• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy 12/3/16 Christmas season with the Mouse!!

Sounds like you are in the best possible place to get the change on board...I think folks who have DCL transport from the Disney hotels have much worse odds...plan on going to Royal Court (that seems to be the location on the Fantasy) as a first stop.
The other suggestion I have seen folks post that seems to work is to check your reservation on the DCL website often between the PIF dates (now until Sept 19) as folks cancel their cruises when the payment is due...some people have posted that they check daily and have just seen main dining appear....
Good luck!!
Thank You for the advice.

Hi! My name is Carie and my husband (Joe) and I with our three kids & my in-laws will be sailing on our first Disney Cruise this December. I just recently learned about FE and we want to join if it's not too late. What do I need to do?
Here's our info
Umm... I teach Nursing and my husband does IT work for the gas company. We are from the Pittsburgh area. My daughters dance and Abby is into Archery. Ben takes karate.

Room 6028 Grammy, Pappy & Ben (7)
Room 6030 Carie (40), Joe (44), Abby (13) & Becca (11)

Is that it? Too much? Not enough?
I hope this works. :-)

Hi! My name is Carie and my husband (Joe) and I with our three kids & my in-laws will be sailing on our first Disney Cruise this December. I just recently learned about FE and we want to join if it's not too late. What do I need to do?
Here's our info
Umm... I teach Nursing and my husband does IT work for the gas company. We are from the Pittsburgh area. My daughters dance and Abby is into Archery. Ben takes karate.

Room 6028 Grammy, Pappy & Ben (7)
Room 6030 Carie (40), Joe (44), Abby (13) & Becca (11)

Is that it? Too much? Not enough?
I hope this works. :-)
Welcome SteelCityCruisers - all of you!!! It's not too late (we set September 1 as a date for finalization of FE lists). I'd be happy to add you but have a few questions...
do you want to include your inlaws in the FE...meaning do you want them to receive small gifts and distribute them too? I am guessing with Ben in their room you probably want two cabins on the FE list. With that in mind, do you want to have both cabins in the same group?

Let me know what you would like
and have fun planning!

Hi it's been awhile since I used these boards and the format seems to have changed, so please bare with me. I'll be cruising with you on my 5th DCL.
It'll be dh 48, dd29, dd16, dd17 and myself 50. I've been involved in the FE in the past and would like both our cabins
to be involved again this cruise. My husband and myself will be in cabin 7568 and my 3 daughters will be in 7570.
On past cruises, there has been FB groups for both adults and one for teens. Is one up and running? If so, would you please add me Linda Red Colton Fargie. Thank you!
I've never had trip insurance on my past cruises but I'm thinking of getting it before I pay in full. My travel agents quoted me at close to $600 for both cabins. Can those of you that use travel insurance please share with me where you purchased it and if it's as costly as what I was quoted? Thank you all so much! Looking forwards to cruising!

Hi it's been awhile since I used these boards and the format seems to have changed, so please bare with me. I'll be cruising with you on my 5th DCL.
It'll be dh 48, dd29, dd16, dd17 and myself 50. I've been involved in the FE in the past and would like both our cabins
to be involved again this cruise. My husband and myself will be in cabin 7568 and my 3 daughters will be in 7570.
On past cruises, there has been FB groups for both adults and one for teens. Is one up and running? If so, would you please add me Linda Red Colton Fargie. Thank you!
So happy to have you join us!!! So let me begin with participation in fish exchange...you certainly can join us...in fact, we'll probably restructure the groups to 3 with your two cabins. However, we don't have separate groups for adults and teens...you used the abbreviation FB so maybe you were thinking Facebook - they have about 200 folks and may have more options for fish exchange...the facebook group is separate from this one...
If being in our mixed fish exchange groups is ok, then I have another question - I am guessing you want to be in the same group...just checking...let me know
When you let me know, I'll restructure us to three groups...

O K - so many people joining us! What a great thing! However, the Fish Extender groups just grew too large...so I will be moving folks into a third group...hope that is ok
I'll restructure them when I hear from MakinMemories4MyKids and SteelCityCruisers

I've never had trip insurance on my past cruises but I'm thinking of getting it before I pay in full. My travel agents quoted me at close to $600 for both cabins. Can those of you that use travel insurance please share with me where you purchased it and if it's as costly as what I was quoted? Thank you all so much! Looking forwards to cruising!

I think your insurance quote is high because you are insuring three adults...cost is age related
I recommend you search for popular insurance companies, visit their websites and put in your information to get a quote. There are a few common ones that many folks use...did you check adding it through Disney? Good luck

O K - so many people joining us! What a great thing! However, the Fish Extender groups just grew too large...so I will be moving folks into a third group...hope that is ok
I'll restructure them when I hear from MakinMemories4MyKids and SteelCityCruisers

Hi,
sounds like a plan to me. Thanks for keeping track of the FE lists. I know it doesn't close until 9/1 but are you thinking of making the groups max at 10 cabins? Just trying to plan ahead as I'm flying in :-) thanks!

So happy to have you join us!!! So let me begin with participation in fish exchange...you certainly can join us...in fact, we'll probably restructure the groups to 3 with your two cabins. However, we don't have separate groups for adults and teens...you used the abbreviation FB so maybe you were thinking Facebook - they have about 200 folks and may have more options for fish exchange...the facebook group is separate from this one...
If being in our mixed fish exchange groups is ok, then I have another question - I am guessing you want to be in the same group...just checking...let me know
When you let me know, I'll restructure us to three groups...
Yes of course I know the FE groups are mixed, not a problem, I'm in.
I'm asking if there is a FB/Facebook group for this group. Usually on FB groups they create an adult group and a teen/kid group. If there is a FB group will someone please add me or as least tell me the group name so I can search. Thank you.

Hi,
sounds like a plan to me. Thanks for keeping track of the FE lists. I know it doesn't close until 9/1 but are you thinking of making the groups max at 10 cabins? Just trying to plan ahead as I'm flying in :-) thanks!
Yes, I dread regrouping into 3 groups but we'll have 28 cabins and that's really too many for two groups in my world...even though I have my gifts organized...oh well

As soon as I hear from the two new sets of two cabins about being together or separated, I'll regroup...I think it's best and suspect others may agree...anyone disagree and would prefer 14 cabins in each group??? Chime in!!!

Hello again, so I talked to my crew. Can I just count the 3 kids in my room for FE (even though technically my son is booked with my in-laws)? I didn't realize adults do FE too (newbie). If that's ok it would just be our family of 5 (counted as 1 room).

Also for clarification. How many FE are expected to be purchased? Is it just for all on our list for 1 day or multiple days?
Thanks

Hello again, so I talked to my crew. Can I just count the 3 kids in my room for FE (even though technically my son is booked with my in-laws)? I didn't realize adults do FE too (newbie). If that's ok it would just be our family of 5 (counted as 1 room).

Also for clarification. How many FE are expected to be purchased? Is it just for all on our list for 1 day or multiple days?
Thanks
Terrific, I'll add your cabin 6030 to the list with the 5 in your family...that seems like it will work out perfectly (just hang your fish extender holder at cabin 6030).

As for number of gifts and frequency, seems we have defaulted to whatever you want to do...although I think most folks hope FE participants will distribute small gifts to each cabin on your list at least once during the cruise...I think most participants give a gift to each person in the cabin once during the cruise but the decision really is yours. I have gifts that are related to the age of the child but I know others give the same gift to each person...

This isn't supposed to be stressful...just do what feels right, is manageable, and will lead to some fun for your family! I love to craft (and rarely set aside to do it anymore) so I've really enjoyed adding a personal touch to the project...that said, you can purchase simple gifts and do it easily. I know I've also enjoyed making our Christmas-themed FE holder...

Thanks
I added you to the Christmas Cruisers
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fa...-with-the-mouse.3436114/page-19#post-56238004

OK - everyone I am stumped...right now we have 13 cabins in one group - and it seems all will be cruising...should we break up into three smaller groups (fewer than 10 cabins in a group) or leave things as they are...

To be honest, I am concerned that a few folks who haven't checked in in May may decide not to cruise or not to participate...then the FE groups would be very small...

Please, post a message that helps me know what the group would like - small FE groups or leave them as they are (a little big)...

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. Can't wait to start making stuff!!

Ummm... So I must have sounded too excited when I explained FE to my MIL because she and my FIL now want to join. They said it doesn't matter what group they are in. Both are in their 60's and will just go by Grammy & Pappy. Room 6028
Sorry we're so late but like I mentioned we just found out about this. I hope that doesn't mess anything up with groups. Super excited for our first Disney Cruise!

Thank you for the info. Can't wait to start making stuff!!

Ummm... So I must have sounded too excited when I explained FE to my MIL because she and my FIL now want to join. They said it doesn't matter what group they are in. Both are in their 60's and will just go by Grammy & Pappy. Room 6028
Sorry we're so late but like I mentioned we just found out about this. I hope that doesn't mess anything up with groups. Super excited for our first Disney Cruise!
First, you aren't late...I suspect we'll start an additional group for latecommers in October or November.

As for whether you are in the same group with your inlaws, let me see if I can help clarify - if you are in the same group then you would give to each other (if you wish). Some folks like that since the grandparents could select some little gifts for their grandchildren that may be more special than other DISers could provide...on the other hand, if you are in separate groups then each cabin will likely get two different sets of gifts that are more unique...

Your call, just let me know what you would like.

BTW, I am determined for this FE to be as drama free as possible...so no worries, no stress is my mantra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter