Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

Thank you! We have Happy Limo picking us up at WL at 10 am for an 11:30 port arrival time. I scheduled the call for 10:45 during the drive. We were going to wait until we arrived at the port and he saw the ships, but I think this will let it sink in before we arrive :goodvibes. I'm sure when we leave to go to WDW, he'll be asking about a cruise, so I can't wait to surprise him!

Oh you're a sneaky one,that is an awesome way to depart the World.
Awesome idea MatthewsMommy.:thumbsup2

I propose that anyone that joins after Jan 1 is a "provisional FE member".

A provisional FE member means that family may not get FEs from everyone as some folks purchase a set number of gifts or have them personalized and had to order in advance. How ever those that have spares are free to give to a provisional member.

Do I have a second to this proposal?

I second this proposal.

Has anybody been to Boatswain Park on GC or the Atlantis Sub. The wife and I have booked the Atlantis but may change it to Boatswain. Being first time cruisers we are playing it safe and booking through DCL. The problem being Boatswain says 4.5 -5 hours and we are in port for I think 5 hours which doesn't leave a lot of time for visiting the shops in town or other just walking around. We did these subs in Hawaii and I'm thinking they are pretty much the same. Health issues with my ears prevents me from snorkeling so its the only way I get to see stuff underwater. Is Boatswain worth the time and can you leave early

Originally Posted by silmarg
I propose that anyone that joins after Jan 1 is a "provisional FE member".

A provisional FE member means that family may not get FEs from everyone as some folks purchase a set number of gifts or have them personalized and had to order in advance. How ever those that have spares are free to give to a provisional member.

Do I have a second to this proposal?
I second this proposal.

All in favor say "AYE"

Or in spirit of Captin Jack Sparrow. "Aaarrrrrggghhh"

Motion carries.

All additions to FE list in 2013 will be "provisional members" of the FE group where they need to understand they may not get the same (or any) gift from other participants who ordered gifts based on the 12.31.2012 list.

Motion carries.

All additions to FE list in 2013 will be "provisional members" of the FE group where they need to understand they may not get the same (or any) gift from other participants who ordered gifts based on the 12.31.2012 list.

AYE - I already have an additional suitcase packed with all the FE gifts in it, and there is not much more room left :eek:

AYE - I already have an additional suitcase packed with all the FE gifts in it, and there is not much more room left :eek:

It "feels" like this cruise has been more or less sold out for some time. There wont be any big discounts on this one... So I dont think we will see many more FE requests at this juncture.

Happy New Years everyone!

Welcome!

Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
CLEOGOLDFISH - DH/DW/DD11/DD7 - 6036
LAURITAGODDESS - DMom/DS10 - 6040
NANANDIBOB - DH/DW/DD12 - 6178
MAGRUDERSMAKES3 - DH/DW/DD10 - 6188
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566
TWINSANDAGIRL (grandparents) - DH/DW - 6650
MATTHEWSMOMMY - DH/DW/DS6 - 6690
KK92476 - DH/DW/DD9 - 7646
POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 7690
MAKINMEMORIES4MYKIDS - DH/DW/DD13/DD12 - 7570
DIZJOHN - DH/DW/DS9/DD6 - 8080
DISDREAM09 - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 8116
DISNEY1430 - DH/DW/DD14/DS12 - 8664
NIKITTA28 - DMom/DGrammy/DD14/DD12/DS10/DD8 - 9040&9043
KPD320 - DH/DD12/DS8 - 9045
APHOENIX & AVP - DH/DW - 9062
LANI - Lani and Steph (Adults) - 9064
BROWNIEBITES - DH/DW+DW's parents - 9506
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY (friend) - DMom/DS17 - 9517
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY - DH/DW/DD16/DD12 - 9536
THECHAVEZLUVDISNEY - 2 Adults/DD9/DD7 - 9538
THREEBOYSNY - DH/DW/DS12/DS10/DS7 - 9540
RIEGERVIC - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 10024
MOMTOLEASAWAV - DH/DW/DD17/DS15/DD10 - 10120

MISSING STATEROOMS!
WOLFCAT - DH/DW/DD11/DD7 - XXXX
TWINSANDAGIRL - DH/DW/DS10/DS10/DD4 - XXXX

Hey everyone dong the FE, :fish:

While making tags - I was checking and cross checking the FE List and the Work Doc list and came across some discrepancy.

1. Cleogoldfish is 6036 above and 6063 on Word Doc

2. Twinsandagirl (grandparents) are listed above as 6650 on Word Doc as 7076

3. Twinsandagirl have updated their room number to 7078

It "feels" like this cruise has been more or less sold out for some time. There wont be any big discounts on this one...

Interesting, I checked the pricing just now for a party of four (2A2C) and I see there are guaranteed IGT, OGT and VGT rates for our cruise, and for the 2/23 sailing too.

The Feb 2 and Feb 9 sailings aren't listing the GT rates.

(For those who aren't familiar... the guaranteed (GT) rates are discounted for different staterooms types for new bookings only. You are assigned a stateroom; you don't get to pick. IGT is inside, OGT is outside, and VGT is verandah.)

Hey everyone dong the FE, :fish:

While making tags - I was checking and cross checking the FE List and the Work Doc list and came across some discrepancy.

1. Cleogoldfish is 6036 above and 6063 on Word Doc

2. Twinsandagirl (grandparents) are listed above as 6650 on Word Doc as 7076

3. Twinsandagirl have updated their room number to 7078

Post #822 on this thread

Hi everybody! This is my first Disney Cruise, and my husband and children's first EVER cruise! Is it too late to get on the FE list? Travelling are myself, DH, DD 10 (almost 11) and DD 7 -- #6036.
Thanks!!

Where did the Twinsandagirl info come from? I did a search and found nothing?

Interesting, I checked the pricing just now for a party of four (2A2C) and I see there are guaranteed IGT, OGT and VGT rates for our cruise, and for the 2/23 sailing too.

The Feb 2 and Feb 9 sailings aren't listing the GT rates.

(For those who aren't familiar... the guaranteed (GT) rates are discounted for different staterooms types for new bookings only. You are assigned a stateroom; you don't get to pick. IGT is inside, OGT is outside, and VGT is verandah.)

Interesting.... The GT prices are high... but not totally unreasonable...

silmarg said:
Interesting.... The GT prices are high... but not totally unreasonable...

The VGT has dropped since originally posted as well, and is within 100 bucks of what I paid per person for a 4A in December '11, but over $1300 per person less than what it would cost to book a 4A today.

There also seems to be a lot more categories open now than there were a couple of months ago, leaves me wondering what happened with this one. Pure speculation, but perhaps there were a lot of folks that had this one as a dummy, or got airline price shock trying to book flights just before the PIF?

The VGT has dropped since originally posted as well, and is within 100 bucks of what I paid per person for a 4A in December '11, but over $1300 per person less than what it would cost to book a 4A today.

There also seems to be a lot more categories open now than there were a couple of months ago, leaves me wondering what happened with this one. Pure speculation, but perhaps there were a lot of folks that had this one as a dummy, or got airline price shock trying to book flights just before the PIF?

Im in a 5D and I booked waaaaaay back using a dummy date transfer. And the VGT rate is $1500 higher.

Airfare is nuts out of the northeast on Pres week... so there couldve been some cancellations for sure.

Im in a 5D and I booked waaaaaay back using a dummy date transfer. And the VGT rate is $1500 higher.

Airfare is nuts out of the northeast on Pres week... so there couldve been some cancellations for sure.

I know we switched up our plans way back in October - because of the airline prices -

We are coming in a week early (flying) to enjoy the parks then driving back to the Northeast using a oneway rental (Unlimited Miles) for less then $200 it was way more cost effictive for our famly of 4 - We are using HHonor points for free hotel stay - on the way back, so that helps too.

With Airline tickets between $500 to $600 a piece (round trip) for that week, it seems like a better option for us.

Rather spend the money on an excursion :beach:

Happy 2013!

Been away from the thread for awhile - things have been crazy after Sandy and then the holidays....

Our school district canceled February break due to all of the days missed from Sandy :( I am sure other school districts did this as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people canceled their trip as a result (could also explain the increase in available cabins)

We made the decision to still go :) my kids have no idea, they think they have school ;) Now I get to plan a how to surprise them :scratchin

Looking forward to this trip - can't believe how close we are!

Happy planning everyone:goodvibes

I updated the Google doc last week to add the recent additions from Silmarg's list. Any additional names must have been added by the participants directly. (I didn't check to make sure everyone on the Google doc was on Silmarg's, just the other way around.)

The wrong cabin numbers are most likely typos on my part. Sorry!

silmarg said:
I will try and PM them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter