• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Hope everyone had a great week!

Monday: Turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato wraps, carrot and celery sticks with ranch
Tuesday: Grilling up the last of the burgers we have in the freezer, alexa sweet potato fries (publix had them BOGO and I had a $1 coupon off!:yay:)
Wednesday: Oven baked tacos, chips and salsa
Thursday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Friday: I have a work conference all day and will not be in the mood to cook. We have a gift card for Brinker restaurants from Christmas we haven't used yet. So I will be using that for takeout.
Saturday: Going to a friend's house for game night! Not sure what I am bringing yet (need to think about that!)
Sunday: Grilling ribs, corn, baked beans, fudge pie for dessert

Menu Plan Week of January 22nd

Saturday - black bean / sweet potato chili
Sunday - lemon pepper fish, mashed potatoes, asparagus
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - chicken cutlets, rice, yellow squash
Wednesday - chicken noodle soup
Thursday -minestrone soup
Friday - Pizza

Sun - Chicken Dorito Tacos, Smoothies, Guacamole and Chips
Mon - Turkey Sausage, Homemade Blueberry Pancakes, Fruit Salad
Tues - Indian Butter Chicken, White Rice, Kale Chips
Wed - Beef and Cheese Lasagna, Green Salad
Thurs - Leftovers
Fri - Frozen Pizza, Apple slices
Sat - Deluxe Cheeseburgers, Roasted Potatoes, Coleslaw

Banana bread, Double Chocolate Cookies, and Sweet Potato Pudding will also be made for breakfasts/snacking/desserts.

:rolleyes:
Nope! The boy (aged 10) is REALLY finicky and he wasn't as a baby and toddler, so I don't know what happened. It's pizza, grilled cheese, mac and cheese (but only KD), chicken nuggets and pb&j's for this kid. He'll eat cereal, pancakes, and waffles but not eggs or bacon or ham. He will eat pepperoni and salami but no other meat (and that's pretty recent). He even fights us on cheese quesadillas, hot dogs, burgers, pasta of any kind (he likes the noodles fine but he can't seem to agree to any sauce), beans, rice (although he has been know to eat fried rice willingingly) and soup. He used to eat most of those items but now generally avoids them. It's very frustrating.

DD is 12 and has always been slightly more adventurous. She likes most things but is not a big fan of anything with spices. I don't know if she has ever tried butter chicken but she does at least admit that it smells tasty. She mostly eats what we make for dinner and just avoids the more "ethnic" stuff that DH and I love. She does have this one weirdness: she stubbornly REFUSES to try any kind of soup. Like since she was about 4. Even chicken noodle is a no-go! I dunno why. But she eats well otherwise, so we don't give her a hard time like we do the boy.

We are so lucky with DD11- she eats everything! She was the kid on our cruise on the Fantasy last year that was ordering duck confit and rack of lamb and gobbling it down when the other kids at our table were on the chicken fingers and pizza- after the first night the server didn't bother to give her the kids menu. She is a huge meat and veggie eater and is eyeing up my steak if hers looks smaller. :rolleyes: I think we were lucky as she never got a taste for PB/KD/chicken fingers as she wasn't really exposed and now wouldn't go for any of them.
I was a picky eater growing up and now I love all food, so don't worry...he will come around

Another week.. another menu.
Week of January 24th.

Sunday...Lemon Pepper Sole, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Muskoka Salad with poppyseed dressing (this was soooo good!)
Monday...Wonton Soup and cut carrots and dip
Tuesday...Pasta and Meatballs and garden salad
Wednesday...Wraps (ground chicken, spices, cheese and veggies)
Thursday...Breakfast for dinner (eggs and toast, fruit and yoghurt)
Friday... Basketball tournament, whatever ds and I eat it will need to be quick as we have to leave by 5pm
Saturday...Will be dinner out in tournament city.
Sunday...Birthday supper with family

We went to Aldi today and spent $75 which is a ridiculous amount of food. This is my plan for this week.

Hamburgers and fruit salad
Beefy Mexican rice type dish with tomato and carrot salad
Home made pizza and applesauce (something easy after DDs birthday party)
Spaghetti and salad

I am cooking half of a spiral ham tomorrow. It was $1.08 a pound at aldis, crazy huh? We get them a lot (never this cheap), and they are way better than Smithfield.
I am going to try to make a big ham quiche so we have leftovers.
Ham slices, sweet potato something, peas, and broccoli rice casserole
Ham slices with sauce on them (BBQ? Asian?), baked apples and peas

We have a meet on Saturday and her party on Sunday. The urge to eat out will be strong.

Coming up is veggie lo mein, beef stew in the crock pot, mjuhadra with pita and cucumber raita, biscuit and gravy casserole and one pot fettuccine alfredo.

Saturday - Soup and Sandwhiches
Sunday - Italian Chicken, pasta, garlic bread
Monday - Frozen Pizza for kids, mom and dad whatever
Tuesday - Veggie Lo Mein
Wednesday - Roast, carrots, potatoes
Thursday - Spagetti, salad
Friday - leftovers

Sun - Chicken Dorito Tacos, Smoothies, Guacamole and Chips
Mon - Turkey Sausage, Homemade Blueberry Pancakes, Fruit Salad
Tues - Indian Butter Chicken, White Rice, Kale Chips
Wed - Beef and Cheese Lasagna, Green Salad
Thurs - Leftovers
Fri - Frozen Pizza, Apple slices
Sat - Deluxe Cheeseburgers, Roasted Potatoes, Coleslaw

Banana bread, Double Chocolate Cookies, and Sweet Potato Pudding will also be made for breakfasts/snacking/desserts.

Guac and chips got finished at lunch, so I have to make a homemade fresh orange and cranberry bread for tonight's dinner...and didn't defrost chicken, so gonna make ground lamb tacos (since the tiny pack defrosts ALOT faster:)...this will be my 1st ground lamb tacos, but I've done every other ground meat (chicken, beef, turkey, veal, pork, etc) and my family ate them all, so it should be good:)...

Tonight- salsa cheddar omelets
Tues-chicken fingers and fries
Wed-broccoli cheddar soup and grilled cheese sammies
Thurs-chicken and twice baked potatoes
Fri-Shepherd's pie
Sat-spaghetti bolognese
Sun-leftovers

Soup of the week:
Treat of the week: krispie rice treat

DS and I have a "date" night on Friday and we are going to Wendy's for dinner. Likely, the Friday and Saturday nights will be switched since I am GF and DS doesn't like pasta. Just realized this as I was typing it out.

Menu Plan for week of 1/30

Saturday - Poached eggs over avocado toast with tomato cucumber salad.

Sunday - Black bean burgers/ sweet potato fries/ avocado slices

Monday - Fish tacos with mango salsa/ corn on the cob/ coleslaw

Tuesday - Ravioli with asparagus and mushrooms

Wednesday - shrimp and scallops with spicy marinara sauce over spaghetti squash / broccoli

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, zucchini

Hope everyone had a fabulous week!!!:-)

Monday: Penne, red sauce, meatballs from the freezer
Tuesday: Lentil and vegetable soup (will freeze half) http://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/01/chunky-lentil-vegetable-soup/
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Pepperoni pizza (frozen), salad
Friday: Oven baked chicken fingers, honey mustard for dipping, mixed vegetables.
Saturday: Leftovers/easy night as I am on my own. H has a work conference/training all day.
Sunday: Going to a friends' house for Superbowl. Bringing something, not sure what, I need to ask them what they need. (PANTHERS!)

Gonna throw this week together on the fly...may make changes later:)...
Sun - Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Thai Bananas in Coconut Milk, Biscuits
Mon (birthday request) - Garlic lemon butter shrimp over mashed potatoes, salad or apple slices
Tues - Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, Coleslaw, Pina Colada Smoothies (with any leftover coconut milk and bananas from Sunday)
Wed - Leftover Buffalo Chicken over Mac and Cheese, Blackberries
Thurs - Cheeseburgers, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Blueberries (skipped this meal this week)
Fri - Pizza, leftover fruit
Sat - Chicken Pesto Pasta or Out (this will move to next week if we go out)...

Just cooking for me (learning to cook for 1; also, all paleo)

Tonight--mulligatawny soup
Mon--salmon and asparagus
Tues--steak and green beans
Wed--crispy chicken thighs and salad
Thurs--cauliflower ham fried "rice" and egg flower soup

Saturday - Chicken patties, tater tots, Mac and Cheese (soccer day so it was quick and easy)
Sunday - Grilled chicken, Roasted Butternut squash for mom, baked potatoes for rest of family, salad
Monday - Spagetti, salad (never made this from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Pizzas/Enchiladas, corn bread, fruit salad
Wednesday - Talipia, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
Thursday- left overs
Friday - Sloppy Joes, Mac and Cheese, Pineapple

Menu week of January 31st

Sunday- Was my birthday and we went to my parents for birthday dinner
Monday-Breakfast for dinner (eggs, whole wheat english muffins, fruit smoothies)
Tuesday- Spaghetti and Meatballs,
Wednesday- Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Cauliflower, Cucumber/Radish salad
Thursday-Wonton Soup, Carrots and Cucumbers with dip
Friday- Whole Roast Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potato, Muskoka Salad, Homemade Bread
Saturday-Boys out for wings and a hockey game, I'll have leftovers
Sunday- Dinner at my parents

This week will be harder as I close 3 night but I vow to eat at home

Last night was chicken paprika
Tonight was grilled London broil with mashed potatoes and roasted Brussel sprouts
Tomorrow will be pasta bake with salad
Wednesday will be ham slices with scalloped potatoes
Thursday will be beef stew
Friday will be bratwurst with German potato salad and applesauce
Saturday will be leftovers from the week

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week! :flower:

Saturday- Had red beans and rice with homemade French bread
Sunday- Grilled steaks, broccoli, mashed potatoes
Monday- Chicken and veggie potstickers, rice, and roasted broccoli and carrots
Tuesday(tonight)- Tacos!
Wednesday- Chicken and veggie kabobs with rice
Thursday- Pasta dish
Friday- Out for dinner
Saturday- No idea
Sunday- Hosting Super Bowl party.... have NO CLUE yet what to make! :scared:

Mon-ham, twice baked potatoes, greek salad
Tues-bacon and eggs, waffles for kiddies, fruit
Wed-leftover ham for DH, grilled cheese sammies, veggies and dip
Thurs-chicken fingers (chicken breast for DH) and fries, broccoli
Fri-calzones, salad
Sat-mac and cheese, salad
Sun-burgers and fries, not sure of veg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter