• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early October Dining booking issues?

ten6mom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried in the last couple of days to make dining reservations (online) for October 1? I made one 2 days ago for September 30, but now October is still "grayed out"/showing unavailable. Anyone had any success with this? Any speculation on why?

I have been attempting ADRs for 10/1 (since yesterday morning) and now 10/2 with no success at WOC package, Plaza-Minnie Breakfast, or PCH Surf's Up. I called Disneyland Dining this morning when they opened their lines, and the CM told me the powers that be did not "turn on" October available ressies yet at many locations, and she didn't expect them to load them until tonight after the phonelines close. She did suggest calling back this afternoon to check, but didn't believe they'd be loaded until nighttime. They are well-aware of the problem apparently, since yesterday morning when others started calling.

Unfortunately, this is not necessarily an uncommon issue with the Disneyland system. For some reason, they often do have problems at the start of new months. The system will hang up for a few days and then eventually, all the "missing" days will load. So, as the PP said, give it a few days and the system should be sorted out and the October reservations will become available.

Goodness. Now October 1 and 2 are open but it says there are no reservations available for ANY of the party sizes I have tried. I shall try again in the morning. It seems so odd to me that Disneyland frequently can't seem to get their website to be as good as it could be!

I was able to get my ADRs online this morning for a party of 6 on 10/1 (Plaza Inn, WOC-Wine Country), and 10/2 (PCH Breakfast), but it looks like they haven't made reservations for 10/3 Fantasmic packages available yet.

Does anyone know whether Anna/Elsa boutique still books at 60 days out? When we were at DL in February, Anna/Elsa opened at 10 am, but now it looks like they open at 9 am? TIA!

I've been having the same problem for Oct 1st! Thank you for the clarification above. I did make a ressie for House of Blues on the day we arrive, but I realize that is a downtown Disney restaurant and not in the parks. I will try again tonight for the others (Wine Country, Carthay Circle, Plaza Inn) that I want to make for Oct 2 & 3. Just gotta wait it out ;-)

For places like House of Blues, you can also try making a reservation through Open Table. I know that it has a shorter window (I think they only take reservations one-month in advance), but the upside is that there is no $10 per person no show penalty and they will often show more availability than what the Disney site shows.

Got Plaza Inn reservations for 0910. I wonder if that means DL opens later that day, or if I just missed all the earlier times??? We prefer to eat there first thing in the morning.

When i was making my ressie for 9.29, I kept having technical difficulties and it was telling me that there were NO tables available. It also told me that I had a ressie and would be getting a confirmation email, but i never got the email. Should I call someone and verify my ressie???

Got Plaza Inn reservations for 0910. I wonder if that means DL opens later that day, or if I just missed all the earlier times??? We prefer to eat there first thing in the morning.

Actually, for a Thursday in Oct, the park will probably open at 10:00, thus the 9:10 Plaza reservation. On days that DL has MMs, the Plaza takes reservations, 50 mins before general opening. It's a great way to get a jump start on the morning. :cool1:

When i was making my ressie for 9.29, I kept having technical difficulties and it was telling me that there were NO tables available. It also told me that I had a ressie and would be getting a confirmation email, but i never got the email. Should I call someone and verify my ressie???

I would make sure I had my confirmation number somehow. Either by calling, or logging in and checking for reservations.

Actually, for a Thursday in Oct, the park will probably open at 10:00, thus the 9:10 Plaza reservation. On days that DL has MMs, the Plaza takes reservations, 50 mins before general opening. It's a great way to get a jump start on the morning. :cool1:
So, where's is one of the best places to have breakfast at, in order to do RD at 10:00 am at DLR?? I dont want/need a character breakfast. Sorry to barge, but I just thought that might be kind of nice to do and already be in the park and rearing to go for RD!

So, where's is one of the best places to have breakfast at, in order to do RD at 10:00 am at DLR?? I dont want/need a character breakfast. Sorry to barge, but I just thought that might be kind of nice to do and already be in the park and rearing to go for RD!

At DTD, I recommend the Le Brea Bakery or its Express. Not as heavy as the breakfast options from the restaurants.

The Plaza is the only place inside the park to have a breakfast 50 mins before rope drop. It is really fun to do first thing in the morning. We are at the turnstyles by at least 10 mins before the park opens for MM and go right to the Plaza when they let everyone in. We eat fairly quickly I guess, but it is not crowded at all first thing, and we are able to meet all the characters, most more than once, take pics with them, and make more than 1 trip to the buffet. I love it there. We are all adults also. It's fun for all!

But if you don't want to eat in the park, most of the Downtown Disney restaurants serve breakfast, or there is a Denny's or Ihop on Harbor.

I think you should try the Plaza! It's fun!

The Plaza is the only place inside the park to have a breakfast 50 mins before rope drop. It is really fun to do first thing in the morning. We are at the turnstyles by at least 10 mins before the park opens for MM and go right to the Plaza when they let everyone in. We eat fairly quickly I guess, but it is not crowded at all first thing, and we are able to meet all the characters, most more than once, take pics with them, and make more than 1 trip to the buffet. I love it there. We are all adults also. It's fun for all!

But if you don't want to eat in the park, most of the Downtown Disney restaurants serve breakfast, or there is a Denny's or Ihop on Harbor.

I think you should try the Plaza! It's fun!

Thanks for the information! Do they have healthy breakfast options too? DH is a bit of a health nut and will ask. And there are characters there for breakfast? I am guessing that this is a $20+ per head breakfast place then, right? I have never eaten there in all of my visits to DLR, so I am clueless...
An 8:40 ressie would most definitely ensure us being right there for RD, then, correct?

Thanks for the information! Do they have healthy breakfast options too? DH is a bit of a health nut and will ask. And there are characters there for breakfast? I am guessing that this is a $20+ per head breakfast place then, right? I have never eaten there in all of my visits to DLR, so I am clueless...
An 8:40 ressie would most definitely ensure us being right there for RD, then, correct?

Yes, there are some healthy options. Fruit, scrambled eggs, omlettes to order. Most of your basic breakfast items. There are several characters, usually between 8 and 12. The most of any character meal. yes, it is more than 20, don't remember the exact price, but allears.net should show you the food and the price. If the park is opening at 10, and it is a mm day, (Tues, Thurs or Sat) the first seating will be at 9:10. We are always done and ready to go before the park opens. And you will already be in the park. But it depends on how fast you finish breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter