Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Tiggerb,
your spelling of Stuttgart was perfect :worship:
We've been there a couple of years ago to visit the -then brandnew- Porsche Museum. It's about 150 miles from Frankfurt where we live, about 90 - 120 minutes on the Autobahn.

The partnership between our state was initiated by some German exchange students who went to Wisconsin shortly after WWII. According to my knowledge the started the partnership in the late 50ies. But I have to admit that this partnership isn't very well known over here either. More common are city partnerships - Frankfurt has 15 partner cities on four continents, but none in the US. The closest would be Toronto.

We brought German schnapps in tiny bottles to all our cruises to be devoured during the sail-away-party - last time we killed 100 mini-bottles in less than 30 minutes pirate:
Shall we keep that tradition up? :cool1:

Aahhh... so is the schnapps in Germany similar to the Polish Vodka in proof? Is there a flavor to it? We could dabble, but I am not capable of that sort of #'s. :scared1:

Woohoo! Added to the list and got the PM :banana:

Tiggerb, I live 30 minutes directly south of Minneapolis/St Paul. I added the exact city in my information on the IAGO group on yahoo. I love meeting Minnesotans before going on the ship. Maybe we can get a group together for a little pump-up party sometime, :woohoo: as if we needed any more excitement about the cruise!

I agree with Viking about the name, if the company is good, I'm down with anything! :)

We should definitely try to meet up sometime this summer! I am not sure how many other MNs are on our cruise though. I am about an hour N/NE of the metro... just across the border (did I already say that before? :rolleyes1)

Well its official..MYhusband Andy and I have booked the 10/5/13 cruise. We have previously sailed with Viking,Papa,etc on some of the past cruisetoberfest sailings. This will be our 11th disney cruise.

We would like to be added to the FE list and be part of any other going ons. We live in long island, ny and can't wait to meet up with our old(not agewise) friends and meet new friends.

Arlene

Aahhh... so is the schnapps in Germany similar to the Polish Vodka in proof? Is there a flavor to it? We could dabble, but I am not capable of that sort of #'s. :scared1:

It's weaker than that Polish paint remover. I usually bring apple, sour apple, peach and plum.

Well its official..MYhusband Andy and I have booked the 10/5/13 cruise. We have previously sailed with Viking,Papa,etc on some of the past cruisetoberfest sailings. This will be our 11th disney cruise.

We would like to be added to the FE list and be part of any other going ons. We live in long island, ny and can't wait to meet up with our old(not agewise) friends and meet new friends.

Arlene

Welcome to you! :banana: Looking forward to hearing from non-rookies on the info. Glad there are more of you joining us.

It's weaker than that Polish paint remover. I usually bring apple, sour apple, peach and plum.

Gotcha. I just remember my ex-step-dad's family having it (flavored @ home) w/ nothing but "POLISH IMPORTED VODKA 180 Proof" :scared1: and how often we had that stuff. Someone else use to make Polish pop too :goodvibes

WOW:scared1: so much happens on here while I sleep:surfweb:

Welcome aboard ARLO1 :welcome:
to our quickly growing group:jumping1:

ARLO1, you are officially on the list
Now, Watch for a special PM

pixiehallow
tiggerb
TamaraH
Calitexan mouse
Roxy217
Viking
actnkidz
wifey1220
MAJPLO
CorEeyore
ARLO1

I am still waiting a definite conformation from the following 3. They are still "I thinks"

Mercinursi
JeanC
Papa
_________

I'm in for the sour apple:banana:. DH had wanted me to reply with the following request "as long as it is not pepermint":eek: (bad experience :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:crazy2:) But, your post beat me to it.

Quick reminder to everyone who has signed up for the Yahoo Group already:hyper2:

Go to the Messages and click on the FE list one. There is a link in this message to an editable Google Doc. You can put all your info in.

And if you haven't joined yet :confused: It will be there when you do.

I'm in for the sour apple:banana:. DH had wanted me to reply with the following request "as long as it is not pepermint":eek: (bad experience :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:crazy2:) But, your post beat me to it.

DH and I both had similar experiences w/ it --- his on the ski slopes as a younger man, mine w/ hot chocolate and a drinking game in college. Things we do in the winter months! ;)

There's another couple of Cruisetoberfesters coming with us. We already started linking our reservations.
Did I mention that 'compulsive planning' is my second name? :rotfl2:

There's another couple of Cruisetoberfesters coming with us. We already started linking our reservations.
Did I mention that 'compulsive planning' is my second name? :rotfl2:

Well, you can let them know that as soon as they sign on, they will receive the same warm welcome as we extend to everyone.::yes::

We just got off the Fantasy on 5/26/12 and re-booked on this cruise. It will be my husband Jon and I (Joyce). We are leaving the kids at home this time. This will be our 5th cruise. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary! Glad to be joining everyone. No FE's for us this time. We live in Ohio.:cool1:

:welcome:

Welcome to our group of eager planners Jon and Joyce
:jumping1:

I am so excited to see our group grow.

Keep an eye on your PM's. :magnify:

I will be sending a special message out in just a bit.

Our family is getting ready for their next monthly 'Cruise Planning Party':cake:party:
The theme for that party is Decorate the Door

We were thinking of themes and came up with a cool one that we can all share in. :grouphug:

For part of the door, we are going to put magnets on a Texas Flag so that we can hang it on the door.
We can each share our 'small world' by bringing a piece of our state or country with us to display on the door.

So, What do y'all think:hyper2:

Hi y'all!
Sorry I have been off-line for awhile. So many life happenings got in the way.

We are definitely in for the FE. Any name is good for me, I'm just excited to be going! I have talked about it so much that the family is a little tired of hearing it. :lmao: My older two really don't want to hear anymore since they aren't going to be able to come. Don't feel they can miss a week of college classes.

Viking~Love Janet Evanovich! We are actually watching "One For The Money" right now. I have read all of her books!

My MN friends, I grew up around Sioux City, Ia. Feel like we are neighbors!

The peppermint and hot chocolate at high school football games, fond memories indeed!

Promise to be more active on the board, and talk to everyone soon!

Debbie

Mercinurse,
are you an RN? I'm asking because my DW is also a nurse.
We also are looking forward to watch 'One for the money' on BluRay. We usually don't go to the movie theatres, we prefer to buy the BluRays. And as the movies nowadays are available on disc within three months we prefer to wait. We got one of those 21:9 cinema 3D flatscreens and a home theatre system with seven speakers - and thus don't have to cope with people talking on cellphones, slurping drinks noisily, etc ;)

Tink,
that's a good idea - and it comes at the perfect time: In a week the Euro 2012 will start. That's the European Soccer Championship. So all the stores over here are flooded with everything the fan needs to show our national colours of black, red and gold. I'm not a soccer fan and so I haven't bought anything yet, but I guess I will now pick up some stuff to adorn our door.

Viking~Yes I am a nurse. I graduated from a Sisters of Mercy Nursing school more years ago than I want to admit. What type of nursing does your DW do? I am in Public Health and am the Director of Nursing for 13 counties. Between my job and my family, life is never slow.
I agree with you about movie prices, they are OUTRAGEOUS! When you add my kids in, we can only afford to go to the dollar theater if we were to go to the movies, then you add the price of the snacks, it is worth it to wait the extra couple of weeks for it to be out on DVD. Don't have a 3D screen yet, but I'm sure it won't be much longer with my geeky husband. :3dglasses. We already are streaming most of the shows we watch, that will just be the next logical step. ;). :rotfl:
How do you get so many people to join the cruise? I have been trying to get family and friends join us and am not getting anywhere.

Pixiehollow~Love the door idea. I had already planned on decorating our door. I just don't know how creative I am so it's good I have this long to plan. :banana:

Right now, I don't know if we are going to be doing any shore excursions. Since we will have triplet 6 yr olds, I really am not sure if the excursions that are offered are a good idea. Am thinking the most bang for our money would be to get one of the family cabanas on CC. :cool1: Anyone else thinking about getting one of these?

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter