• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Can I officially join you guys??? We booked this evening!!! Thank you for the great feedback on my earlier questions! It was such a whirlwind. I got the email at 1:30 saying there was availability, I called at 2:30 for pricing, proposed my idea to hubby at 5:30, and was booked by 8:00! Never worked on a vacation that fast in our lives!!!! Crazy but fun!

So now I need to play catch up. Is there any openings for FE? Which night is pirate night? Do you have a FB group? Anything else I'm not thinking of?

So excited to be joining everyone here!

:welcome:

I am sure someone will connect you to a FE group, there's plenty on time left.

I have a Candy exchange organized, we use FE to give out local or regional candy or snacks. We also include some history about the company. I keep the groups between 6-11 cabins. There's plenty of time to sign up for that as well!

On last year's MC, the Pirate night was the second night, I do not know if that will be the case this year.

Bobbi:boat:

Thank you for the warm welcome bobbiwoz! The candy exchange sounds great! Count us in!

We told the kids this morning and they went nuts with excitement! My 8 year old immediately asked to get on the computer to start researching the Dream. (He's been on the Magic & Fantasy) The apple doesn't fall far from the tree with that boy! ;)

I would LOVE to be in a FE in anyone could point me in the right direction.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sailing with you!

Thank you for the warm welcome bobbiwoz! The candy exchange sounds great! Count us in!

We told the kids this morning and they went nuts with excitement! My 8 year old immediately asked to get on the computer to start researching the Dream. (He's been on the Magic & Fantasy) The apple doesn't fall far from the tree with that boy! ;)

We just booked a few weeks ago. When we sailed on the Dream with our grandkids it was so much fun - your son will enjoy his research ! This is our first member's cruise and we are so excited !

:cheer2:Guess who is going to Norway? That is right! I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a secret Verandah room no less!!!!! Yeah :banana:I am so excited!!!! I picked the May Cruise out of Dover - it was a little cheaper than the June Cruise. I was so shocked my TA could get me a secret room! I had one for my Alaska cruise. Now I have to shop for some insurance - I so hate doing that! Just home from the dentist - have to get another root canal! #8. Stupid Teeth. Could be worse I guess.
Hope everyone is having a Great Day!

WELCOME to our New Cruiser!!!

Lynn

Wow, Norway! I'm still a few years off from being able to do that one, but the pictures are gorgeous! I'll have to just read others posts on theirs until I get to go.

Hi Lynn!

Yes, we have taken a cruise to Norway, and it was fantastic. Tom & I had always been impressed by the film of Norway at EPCOT. We took a cruise, RCCL, from England, stops at Amsterdam, France, and 3 stops in Norway. I think the fjords there were so beautiful! You'll have a great time, whichever you book!

I really want to go to the WWII beaches in Normandy, and that's where we'll head after the EBTA lands in Dover.

Tomorrow is moving day! Our goal is to leave here at 7:30. Cape May here we come!

Bobbi
How did the move go?

How did the move go?

We travelled yesterday! Tom drove a UHaul, I drove his car, 640 miles! Today we will be unpacking, trying to find a place for everything we brought!

Tom will fly back to Ohio next week after I meet with the doctors who will be performing my knee replacements. He will get our Ohio house ready to be put on the market. Hopefully it will sell within the next 2-4 months and we can then look for and buy a house in FL. We have DVC accommodations at VB and WDW before and after the Member cruise..that's the time we hope to find a house. We have been looking at different areas for a couple of years now.

So, we are in the first phase of our plan to become snowbirds. We have moved into the Cape May vacation home we bought with my sister 17 years ago.

Bobbi

Can I officially join you guys??? We booked this evening!!! Thank you for the great feedback on my earlier questions! It was such a whirlwind. I got the email at 1:30 saying there was availability, I called at 2:30 for pricing, proposed my idea to hubby at 5:30, and was booked by 8:00! Never worked on a vacation that fast in our lives!!!! Crazy but fun!

So now I need to play catch up. Is there any openings for FE? Which night is pirate night? Do you have a FB group? Anything else I'm not thinking of?

So excited to be joining everyone here!

Welcome aboard!!!! I sent you a pm with info about the FE group. So glad you can join us.

:cheer2:Guess who is going to Norway? That is right! I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a secret Verandah room no less!!!!! Yeah :banana:I am so excited!!!!

Lynn

Lynn, so excited for you!!! I really wanted to do the Bristish Isles (mainly Ireland) but way out of the ballpark and just starting nurising, I'm low man on the list for vacation times. I think we'll be going back to early December trips! I do have a hold on the EBTA but know we really can't book it.

Hey Patricia
I so wanted to do the British Isle Cruise - but there was no way I could convince DH to do that with the cost. I even tried breaking it down by person by night and including all you get for the price (Room/ Food/Entertainment/etc) - Nope - too much money! But it worked really well for me to start with that cruise and then sell him on Norway! hee hee !!! It so helped that the TA got a Secret Room too - That really sealed the deal! He loved the one we had for Alaska! And he is the one that demands we have a balcony and I am the one who is always on it!!! I am SO Excited! I was looking at Port Adventures last night - I found the One I want to do - you get to go to the Artic Circle! How cool is that?? DH wants to see the Stave Churches. I don't plan on doing a lot of Port Adventures - I mainly plan on viewing the towns and shopping. It just looks so pretty! You should book the cruise - Bobbi is on that cruise!

Bobbi
So glad your move went well. I hope your Dr Appt goes well too! We can call you a Snow Bird now!!! I hope your house sells fast and you can find a nice one in Florida! I am sure you are busy getting all settled!
Lynn

CE for Member Cruise 2015

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom
Coll0610
Bellecruiser
Lgough
WDWEPOCT
married-2-wdw-nut
bliscum
Captviper13
xginny1008x
Jennileigh
Linda Farrell
Jonesm117
Sulcata
tmk0730

I'm glad you are joining the CE! When you get the chance, send me a conversation and tell me your cabin number and if there are any allergies. You can mention how many are in your cabin. Most people do adjust the amount given when they see how many are in your cabin.

I am thinking of making July 15th the deadline for sign ups and on the 16th or so, I will be sending everyone in the CE the list of people in their group. When I make up the groups, I will try to keep upper floors and lower floors in different groups, as much as I can.

Lynn, what's a Secret Room? I've only been on the Magic for 1 cruise, but I do have a December cruise booked on her for this year!

We definitely visited a Stave church in Norway when we went, and Disney's one is right on the mark for the one we visited. We did not go up to the Artic Circle. Two other things we did in Norway, was we went to a Norwegian Smorgasbord, it was absolutely delicious. I had never had such great cherries, it may be a strange thing to remember, but it was memorable. The other thing was we went to the Briksdal Glacier.

Hey Bobbi!
A Secret room - they are 5A rooms that were made 7A rooms because of slight obstructions on the verandahs = I do mean slight. I am only 5 foot tall - so it does not bother me at all. There are I believe 4 of them per ship. I have been lucky to get one twice now! Nice savings! If you search Secret Verandah on the DIS you will find all kinds of threads about them. That is how I found out about them. They sell pretty fast. I was very surprised my TA could get one since I am Silver. I figured they would have been gone from the previous day. The cruise I am on is only offered once. It is easier to get them on cruises they do over and over - you can change your dates if you can be flexible. The room I had for Alaska was on deck 7 - this one is on Deck 6. For the Member Cruise I asked for a room at the very AFT end of the ship for the big Verandah (Thanks to the DIS about those) - I am on Deck 8. I like being at the Aft end of the ship. I think I like the Wonder the best. The Dream is a very nice ship - it is just Huge! I really enjoyed the Wonder. What is your favorite ship? With this cruise I will have been on 3 of the 4 ships - I need to do a cruise on the Fantasy and will have done all 4! I really want to make Gold - I keep pushing DH to do another cruise so we can make Gold - have not sold it yet! I will keep working on it! He is in sunny Calf right now!

Thanks for the info on Norway! I do want to see a Stave Church. I want to go to a Glacier too! I wanted to do a fly over in Alaska but didn't get a chance - so I want to do something with a Glacier in Norway. I ate (a long time ago) at Norway when they had a buffet - it was really good - a lot of fish! I did try a lot of different things - some I liked. They had rutabaga - I don't like it - but OMG it was so good on the buffet - I had thirds! I wish I would have asked how they fixed it - it was so good!

Have you had your Dr appt? Did you schedule your new knees? I hope it all goes well for you. I think the worst part is just waiting to get on with it. I know I hated the month before my neck surgery - I was just ready to get it over with and get on with things. Sending you Pixie Dust for extra good luck! :tink:

How is your weather? We are having some very nice weather - in the 70s! Calling for rain later this week - at least it is not snow! I sure hope winter is about over! I am ready for it to be over!
Hope things are going well for you!
Lynn

Tomorrow I meet with a cardiologist and someone else. Time will go quickly towards April 24, we have a busy schedule, including a 4 night WDW trip.

Today my sister came and we culled some old family and friends pictures. Tom & I are really doing well as far as this move.

My sister and cousin joined me for the January 2013 Member Cruise. We had a wonderful Dream aft veranda 6690! We have also had a great aft veranda on the Wonder.

My favorite Animator Palette experience is on the Fantasy. I suppose I do not have a favorite ship, but we have been on the Wonder more than any other. I do know that Captain Fabian, who was the Captain for our last 2 Wonder cruises, is my favorite Captain.

Our NJ weather is cold! Into the 20's at night and I do not think we have had temps even in the 50's since we have gotten here on Thursday. We are expecting a bit warmer...hope it comes to be! I do miss having a fireplace!

OK, I understand about a secret veranda room, nice! For our next transatlantic cruise we are close to the room we really liked on our 2013 EBTA. Mid ship, deck 6.

Do you watch Dancing with Stars? We're enjoying it now.

Bobbi

Sorry, been a bit MIA. Starting working full time as a nurse yesterday and the days are long and I'm wiped out. Hope everyone is doing well. We keep getting inside cabins due to the price but did enjoy a verandah on our first cruise and we had one of those large ones on the very aft of the Dream. It was great! Of course since then they recategorized them so they are now higher priced.

Sorry, been a bit MIA. Starting working full time as a nurse yesterday and the days are long and I'm wiped out. Hope everyone is doing well. We keep getting inside cabins due to the price but did enjoy a verandah on our first cruise and we had one of those large ones on the very aft of the Dream. It was great! Of course since then they recategorized them so they are now higher priced.

Hi Pat, going full time as a nurse is a huge adjustment. Are you working extra long days. One of my DIL's is a nurse and I am always amazed at her hours. She's fine with it. I admire all who work helping people heal, you are a blessing to us all.

It was supposed to get warmer, but not tonight. The wind is howling....where is spring??

Hi Pat, going full time as a nurse is a huge adjustment. Are you working extra long days. One of my DIL's is a nurse and I am always amazed at her hours. She's fine with it. I admire all who work helping people heal, you are a blessing to us all.

It was supposed to get warmer, but not tonight. The wind is howling....where is spring??

Thankfully right now I'm working 8.5 hour shifts but working five days out of the week (not necessarily M-F) is a bigger adjustment. I was working 2-3 days a week while teching so this is definitely more. I'm only full time while orienting (12 weeks) then I'll be part time unless a full time position opens up (hopefully, as benefits are much better full time).

Hopefully you will get a position with benefits! I never had them as an adjunct in University of Cincinnati. Luckily Tom's work provided health benefits. His plant was closing in NJ that's why we moved to Ohio. I had been full time in the Trenton NJ Public Schools. Oh well, water under the bridge, and we are looking forward to a more active Bobbi, soon!

Hey Everyone!
I wanted to wish you Everyone a Very Happy Easter! I hope you all have nice weather! I won't be doing much - I have a friend coming over after he gets off work. Everyone else in my house is working - so I will be home alone all day - good day to get some stuff done! We will be eating around 6. Honey Baked ham, Green Bean Casserole, Potato with cheese (make something - may add bacon), bread, - My friend is bringing a pasta dish, wine, and desert. What are you all doing and having for dinner?
I am not doing candy baskets this year. This is a first - Everyone is on a diet. Will have to go with healthy treats and snacks! It will be better this way (I keep telling myself that!). I will miss the chocolate!
Do any of you watch = Once Upon a Time? I really love that show. Bobbi - I do watch Dancing with the Stars - I really like that show. I think it is amazing how they learn all those dances!
Hope everyone is doing well and as a great Week-End!
Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter