• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Hi all!

Monday: Cooking a turkey breast in the slow cooker will eat as is, corn and peas on the side
Tuesday: Broccoli alfredo (H will probably throw some leftover turkey in his)
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Easy night/leftovers of some kind
Thursday: Sour cream and noodle cheese bake
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Wedding! :lovestruc
Sunday: BBQ cheddar meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots and ranch

Hi guys! Is there a way people could maybe add a link or the recipes on here too? Is this allowed? I am trying to find some tried-by-others-and-true meal ideas for my family in an effort to save money by not eating out!

Hi guys! Is there a way people could maybe add a link or the recipes on here too? Is this allowed? I am trying to find some tried-by-others-and-true meal ideas for my family in an effort to save money by not eating out!
It is very much allowed. If you see a recipe you are interested in and it's not already linked, feel free to just ask! I know I often do mine at work which blocks a lot of the recipe websites so I often am not able to put in links until I get home =).

Here is my 2 week plan coming up.

Monday: Vegetable soup and corn bread (this will be my lunches for the week as well)
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Chicken Lo Mein
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Tuna Noodle casserole
Saturday: At a friend's house to help them move
Sunday: Leftovers

Monday: Eggs, hashbrowns, toast
Tuesday: Brown sugar and soy salmon, pasta/rice, broccoli
Wednesday: Potato Soup (lunch for the rest of the week)
Thursday: Meatball subs, roasted potatoes
Friday: Lunch out with a friend for my birthday
Saturday: Leftovers

Here is my 2 week plan coming up.

Monday: Vegetable soup and corn bread (this will be my lunches for the week as well)
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Chicken Lo Mein
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Tuna Noodle casserole
Saturday: At a friend's house to help them move

Monday: Eggs, hashbrowns, toast
Tuesday: Brown sugar and soy salmon, pasta/rice, broccoli
Wednesday: Potato Soup (lunch for the rest of the week)
Thursday: Meatball subs, roasted potatoes
Friday: Lunch out with a friend for my birthday
Saturday: Leftovers

And I already have made changes lol. I decided that tonight I didn't want to make the pork roast I had planned because I am craving pizza (which was for tomorrow anyway). So I am moving the pork roast to where I was making the Lo Mein, moving the Lo Mein down to tuna noodle casserole and doing it with leftover pork instead of chicken, and just not doing the casserole.

Lent starts this week and it's throwing me for a loop, but here goes...
Sun - NY Strip Steaks with Carmelized Onions and Herbed Butter (got a great deal yesterday), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans - been jonesing for steak and not wanting to pay for it in restaurants (especially when you get such a small piece), so it's my pre-Super Bowl treat
Mon - Chili Sauce Baked Chicken Sandwiches, Blueberries and Bananas, Roasted Carrots
Tues - Chicken Tacos, Chips and Homemade Guac, Apples and Grapes
Wed - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp over Pasta, Green Salad
Thurs (pushed this meal 2 weeks in a row - kids wanted my fancy uncured, no preservative, no artificial ingredient 100% beef hot dogs this past week - yes these exist:), but I'm finally gonna make this b/c it's a single serving meal!) - Cheeseburgers, Fries, More Blueberries and Bananas
Fri - Cheese Pizza, More Apples and Grapes, Smoothies
Sat - Out for anything but fish:)...

Thurs (pushed this meal 2 weeks in a row - kids wanted my fancy uncured, no preservative, no artificial ingredient 100% beef hot dogs this past week - yes these exist:),

I actually bought something similar today. We've stopped eating hotdogs entirely due to nitrates. But I found some today with no nitrates, antibiotic free, hormone free, raised on Canadian farms etc etc that I could feel good about eating so I bought them. So they are on the menu this week..

Saturday.- Boys went to a hockey game and out for dinner with Papa so I made and ate minestrone
Sunday- Dinner at my parents (my dad is making chicken parm)
Monday-Hotdogs, salad,
Tuesday-Lemon pepper sole, cauliflower, salad for me (Pasta and Meatballs for ds)
Wednesday- Homemade wonton soup, veggies
Thursday- baked pork chops, broccoli cheese rice, cauliflower
Friday-Roast Chicken, sweet potato fries, cauliflower
Saturday-Homemade pizza

Last edited:

I actually bought something similar today. We've stopped eating hotdogs entirely due to nitrates. But I found some today with no nitrates, antibiotic free, hormone free, raised on Canadian farms etc etc that I could feel good about eating so I bought them. So they are on the menu this week..

Saturday.- Boys went to a hockey game and out for dinner with Papa so I made and ate minestrone
Sunday- Dinner at my parents (my dad is making chicken parm)
Monday-Hotdogs, salad,
Tuesday-Pad Thai (Pasta and Meatballs for ds)
Wednesday- Homemade wonton soup, veggies
Thursday- baked pork chops, broccoli cheese rice, cauliflower
Friday-Roast Chicken, sweet potato fries, cauliflower
Saturday-Homemade pizza

I will say, even my husband commented that the hot dogs were just world's better than the other brands (Ball Park, Oscar Meyer, etc), even those brand's high end all beef ones...so we now have another quick dinner on the list for the future (we ended up having it with deli baked beans - another big sale - and homemade coleslaw last week - and it brought back memories of summer:). I did stock up on the hot dogs when I saw them on a huge sale...now to make them last until I see another big sale:)...

I will say, even my husband commented that the hot dogs were just world's better than the other brands (Ball Park, Oscar Meyer, etc), even those brand's high end all beef ones...so we now have another quick dinner on the list for the future (we ended up having it with deli baked beans - another big sale - and homemade coleslaw last week - and it brought back memories of summer:). I did stock up on the hot dogs when I saw them on a huge sale...now to make them last until I see another big sale:)...

Okay.. what amazing brands have you all found? I can't have nitrates either (one of the main ingredients that makes my medical condition flare up) and I have been CRAVING a good hot dog with peppers and onions (I also can't have ketchup or mustard *sigh*). With some pasta salad? Mmmmmmm

Okay.. what amazing brands have you all found? I can't have nitrates either (one of the main ingredients that makes my medical condition flare up) and I have been CRAVING a good hot dog with peppers and onions (I also can't have ketchup or mustard *sigh*). With some pasta salad? Mmmmmmm

Grillman's All Natural Black Angus Uncured Beef Franks (No Nitrates or Nitrites, Gluten and Soy Free)...the ingredient list is beef, water, sea salt, natural flavorings, vinegar, cherry powder, and sugar. And that's it. They were $7 retail price at my store, but I bought them when they were $3 and had 50 cent coupons attached (for $2/each) - it was and is a steal. They are awesome, and were new to my store last year...

We now can't go back to the old dogs b/c my family is now "brand conscious" on this product (ie - it's the only dog they now want), so when I see them $3.50 or below, I grab some. $2 and I grab 8 packs for my freezer:)...

Anybody try these?

290707.jpg

Applegate
Beef Hot Dog - Uncured Natural
12 oz
Price: $5.99

Unit Price: $0.50/oz

• SKU
    Description
    Fully cooked. No nitrates or nitrites added. No antibiotics or hormones. Vegetarian-fed diet. No gluten and casein ingredients. Sustainably raised beef.
  • Ingredients
    Beef**, Water. Contains less than 2% of the following: Sea Salt, Paprika, Dehydrated Onion, Spices, Nutmeg Oil, Celery Powder.

This week I am making slow cooker sesame chicken with jasmine rice and roasted green beans, Panera style potato soup, veggie lo mien, and chick pea curry with basmati rice and naan.

I am making applesauce and yogurt muffins and vanilla no bakes for snacks.

This week I am making slow cooker sesame chicken with jasmine rice and roasted green beans, Panera style potato soup, veggie lo mien, and chick pea curry with basmati rice and naan.

I am making applesauce and yogurt muffins and vanilla no bakes for snacks.

That sounds delicious!

Ok Gang here is my menu for the week..

Sunday - Steak, potatoes and zucchini on the grill because it was 45ish in Feb in Maine!
Monday - pork roast in the crockpot with gravy, rice pilaf for the guys and mashed CF for me, green beans for all
Tuesday - Cheeseburgers - cooked inside because it's snowing today (2/8 ) and predicted to be cold all week!
Wednesday - Chicken breast cooked with potatoes and carrots in Campbell's oven sauce
Thursday - Glazed ham steak with Mac & Cheese and Green beans
Friday - Digorno 3 meat pizza for the guys and homemade flat out pizza for me
Saturday - Lunch date for my brother in laws birthday
Sunday - L/O lasagna and a date with Daryl from the walking dead! Haaa Happy Valentines day to me..

Whew! What a morning. I've made FIVE loaves of banana bread (and I had enough bananas for two loaves more but I had no more loaf pans and I ran out of thawed butter!!) and a giant vat of chicken taco chili! I promised the kids cookies but I don't have the energy right now. Good thing there's still a bit of fudge left in the fridge from the weekend. I'll get to them tomorrow.

Anyway...

Mon: Pulled pork and Rice, some kind of frozen veg
Tues: pizza and fruit
Wed: pulled pork leftovers
Thurs: ham and grilled cheese sammies, broccoli cheddar soup
Fri: chicken fingers and homemade fries, veggies and dip
Sat: quesadillas and salad
Sun: pasta alfredo, garlic toast, whatever veg is plentiful and on hand

Soup of the week: Chicken Taco Chili

Treat of the week: Chocolate Chip cookies

Saturday: Chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, cranberries
Sunday: Boys Pizza, Girls Applebees before we went and saw Disney on Ice
Monday: Chili, Grilled cheese sandwiches
Tuesday: Sausage, Broccoli, Potato Casserole
Wednesday: Mexican Pizza, Fruit salad
Thursday: Sloppy Joes, French Fries, Mac and Cheese
Friday: Leftovers

Bigsis1970: thanks for the laugh about your V-Day plans!! Lol.

Menu Plan Week of 2/6
Sat - Chinese takeout
Sunday - Pizza, wings and veggie tray
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday- frittata
Wednesday - beef stroganoff/asparagus
Thursday - Mexican chicken soup
Friday - pulled pork wraps, coleslaw, corn

I love this thread and the idea of meal planning for our family, but every time I look at it I feel lazy and overwhelmed at the same time.

WOW this week flew by!

Monday: Homemade black bean burgers (no bun for me), Alexa sweet potato tots
Tuesday: Panko/parmesan chicken, broccoli
Wednesday: I have my workout class, easy night/leftovers
Thursday: Homemade Stromboli
Friday: No meat because of Lent. Making bowties with broccoli http://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/09/bowties-and-broccoli/
Saturday: Going to a friend's house for dinner. I'm bringing brownies with cookie dough frosting for dessert (frosting recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/236552/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-frosting/ )
Sunday: Crockpot chicken with tomato alfredo sauce ( http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-chicken-with-tomato-alfredo-sauce ) Bird's eye brand buffalo cauliflower

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter