Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

jcarwash

DIS Veteran
Cruise meet thread for the...

February 16, 2013 to February 23, 2013, 7 Night Western Cruise

Itinerary: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...-caribbean-cruise-disney-fantasy-itinerary-b/

2/8/2013 REPOST FINAL Fish Extender exchange list in post #1343: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47445060&postcount=1343

Note: All additions to Fish Extender list in 2013 will be "provisional members" of the FE group, where they need to understand they may not get the same (or any) gift from other participants who purchased or ordered gifts based on the 12.31.2012 list.

:goodvibes pirate:

Sailing on our second cruise:
Me, jcarwash
DW, Totoro on the DIS
DS, age 6

We are on this cruise too! (barring any extraordinary itineraries released on the Magic or Wonder) :cool1:
Right now we have two Cat. 8D's booked for myself(Andrea), DH, Ryan and our 3 DD's, Ashley, Riley and Bailey. At cruise time they will be 18, 13 and 8. We are unsure of whether or not Ashley will be going with us as it will be her first year in college and it will depend on her class schedule. :confused3
This will be mine and Riley's 7th Disney cruise, Ashley and Ryan's 6th and Bailey's 5th. Very excited! :banana:
We also have family going with us...I'm sure they will chime in eventually. ;)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

So....anyone done any research yet on Costa Maya? That's one port that I haven't been to yet and know nothing about. :confused3

I took a really quick look at the DCL excursions for Costa Maya, just to get an idea. I looked at a couple of excursions that involve visiting Maya pyramid ruins. I'll need to do more reading to see if those are good or not.

I also asked a co-worker if she'd been to Costa Maya and she said, oh, there's nothing to do there, but there is a large eating and shopping area right at the port. She also tends to be a "stay on the ship" person though and doesn't go for big excursions.

That's a far as I've gotten so far.:goodvibes

Howdy folks. My name is Sil (short for Silvestro). My family is booked on this cruise! Joining me will be my DW (Margaret Ann) and 2 DDs (Lauren who will be 13 and Rosie who will be 10). It will be our 5th DCL. We have done a 4 day on the Wonder, 15 day Panama Canal Repo on the Magic, 4 day on the Dream and we plan to do a Canadian cruise out of NYC in 2012.

We normally go to WDW for President's Week (we did DL that past Pres Week) so I figured we can change it up a bit for 2013 and enjoy the Fantasy.

This will be our first cruise that is not in Aug/Sept so we are a bit nervous about the weather (too cold to swim @ CC?).

I sort of wish this was an Eastern Caribbean or was doing San Juan, but I am sure we will enjoy the ports.

Hoping to do a Fish Extender. Let me know if you guys are interested.

Sil

Hi silmarg! Yes, my family is interested in a Fish Extender exchange for the cruise. We enjoyed our first FE quite a bit.

We have also booked this cruise. It is myself, my DH, and my DD who will be 10 in our room. My sister and her DH, DS who will be 10, and DD who will be 12 in a room, and then my mother and father will be in a third room. It is the third time on a Disney cruise for my family and my sister's family but first for my parents. All 3 rooms are interested in doing the fish exchange. My sister and I did it on our last cruise and had a great time.:lovestruc

This thread is already starting to come alive..... This will be our 4th cruise technically since we did teh B2B this past October on the Dream.....

Where is everyone staying. We are in 6688

We are in room 6566.

I will start the FE list:
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566

Hi everyone! I just put a 'hold' on this cruise for me and my son, who will be 12 when we sail. I'm celebrating my 45th birthday in 2013 (yikes! :yay:) and my wish is to take a Disney cruise! How crazy am I??!! :rotfl: The 3 and 4-day cruises would be too short for me, so I chose the longer Fantasy cruise and can't wait! :banana: I only hope that my son's school will maintain it's normal schedule and close during President's week. If not, I still may take him out of school. :confused3

It will be me (Monie) and my DS (12) at sail time. Does anyone know about Disney's activities for the 12-year old set? Oh, and for now, we're booked in room 2521. :goodvibes

Wow! I turn my back for 1 minute and the thread just took off! We are in 6670 and 6672, not sure if we will keep both cabins or not. Our oldest will be in college, so if she can't come then we will downsize to one cabin.

PoeticMoe, we just got off the Dream and our middle DD is currently 12. She and her friend (whose family also went) LOVED the Edge. It's the tween club for 11-13 year olds. We had the same school delima...our kids schools had the first week of October off for fall break for years. So we scheduled our 2009 and 2011 cruises around that break so they wouldn't miss school. Well, when they released the calendar for this school year, no fall break! They moved it to Presidents week. It was too late for us to move the cruise that we had been planning for almost two years, so we took them out of school. So now we are planning this cruise around the "new" school schedule with the hopes that they don't change it again! If they do, we will probably have to take them out again.
Is anyone else waiting to see what the Magic and Wonder are doing 2013? I'm pretty sure we will be staying with this cruise, but if the Magic does Bermuda out of New York I would have to look into that, we've never been to Bermuda and would love to go. I would also LOVE to do 14 day Hawaii, but I'm pretty sure those will be out of price range until they've been doing them for a bit and the price is not so outrageous.

but if the Magic does Bermuda out of New York I would have to look into that,

If that were to be the case, I would have to consider it since I live so close to the port in NY (and airfare is a ripoff to Fla during presidents week). Heck I can see the ships coming into and out of NY Harbor from my office.

Then again, I would like to go on the Fantasy (since by then we will have been on the magic twice).

And NY in February is awfully cold. I am concerned that it will be too cold on the Fantasy in Florida... nevermind the Magic out of NY.

Should be interested to see the prices for that week. Most northeast schools are out for that week... so it will be a pricey (and popular) sail date.

Wow again, 1 week in and we are already on page two! :cool1:
I didn't even think about how cold it would be in NY in February, I guess we wouldn't be wearing shorts and tank tops to that sail away party. :scared1:
We've been on a Thanksgiving cruise out of PC and it wasn't cold and we've been to WDW in December, warm during the day, a little chilly at night. But I'm from CA, so chilly to me is low 70's. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter