Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Mercinursi

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! We are taking our first DCL cruise on the Fantasy! My group includes DH, DS 6, DD 6, and DD6, (yes,triplets). This will be the first cruise for the triplets. I am so excited!:cool1::goodvibes I have been lurking on the boards and have found so many good ideas. I hope I'm joined by many, and would love to see about doing FE's. Anyone else?

Debbie

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Yay - we'll be on the same one! It will be our first cruise ever and is for a VERY special celebration. It will be in celebration of my daughter's 5 year cancer free anniversary!! It will be me, hubby, and 2 daughters (at the time of travel it they will be 8 and 5). Sooooo, looking forward to it.

Hi everyone! My family and I will be sailing on this cruise as well. This will be our first Disney cruise. It will be me, DH, and our two boys (ages 8 and 5 at the time of sailing). My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. :lovestruc I was unsure if we would be able keep this date due to the kids school’s testing schedule. :confused3 The school does testing for 2nd graders the week of the cruise but last week I spoke with the principal and she showed me that there is a makeup week for this test in December. So we get to keep our original date, yippie!!! :yay: I am definitely interested in doing FE’s. I just spent the last two days reading all about FEs. I am so excited!

Hey guys, we will be on this too and it's our second Disney cruise. We were on the Wonder one year ago this week, in the Mexican Riviera. We loved it so much that we re-booked onboard for this cruise! It will be me, DW, DS who will be 7 and DD who will be turning 5 on the cruise. Not only that but DW's birthday will also be during the cruise and we sail 4 days after our 9th wedding anniversary. October is a very busy month for us! We didn't do the FE's last time so we definitely want to do it this time.

Yea! I am so glad to see there are others going on this trip with us. :goodvibes I was beginning to think we were the only ones going on this cruise! :lmao:
TamaraH, I am so honored to know we will be sailing with you on such a special occasion.
I am also pleased to see so many kids around the same age as my three. I knew there would be most likely, but you still wonder. :confused3

calitexan mouse, I have been reading about them too and can't wait to get started on this. Not so crafty but really willing to try. :lovestruc

Debbie

Okay, I have been lurking and did not want to be the first post for the cruise, and, started worrying about it being a "dud" date... Glad to see all who are joining.

We were on for a cruise this June and have had to switch dates. What I have seen, but am not tech savvy is a Roll Call post (usually the first post of a thread) and also the Fish Extender List. We would love to do the Fish Extender if anyone else is interested...

It will be our 1st cruise, me, DH, DSs of almost 14 and 10.25 yrs old. We will celebrate DS's near birthday, our belated Anniversary of 18 yrs, and some sort of celebration for other DS (We always find something to celebrate for each of us when we Disney vacation ;))

Do we have a cleaver name or title for the group? Any Ideas?....

Yeah:banana: I am so happy to see others are planning already also. My family (husband, 2 sons - 17 and 13- and my self) are so excited, that we are having monthly cruise parties to get ready:woohoo:
This will be our 5th Disney cruise - twice on the Wonder, and once on the Dream prior to this. And I am embarrassed to say, I do not know what an FE list is. Could some one bring me up to speed:confused3
We will be celebrating also. My Hubby will be turning 40 the week before, and my oldest will have just graduated and be heading off to college in Orlando when we get back from the cruise.

Okay, I have been lurking and did not want to be the first post for the cruise, and, started worrying about it being a "dud" date... Glad to see all who are joining.

We were on for a cruise this June and have had to switch dates. What I have seen, but am not tech savvy is a Roll Call post (usually the first post of a thread) and also the Fish Extender List. We would love to do the Fish Extender if anyone else is interested...

It will be our 1st cruise, me, DH, DSs of almost 14 and 10.25 yrs old. We will celebrate DS's near birthday, our belated Anniversary of 18 yrs, and some sort of celebration for other DS (We always find something to celebrate for each of us when we Disney vacation ;))

Do we have a cleaver name or title for the group? Any Ideas?....
Well, we all are celebrating, so, what do you think about focusing on that.

Here is a long list of synonyms for celebrate:beat the drum, bless, ceremonialize, commend, dedicate, drink to, exalt, extol, feast, fete, glorify, hallow, have a ball, honor, jubilate, kick up one's heels, laud, let loose, lionize, live it up, make merry, make whoopee, mark with a red letter, memorialize, observe, paint the town red, party*, perform, praise, rejoice, revel, revere
The red words sounded Disney to me.
Does this get any creative juices flowing?
Other idea is to find out a little more about everyone and see what we all have in common.

Hello everyone! We are taking our first DCL cruise on the Fantasy! My group includes DH, DS 6, DD 6, and DD6, (yes,triplets). This will be the first cruise for the triplets. I am so excited!:cool1::goodvibes I have been lurking on the boards and have found so many good ideas. I hope I'm joined by many, and would love to see about doing FE's. Anyone else?

Debbie

Okay, I have done my research. I am definitely in on the FE.:banana:
It sounds great:woohoo:

Pixiehallow, thanks for the ideas! Starting to get thinking juices flowing, now that I have finished Parent-Teacher conferences and such! Maybe there is a way to incorporate from the list with the Fall season or connected to a phrase from the Alladdin Show?

Is anyone good at organizing a FE list on computer? It usually includes Dis name, real names if wanting to share, gender and ages,deck level, room, what dining rotation (main or late), and show time. I only know this because I am going of the only one I have really seen--- the cruise I was suppose to take this summer. Not sure of others, but they had a seperate page/link where not the entire world knows all about your cruise specifics.

Sorry, I talk much and random too! :goodvibes

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jennifer and my family and I are super excited to be planning our 2nd disney cruise. Sept 2011 we sailed for 4 nights on the dream to the bahamas. The whole family fell in love with cruising. I am so excited we booked opening day and feel we got a good price. Our family is me, dh (both 33 at sailing) and 3ds (12,9 and4 at sailing). For this cruise we have a family suite w porthole. Saved some money this time and didnt get the balocony. Dh was a little bummed but the savings will make it ok. LOL.. We love disney and have visited disney world every yr since 2005. We live in pittsburgh pa and drive to florida. The road trip is really nice. I thought I would hate it but dont. We did the fe on last years cruise. It made the cruise extra special. The boys loved making the gifts. and coming back to the cabin for little surprises. Dh even enjoyed passing them out and would get excited to see what we got. Usually he thinks that kinda of stuff is stupid. Let me tell you anyone who hasnt cruised before you will love it. Be ready to book your next cruise while onboard. You get a discount:cool1:
Cant wait to meet you all. Now I must go pick out some restuarants for our disney vacation october 2012 almost time to make those adr.

Hello Everyone,
3ds (12,9 and4 at sailing). For this cruise we have a family suite w porthole. We live in pittsburgh pa and drive to florida. The road trip is really nice. I thought I would hate it but dont. :cool1:
Cant wait to meet you all. Now I must go pick out some restuarants for our disney vacation october 2012 almost time to make those adr.

My boys are 17 and 13 (at time of sailing), and they love the crafty things we do to get ready for the cruise as well. The also enjoy getting dressed up at dinner on the cruise, and at the parks when we go to the parks.

SIDE NOTE: Is any one else going to the parks after the cruise.

We got the elusive 8A for this trip with the 2 large portholes (has anyone gotten an info on these?)
As for the drive in, I wanted to share with you that we drive in every time from Texas. What makes our trip every time (yearly since '97 - sometimes twice) is hundred mile gifts. They are nothing big and start really small, like pirate coins that we use for a game the rest of the trip in which we can't say any word that relates to the trip, and escalate up to something special for the boys (like a birthday hat for whom ever is celebrating). But basically every hundred miles, I pull out a new surprise gift. I can send pictures of one trip if you are interested.
Look forward to meeting you too. My youngest is happy to know someone his age is in our group.

Pixiehallow, thanks for the ideas! Starting to get thinking juices flowing, now that I have finished Parent-Teacher conferences and such! Maybe there is a way to incorporate from the list with the Fall season or connected to a phrase from the Alladdin Show?

Is anyone good at organizing a FE list on computer? It usually includes Dis name, real names if wanting to share, gender and ages,deck level, room, what dining rotation (main or late), and show time. I only know this because I am going of the only one I have really seen--- the cruise I was suppose to take this summer. Not sure of others, but they had a seperate page/link where not the entire world knows all about your cruise specifics.

Sorry, I talk much and random too! :goodvibes

First let me start by saying, I am pretty good with google docs, and might be able to make a list and set it to share or maybe open a group that we can join.

On the other subject, after getting you post, the boys and I got to brainstorming. Here are a few ideas we came up:

Open Sesame Celebrations
Diamond in the Rough Delight
Agrabah Fantasy Flight
Over the Top Abu
Raja's Purr-fect Trip
(get it he Purr's)
8 (let me explain this 10/5/13 for 7 days - add all the numbers and you get 8)
FLM (can stand for Friends Like Me or Fantasy League Mickey's)
Jasmine's Jamboree
Genies Magic Carpet Tours
Fall Fantasy Friends
or Fall Fantasy Fish Friends
Let's Open With a Joke
LAFF
(stands for Let Loose Autumn Fantasy Friends)
FFISH (stands for Fantasy Friends Iago Saw Having a ball)
ABU (stands for Autumn Bonvoyage U??????)
RAJA (stands for Run and Jump Aboard)
then finally, I suggested, but the boys did not like
IAGO (I'm Already Going Overboard)

So, What do you think:confused:

Any other ideas?????

By the way, I do have the abilities (talents ) to draw up and upload any of these, or any other name we may come up with. For example, on Agrabah's Fantasy Flight, I could draw the magic carpet with the elephant Abu on it.

First let me start by saying, I am pretty good with google docs, and might be able to make a list and set it to share or maybe open a group that we can join.

On the other subject, after getting you post, the boys and I got to brainstorming. Here are a few ideas we came up:

Open Sesame Celebrations
Diamond in the Rough Delight
Agrabah Fantasy Flight
Over the Top Abu
Raja's Purr-fect Trip
(get it he Purr's)
8 (let me explain this 10/5/13 for 7 days - add all the numbers and you get 8)
FLM (can stand for Friends Like Me or Fantasy League Mickey's)
Jasmine's Jamboree
Genies Magic Carpet Tours
Fall Fantasy Friends
or Fall Fantasy Fish Friends
Let's Open With a Joke
LAFF
(stands for Let Loose Autumn Fantasy Friends)
FFISH (stands for Fantasy Friends Iago Saw Having a ball)
ABU (stands for Autumn Bonvoyage U??????)
RAJA (stands for Run and Jump Aboard)
then finally, I suggested, but the boys did not like
IAGO (I'm Already Going Overboard)

So, What do you think:confused:

Any other ideas?????

By the way, I do have the abilities (talents ) to draw up and upload any of these, or any other name we may come up with. For example, on Agrabah's Fantasy Flight, I could draw the magic carpet with the elephant Abu on it.

THOSE ARE AWESOME!!! Wow, you came up w/ some classics/originals too! :cool1: Abu is the monkey. That one I know for sure... Alladdin was DH & my first date, later in the year I had a severe accident and my ABU stayed with me in the hospital for 6 weeks. :)

My personal favs are : Genie's Magic Carpet Tours, Agrahbah Fantasy Flight (or it could be the Fantasy Flight of Agrabah :confused3), Diamonds in the Rough Delights, and, I like the IAGO one too! :thumbsup2 since we are all going overboard on prepping, planning and packing! (kind of like MGM in our house always stood for Mickey's Gotcha Money).

So, how do we decide? My oldest DS will be just 1 month shy of 14 on the trip. :)

DH likes the Genie's Magic Carpet Tours and IAGO too.

Anyone else have a preference or thought?

Abu is the monkey. That one I know for sure... :)

My Bad:laughing:
I should have explained that better.... What I meant was when Abu was turned into the Elephant. Where this came about was we were talking about the magic carpet and using Dumbo (since he is on the back of the boat) and one of my boys said "Why dumbo, when Abu has a time when he is an elephant"

Sorry for any confusion.

By the By, Tiggerb, when we meet, I will have to tell you about my Aladdin story also popcorn::

My personal favs are : Genie's Magic Carpet Tours, Agrahbah Fantasy Flight (or it could be the Fantasy Flight of Agrabah :confused3), Diamonds in the Rough Delights, and, I like the IAGO one too! :thumbsup2 since we are all going overboard on prepping, planning and packing! (kind of like MGM in our house always stood for Mickey's Gotcha Money).

So, how do we decide?

So, Here is my thought:idea:
We both have favorites so far, so we can list those with their votes (updating a list as needed ) and give it a week to two to see if anyone else wants to cast a vote. If they do, we choose the one with the highest vote count. If not than we can go to a old style statistics drawing of tiles selection. Sound Good:confused:

Here Goes:
Below is a list of the preferred names for this group (there is a complete list earlier in the post. If you see something else there that strikes your Disney bone, just pipe up, and we can add it to the voting tally)
Just add a post with your votes. You can vote for more than one, and each family member can have a vote. (I have placed the current votes in)

1. Diamond in the Rough Delight = 2 votes
2. Agrabah's Fantasy Flight (or Fantasy Flights of Agrabah) = 2 votes
3. Raja's Purr-fect Trip = 2 votes
(side note on this, we choose this because we have an African
wild cat that looks and acts like Raja)
4. Genie's Magic Carpet Tours = 4 votes
5. Fall Fantasy Fish Friends = 1 vote
6. Let's open with a Joke = 1 vote
7. LAFF (stands for Let Loose Autumn Fantasy Friends) = 1 vote
8. IAGO (stands for - I'm Already Going Overboard) = 4 votes

:grouphug: The Poles are now open for voting:rotfl2:

I think it sounds great! Now I remember Abu turning into an elephant... makes more sense w/ Dumbo and all. I still am sticking to my originals though!

So, How about we even give it until the end of April (though the time of waiting will kill me :rotfl:) That way if more check in and such... Then after a name has been chosen, we will rename or transfer over these posts to a new thread w/ the "name" of our group. Let's all have fun with this.

(Hoping others aren't seeing this as taking control of everything :rolleyes1. It's not meant to be that way, just having fun)
So, was it all adults so far w/ the Genie and IAGO votes ... I will have to ask my boys their thoughts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter