Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Welcome! I was going to say only a few of us crazy are up @ 1:30 AM, but then I saw you are from CA so it isn't as late as it is for me! I am beyond sleep deprivition right now.

Think about if you want to do FE gift exchange... pixiehallow is setting up invites so that our info still stays private in order to view things. She'll probably PM you in the next few days... so make sure to check your disboard for PMs.

Hi there.
We'll also be joining this cruise. It will be our sixth DCL cruise, the first five were on the Magic. We'll celebrate our 20th anniversary and my 50th birthday.
Our second cruise (Eastern Carribbean) in 2001 started on 9/22/01 and was named Cruisetoberfest because that was the day Oktoberfest in Munich opened its gates. It was then followed by Cruisetoberfests II, III and IV in 2003 (Western), 2004 (Antigua) and 2006 (CC Double Dip).
We were up to 200 DISers on those cruises, three families already confirmed that they'll be booking soon and I'm in the process of digging up the addresses of all and so I hope we'll be joined by several more families from our former cruises.
Here's a list of things we did before, during and after our cruises:
-We maintained a list of all people. First names only and aliases.
-We created a mail-account on Yahoo for its distribution and as a point of access for everyone.
-On later cruises we also had a Kids List to give the kids an opportunity to hook up with their new friends even before the crusie
-The list was sent to everyone whenever someone new signed up to keep everyone up do date
-We had meets at WDW or other locations before and after the cruises
-The group booked shore excursions together without going through DCL as this gave us better prices and exclusive use: i.e. a couple of dives on St. Thomas, a boat trip on Antigua, a snorkel trip on Grand Cayman, dive trips in Cozumel, a Scavenger Hunt on Key West, etc.
-A group photo on the ship by the official DCL photographer
-We had t-shirts, hats, bags, etc printed
-For the sail away party everyone brought typical gifts from his/her state or country, i.e. Buckeyes from Ohio, schnaps from Germany or other small inexpensive things
-Some of us coordinated their seating and so we already knew our tablemates - at least virtually ;)
-We negotiated group rebates with hotels at MCO or in Port Canaveral for the night before the cruise and partied there.
-We also shared transportation to/from the port

We're looking forward to meet Y'all on the ship :yay:

First let me say welcome :welcome: to Viking and actnkidz. We are glad to have you onboard.:boat:

Viking - I have had many of the ideas you mentioned, and look forward to talking with you about them.

actnkidz - I added your vote to the finally tally.

I will post the current FE list momentarily.:rolleyes1

Okay....Here is the most current FE information that I have:jumping1:

pixiehallow
tiggerb
TamaraH
Calitexan mouse
Roxy217
Viking
actnkidz

The following 3 are still "I thinks" :scratchin- they said something when they first joined the discussion, but I still have not heard back from them.

Mercinursi
MAJPLO
wifey1220

So, did I miss anyone?

Me again:rolleyes2
This should be my last post for right now.:laughing:

I just wanted to let everyone know the poles are closed.
I am sorry I kind of disappeared for a while. I was on mandatory down time (that and they did not let me use my computer in the hospital). But I am back now.
I added in actnkidz vote, and I have to say the final vote is too close to call. IAGO had 8 and Genie's Magic Carpet Tours had 7.

So, the pictures tiggerb has mentioned a few times will have the final word:artist:

Watch your PM's:surfweb:

Thanks for the warm welcome :wave2:

I'm looking forward to talk to Y'all. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Hi everyone! My husband and I will be sailing with you on October 5. This will be our 11th DCL cruise. We just can't get enough of them. We are doing the Dream for the first time this June and then the Fantasy in November of this year. We are part of the Cruistoberfest group that Eric mentioned earlier in his post. We look forward to meeting you in only 18 months if I have figured the dates correctly.

Jean

:welcome:
Welcome JeanC
We are so happy you joined.
Our little group just keeps growing.

The polls for the name choice just closed, but we had, a close enough to call a tie, finish. So, you may still be able to help. Watch your PM for more info.:surfweb:

We'd also like to participate in the FE (Thanks for the explanation, Tink).

Thank you Wifey1220 for the update. :thumbsup2
In honor of Wifey's latest visit, here is your up to date FE List

pixiehallow
tiggerb
TamaraH
Calitexan mouse
Roxy217
Viking
actnkidz
wifey1220

I am still waiting a definite conformation from the following 2. :listen: They are still "I thinks"

Mercinursi
MAJPLO

So, did I miss anyone?

I just authorized Dreams to charge the deposit to my credit card :banana:
We'll be in 10664: Oversized verandah with two lounges, two chairs and a table, located aft on deck 10. According to the reviews this stateroom grants a great view of Castaway Cay and of Atlantis.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's,:laundy: and Acting Mom's on the Board.:flower3:

We all Love you very much, and Thank you for sharing your Magic with us:goodvibes

:cheer2::thanks:

We'll be in 10664: Oversized verandah with two lounges, two chairs and a table, located aft on deck 10. According to the reviews this stateroom grants a great view of Castaway Cay and of Atlantis.

So happy for you!! :cool1:
Was wondering what cabin to request - thinking of aft deck 10 - have to look on the chart. Maybe we'll be neighbors! :banana:

Hopefully it will not be granting a view of Atlantis on this particular cruise! ;)

Roxy,
we'd love to have you as neighbours - we both are avid readers of the Stephanie Plum-novels by Janet Evanovich, so living next to someone from Jersey sounds like fun ;)

Pluto,
my DW and I don't like Nassau either. We'd be glad to have a spectacular view of a different island :thumbsup2

Yesterday, I was in need some lotion for my dry skin (which in Texas humidity is not a problem I face to often), and my regular daily lotion was not doing the job. :sad:

So, I took a look in my bathroom cabinet and found a bottle of H20 Body Butter from our last cruise.:banana:
Not only did it take care of my dry skin :cloud9:
But gave me flash backs to the cruise:boat:

One deep breath, and 17 months did not seem so far off.

I already loaded a picture of the Disney Dream as background on my office computer. I'd rather have a good one of the Fantasy, but so far couldn't find any.
Even though we just got back from two weeks on Fuerteventura (one of the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa) we have a couple of other vacations to plan presently: In the third week of June we'll be touring Bavaria in our convertible and in September we'll fly for two weeks to Treasure Island, Florida and then there's a week in December we haven't any plans for yet, but we're considering to go to Munich to visit the Xmas-market.

Nevertheless we also started making plans for the cruise. Presently we're considering flying to Tampa one week before the cruise to enjoy the beach on Treasure Island again. After the cruise we'd then head up to Panama City Beach to visit friends of ours and to celebrate DW'S birthday on 10/14.

During the cruise we'd like to do some scuba-diving at Coki Beach on St Thomas, on CC we intend to spend the day at Serenity Bay, hopefully in a hammock :beach: Then we're hoping that the Fantasy will also stop at St Marteen, because we'd like to see that crazy beach right in front of the airport's runway where you can have a B747 flying right over your head :thumbsup2

Thanx for your mail, Tink :thumbsup2

Now I got some cool pix - including one showing 'our' verandah ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter