"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Gliding huh? He must've been getting a sneak peak at some fancy new ride Disney is rolling out :rotfl:

Santa Mickey with Duffy, so cute!

I love the holiday shirt you purchased!

So awesome that you got to meet Jess! And so thoughtful that you had been carrying around that button and that you finally got to give it to her to pass along!

Jeeze, I go away for a little bit and miss two awesome updates!!!

What a great night! I love how you travel solo, but then meet so many people!

The fact that you and Popadon have the same jacket makes that jacket now like the coolest thing one can buy! Should be a limited edition item now. ;)

Some people would go crazy seeing Brad Pitt or Jennifer Lopez, but I too would only lose my cool if I ran into Jess the Frump!! IMHO you are a DISelebrity also, so it was fun to see you two together in a picture. :thumbsup2

Ahhhh, but if you're gonna miss updates, and impromptu visit to Orlando is a pretty darn good excuse Elena.

It sure was. And, at least on this trip, it didn't really feel like a solo trip since I had so many wonderful people to share it with.

RIGHT!!?? I absolutely fan-girled when I saw he had purchased one. Like it just totally became the "in" item of clothing.

It was quite surreal I must admit. And adding in the fact that she was so kind and welcoming only added to the experience. Awww thanks. :blush: I certainly wouldn't put myself in anywhere near the same category. But I'll let others do it. :p

Yay Rob! Any day that is started in Epcot is sure to be a great day :goodvibes IMO! The fountain :lmao: enough said. It's so funny to me too when people get the names of Disney rides off. Gliding.....:lmao:. I hate to say it but my DH falls in this group too. We have 4 Disney trips under our belt now and God love him he still calls it Magic Thunder:lmao:. And yes we make fun of him....every....single....time...Magic Thunder:lmao: ah ha never gets old. I am so proud of you for going left at world showcase. Good for you! I am just like that but opposite. I cannot wrap my mind around starting on the right side. Can't do it. Nope. You know I'm sure that there is group help for people like us right?! Ah you met Jess :goodvibes how wonderful! I too, like everyone here on the disboards, followed her on her on her frump adventures! She seems like a genuine person for sure :goodvibes So glad that you got to meet her! And see it was Disney fate that made you go left so you could get that pin to Lia!!! Such a great update. Cannot wait to hear more. Although I think that I will be in withdrawl when you complete your report and I fear that since you are on your last day that will come too soon. You need to take another trip so you can do some more reporting!!! :upsidedow

YAY JENN!!! Indeed. Epcot really felt neglected up to this point. ... Stupid awesome beautiful fountain...

The whole mis-naming thing is both funny and infuriating at the same time. Aww Jenn, and you guys had such a wonderful relationship too. Such a shame you had to leave him. You did leave him for that... right? That's pretty unforgivable. :laughing:

It appears most people have a go to way to enter the Showcase, which is pretty interesting. So at least I don't feel strange about it. And it sure paid off changing it up to get to meet the head Frump herself. I can safely say that she really is a very sweet person and a truly great ambassador for Disney. And yup, even better was I could finally end that little button adventure.

Aww you're way too sweet. I do have the rest of this day, then a little for the next day, then wrap up, plus hopefully a mini TR for my upcoming Niagara trip, so there's still a bit to go. And you never know what I might have planned for Disney. I do have an Annual Pass after all...

Gliding huh? He must've been getting a sneak peak at some fancy new ride Disney is rolling out :rotfl:

Santa Mickey with Duffy, so cute!

I love the holiday shirt you purchased!

So awesome that you got to meet Jess! And so thoughtful that you had been carrying around that button and that you finally got to give it to her to pass along!

Yup... Gliding... It's a god thing I'm not a violent person because I wanted to slap him, lol.

Oh I know. I was bitter-sweet to see that.

ME TOO!!! It's an awesome shirt. I especially like it because it's dated.

So awesome indeed Alexis. She really is quite the celebrity. And really sweet. OMG I was so happy to finally end that mission.

"SOME PEOPLE ARE WORTH MELTING FOR"
Day 9 – December 11, 2013 Part 2

After my surprising (and exciting) DISmeet with a Frump, my final day was looking up,
As I continued on through the Showcase with no real goal and just a few photos as I wandered.

It's funny, but the Anna/Elsa line doesn't look that bad... But it is.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

One of my favourite Walt quotes.

20.jpg

On my journey around the Showcase, I stopped in France to watch the Pere Noel for a bit,
And an iPad photo session with Aurora in the background… OY.

21.jpg

Even though I'm well in behind, I STILL feel like I'm photobombing somehow.

I then moved on to my homeland to watch a bit of the “Canadian Holiday Voyagers” performing some Christmas ditties.

26.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

I made it as far as World Showcase Plaza when the Monorail passed, so you know… mandatory…

28.jpg

I just stood and looked at the beautiful Epcot Christmas tree for a while and decided I needed a good close up pic of this.

30.jpg

Canadia Represent!

This was just one of those days where Future World held no appeal to me whatsoever, so I headed back into the Showcase for lunch.

I paused again in Norway to have a look in the Stave Church and see all the inspirations for Frozen.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

And of course peek in on Anna and Elsa themselves since their line was still ridiculously long.

35.jpg

36.jpg

My lunch of choice today was here.

37.jpg

38.jpg

Simple yet Delicious!!

I walked off my meal around the Showcase pausing briefly to watch the Storyteller in Japan,

40.jpg

Before doing something I always wanted to do, but never seemed to fit into the itinerary.

Right before this trip, I had read a number of reports about the Voices of Liberty so I really wanted to check it out for myself.
So off to the U.S.A. (And a happy belated Independence Day to ALL my wonderful American friends).

I entered the building and found a spot out of the way to wait, and before too long, they arrived.

42.jpg

While I was looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about, what came next is really hard to put into words.

From Note 1… NOTE… ONE… I was completely overcome with emotion, and I do mean completely.

I am a firm believer that the human voice can be the most beautiful sounding instrument there is.
These men and women proved that many MANY MANY times over.

I posted on Facebook along with this photo:

43.jpg

"Speechless with some form of salty discharge coming out of my eyes. No lie. Voices of Liberty sing Christmas songs!! O... M... G!!!”

Folks, this gave me chills to the nth degree, and I was literally frozen in my spot.
I really was speechless and REALLY emotional as I have never heard anything like this in my life;
At least not in person.

44.jpg

I genuinely felt privileged to get to watch and listen to them, and yes, once again, I teared up.
They instantly became one of my top favourite things in all of Walt Disney World.

Once they completed their set, which quite candidly I didn’t want to end,
Most people headed in to watch the American Adventure, but I just wasn’t ready, or frankly able, to leave yet.

I really needed to meet some of them, and thankfully I did end up talking with one of the performers,
Because I just had to express to them how much I truly enjoyed what I had just heard.
I could tell she was genuinely touched as she called over another of the performers and I expressed the same to her as well.

I finally mentioned how much I would love a photo (I may have been emotional, but I was still thinking Trip Report),
But had no one to take it.

Without missing a beat they grabbed one of their mates to do the honour, but not before he provided me with this gem…

45.jpg

Which quite frankly just makes me love them more, which I didn’t think was possible.

Nonetheless, I still got my desired photo.

46.jpg

This is one of my absolute favorite memories from this trip; That is how impactful and talented they are.
And not only are they EXTREMELY talented, they are some of the nicest people too.

I told them that I would absolutely be back to see them again, and they responded to totally do that next time I’m there.

No, I explained, I’ll be back TODAY!!!!

Honestly, if you haven’t seen them, do not wait.
It is one of the most amazing things Disney has to offer, and I don’t say that lightly.

Apart from Wishes, and all the unbelievable moments shared with such special DISers on this trip,
I don't know that ANYTHING has moved me as much as these heavenly performers.

Before I left, I wanted to get one more photo of something I’d seen when I walked in, but at the time it was blocked by some people.

But, there was no one in the way now, so I made sure to get it before I left, because it is just so very true.

47.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED…

I hope to catch the voices of liberty this September, thanks for reminding me! Glad to see the trip lightened up a bit for your last day. You updated at 4:20. Haha.

20.jpg

Wait, I thought the mouses name was Mickey ... who is Stanley the Mouse? ;)

Glad you enjoyed the Voices of America so much - they really are very powerful .... and I think the simplicity of it - just talented people singing, no music, no video, no animatronics - makes it so powerful

I think the entire America pavilion is one that is not appreciated enough. It's rarely on the top of peoples "must dos" but I have read so many reports of people checkingit out on a whim and being blown away by both the Voices of Liberty and the American Experience show.

Without missing a beat they grabbed one of their mates to do the honour, but not before he provided me with this gem…

45.jpg

Ok, he looks like he could be the wacky next-door neighbor if Dr. Who was a sitcom :rotfl:

Love the VoL performer's selfie :lmao:

I've never gotten to see a full set of theirs. Miss Maddie won't let me stay and enjoy their show for long, but one of these days I'm going to!

So glad that you enjoyed it.

I need to see the Voices of Liberty in September, I will actually have a night with no kids and will be in Epcot so this is on my must do list! :cool1:

Love the selfie, seems like a really great bunch of people to meet.

Yes the line for Anna and Elsa I remember that not so fondly and now I am stressing out over trying to get a fastpass+ for them (since I am an AP I only have 30 days before my trip to book) :badpc:

Your last day seems like it is winner and the perfect way to end your trip :thumbsup2

I think Voices of Liberty may be the best a cappella group in the country. I remember seeing them on my first trip in 1985 and being absolutely blown away by their performance. I'm glad you were able to experience it and meet a few members.

You were able to get some good photos of Anna and Elsa without actually standing in line!

I haven't been to Epcot since May 2013, but your praise of Voices of Liberty is definitely getting me more interested! WoW!

Love your mandatory Monorail shots! It is like Doug from Up!, but instead of "squirrel!" it is "Monorail!".

Wonderful wanderings in the World Showcase!

Wow, what a beautiful story about how moved you were by the Voices of Liberty. And you probably guessed it... I haven't heard them. :(

Great interactions after the show and I bet you made their days as much as they made yours.

:goodvibes

"

20.jpg

This is one of my favs as well. It always reminds me of the movie in OMD. Love it! :thumbsup2

Aren't the Voices of Liberty A-MAZING!!!!!!!!

Years ago I took the KTTK tour and they asked everyone what their Disney dream job would be and my response was "I want to sing with the Voices of Liberty". I'm serious. I think that would be the coolest thing EVER. I can sing, but certainly not like that. They have such amazing training. Their intonation is flawless. But even more amazing is their dynamics. The really do instill great emotion. And I agree with you - the human voice is one of the greatest instruments and when its used in an acapella group its even more amazing.

Greetings from the Pop Century Resort and SPAAAA! Tonight we are taking it easy since tomorrow is my sister's birthday and we are going all day from rope drop to Wishes!

I LOVE THE VOICES OF LIBERTY. And they truly are their best at Christmas. If I had one ounce of the talent they have I would be very happy with myself. Just remarkable. I'm hoping to see them perform a certain Frozen song when I see them Wednesday...

I cannot believe the line for Anna & Elsa! It is really deceiving!

Yummy lunch from China! It's hit or miss sometimes, but I like visiting.

I love that you got to experience some of the Christmas things in world showcase! It's just so fun. Learning about other cultures ways of celebrating is fascinating! That alone makes me want to visit every December.

I haven't seen the voices in a long time, but believe me, I plan to our next trip! It's overdue. I love acappella groups & in that building...omg, it's magic. How awesome is that photo of one of the singers?! Also, good quote from Uncle Walt. So very very true.

Voices of Liberty...awesome! They really are amazing. I am glad you finally got to hear them. I have seen them before but, alas they were not singing Christmas songs. I'll be back for Christmas this year and I plan on making it to the storytellers (which I missed last year) and to watch them sing!

Oh man, what a cutie-pie is CM Emily from Australia, who says "I love Canadia!" Why would anyone on earth spit in her face?! :mad: Id've been right with you in getting kicked out of WDW if I saw that.

Aw, the "littlest photobomer" is adorbs.

You know how it is with Epcot -- you always have to decide what you're going to do first: either "Gliding" or "Trial Trail". :rolleyes:

Dude, I've been trying to tell you to go see Voices of Liberty! Has all of my trip reporting been in vain? :sad2: Glad you finally stopped in! ;)

Ahhh finally! Glad you were able to finally enjoy Voices of Liberty. They truly are amazing. They are a great representation for our country!

Ha ha ha! Go LEFT in WS! What a great reward for your effort with a FRUMP sighting. Jess is the reason they had to start giving top thread badges to 2nd place folks. She's never going to be topped. I've followed her TRs for a long time and I'm always glad to hear that she is as sweet and genuine in person as she is in her TR. (Not that there is any doubt.)

I was seriously thinking you'd have some strawberry shortcake for breakfast "dessert"! I'm a new fan of that stuff.

Great update! I'm so glad you got to see Voices of Liberty and that you were so moved by it :) Even better that you got to chat with them after and show your appreciation (and get those 2 awesome pics ;)).

voices of liberty is something that i seriously die everytime I hear them perform. There's something there that just simply moves me to such emotional places it's insane!! Absolutely love it, and so glad Jenna & I were able to catch them last trip! Truly incredible!

I hope to catch the voices of liberty this September, thanks for reminding me! Glad to see the trip lightened up a bit for your last day. You updated at 4:20. Haha.

Oh my goodness Jake, you NEED TO! I can't believe I neglected this for so long. AMAZING!! OK that's pretty awesome. Of course here in Atlantic it was 5:20, so that of course was for all my Eastern Standard Time friends.

Wait, I thought the mouses name was Mickey ... who is Stanley the Mouse? ;)

Glad you enjoyed the Voices of America so much - they really are very powerful .... and I think the simplicity of it - just talented people singing, no music, no video, no animatronics - makes it so powerful

I think the entire America pavilion is one that is not appreciated enough. It's rarely on the top of peoples "must dos" but I have read so many reports of people checkingit out on a whim and being blown away by both the Voices of Liberty and the American Experience show.

Ok, he looks like he could be the wacky next-door neighbor if Dr. Who was a sitcom :rotfl:

I believe Stanley the Mouse is indeed the Mouse that started it all, but then he was knocked off by that villainess Mickey who took all the credit.

Honestly Phil, to say I merely enjoyed it would be a great disservice. They blew my mind. Completely. I'm not lying when I say this is now one of my favourite things in Disney. And when you consider all the things in Disney, that really says something I think.

I think you're right. I never really spent much time in there. And that was my mistake. I do intend to see the American Adventure, but at that time, I just couldn't.

OH he was so awesome.

Love the VoL performer's selfie :lmao:

I've never gotten to see a full set of theirs. Miss Maddie won't let me stay and enjoy their show for long, but one of these days I'm going to!

So glad that you enjoyed it.

Oh Shannon me too. It was just a perfect addition to to the moment. Plus, it really shows that despite the immense and Majestic talent they have, they are still Disney performers at heart.

Oh you need to. I'm telling you, one of the most powerful things I've ever seen. Maybe when Maddie gets a little older she'll be ok staying for a set. I think she'd like it too at some point.

It really was mind blowing to me. I'll never forget it.

I need to see the Voices of Liberty in September, I will actually have a night with no kids and will be in Epcot so this is on my must do list! :cool1:

Love the selfie, seems like a really great bunch of people to meet.

Yes the line for Anna and Elsa I remember that not so fondly and now I am stressing out over trying to get a fastpass+ for them (since I am an AP I only have 30 days before my trip to book) :badpc:

Your last day seems like it is winner and the perfect way to end your trip :thumbsup2

Oh yes you do indeed!!!! I promise you will not be disappointed. This is truly special.

And that made it all the better. Still Disney kids at heart.

Oy, Anna and Elsa. I would love to meet them certainly, but the stress involved for me just isn't worth it. I'm an AP holder too, so same rules (unless staying n property).

So far it really turned out pretty darn good. And I thought it was going to be miserable, lol. And believe me, it just gets even better from here.

I think Voices of Liberty may be the best a cappella group in the country. I remember seeing them on my first trip in 1985 and being absolutely blown away by their performance. I'm glad you were able to experience it and meet a few members.

You were able to get some good photos of Anna and Elsa without actually standing in line!

Oh Annie, I LOVED IT!!! And I agree. The power of their voices is extraordinary. I thought I'd like it, but never did I expect to be affected like that.

I know. It was pretty cool that they had it set up so you could see them right from the store.

I haven't been to Epcot since May 2013, but your praise of Voices of Liberty is definitely getting me more interested! WoW!

Love your mandatory Monorail shots! It is like Doug from Up!, but instead of "squirrel!" it is "Monorail!".

Next trip you need to see them Elena. I know you're set for September, but you seem to have a habit of sneaking extra trips in there. Either way, make a point to do this. If you like them even a fraction as much as I did, it will be time well spent.

Bahahaha, that is so true. I swear my eyes just fixate when ever the monorail passes. And out comes the camera whether I realize it or not.

Wonderful wanderings in the World Showcase!

Wow, what a beautiful story about how moved you were by the Voices of Liberty. And you probably guessed it... I haven't heard them. :(

Great interactions after the show and I bet you made their days as much as they made yours.

:goodvibes

Absolutely true Dee... Now say that five times fast.

One of the most amazing things I've seen and heard anywhere. Just pure talent. Hopeful now more and more will take a moment to stop, because it really is so worth it.

Oh I sure do hope so. I swear I was like a pre-teen girl at Jonas Brothers concert. Pretty much the same thing. I was so in awe of their talent and to get to speak to some for even a little bit was memorable. They are genuinely lovely people in addition to their amazing talent.

This is one of my favs as well. It always reminds me of the movie in OMD. Love it! :thumbsup2

Aren't the Voices of Liberty A-MAZING!!!!!!!!

Years ago I took the KTTK tour and they asked everyone what their Disney dream job would be and my response was "I want to sing with the Voices of Liberty". I'm serious. I think that would be the coolest thing EVER. I can sing, but certainly not like that. They have such amazing training. Their intonation is flawless. But even more amazing is their dynamics. The really do instill great emotion. And I agree with you - the human voice is one of the greatest instruments and when its used in an acapella group its even more amazing.

Oh I know. That and also the Celebrate castle show.

Oh Mary Ellen. I could not believe what I was hearing. Just thinking about it gives me chills.

You know, I totally get that. I love to sing as well, so I think anyone who loves singing would have an even greater appreciation for what these folks do. Everything about them is perfect. You can forget about your American Idols. THESE are the true American Idols!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter