Early October Dining booking issues?

The Gay Days convention has blocks of rooms at all 3 on site hotels at reduced rates. The rooms can be booked if you are participating in the convention events.

What do you think the chances are they will let DD11 order from childs menu at BB- with the exchange (we are from Canada) the cost is very large for her, given how much she will probably eat- is there a little leniency on kids age for kids meals?
Are you doing the BB F! dining package or just a regular reservation?

If you're doing the BB F! dining package, then you'll be charged the adult price for your daughter regardless of what is ordered. Package pricing is based on age, so at 11 she would be considered a "Disney Adult" and charged accordingly. When ordering off the menu, the BB seems to be one of those hit-or-miss places. The most common answer I've seen is that they will allow adults to order off the children's menu, but a price comparable to an adult entree (e.g., double the price of the kid's meal). Ultimately, I think it's one of those things that you won't know until you're actually seated and speaking with your server.

I also got a call about Tuesday 10/6 cancelled. However, I already had reservations for Thursday 10/8 and he said Thursday was ok. I just pulled up to book and 10/8 is still showing as a date for packages. I hope they don't cancel 10/8 :)

I also booked 10/8 BB F!...I hope they do not cancel as well.

The DL website still shows it on the schedule, so fingers crossed.

Are you doing the BB F! dining package or just a regular reservation?

If you're doing the BB F! dining package, then you'll be charged the adult price for your daughter regardless of what is ordered. Package pricing is based on age, so at 11 she would be considered a "Disney Adult" and charged accordingly. When ordering off the menu, the BB seems to be one of those hit-or-miss places. The most common answer I've seen is that they will allow adults to order off the children's menu, but a price comparable to an adult entree (e.g., double the price of the kid's meal). Ultimately, I think it's one of those things that you won't know until you're actually seated and speaking with your server.

If you book the reservation and put down child and that child orders from the kids' menu, then the child will be charged the child's price. I have done this many times in BB and Carthay.

DnA2010 said:
What do you think the chances are they will let DD11 order from childs menu at BB- with the exchange (we are from Canada) the cost is very large for her, given how much she will probably eat- is there a little leniency on kids age for kids meals?
If you book the reservation and put down child and that child orders from the kids' menu, then the child will be charged the child's price. I have done this many times in BB and Carthay.
This subject comes up over and over.
soapbox.gif

Many of us have had this exact situation as the kids and grandkids grow up.
While I understand what people are saying about the difference from age 9 to age 10, there has to be a transition.
It's the same for age 2 to age 3 and needing a ticket.

It boils down to the honor system and doing what's right.

Geemo

Last edited:

To those of you had problems making early breakfast reservations, I was able to do this today by calling Disney Dining.
I had to call for another reason, and while I had the CM on the phone, I asked why the Plaza Inn was not allowing EMH breakfast reservations. So then he tried, and got me a 7:10 reservation on a Tuesday. If I didn't have a foot injury, I would be bouncing down the hall!! YIPPEE!!!

Thank you
To those of you had problems making early breakfast reservations, I was able to do this today by calling Disney Dining.
I had to call for another reason, and while I had the CM on the phone, I asked why the Plaza Inn was not allowing EMH breakfast reservations. So then he tried, and got me a 7:10 reservation on a Tuesday. If I didn't have a foot injury, I would be bouncing down the hall!! YIPPEE!!!

Thank you So much for this tip, I was able to Change one of my Resi for a earlier time ..:yay::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo:

I was just on the Disney site doing my daily/everyother day checking for my EMH Minnie and Friends and I found 7:10's for all the days I could go, and I was going to post on this thread to let you know. But you beat me to it! Haha! I'm glad you got the day you wanted!

Hello all! Hoping you could help me out.

I'm looking to book dining packages for mid-November. 60 days has come and gone and I'm assuming Nov is following the same trend as October. If it does indeed follow October, when should I expect the dining packages to appear? I read one post stating all of November would open up at the beginning of October.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter