DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Well, Tom & I just returned from a short visit ti the Boardwalk in Wildwood! Wildwood is busy, and like lot's of New Jerseyans, we have our favorite Boardwalk Pizza. Tom grew up in Trenton NJ, where Mac's Pizza ariginated. He's converted us all, except for when we head to Seaside for Maruca's! Are there any other New Jerseyans who care to talk Pizza at the shore!?
Pat, our income tax refund is long gone. We owed Ohio tax this year, and hated to see it go out!

Bobbi

Bobbi, I am jealous of your location! We took several day trips to OC last summer (thanks to my schedule and hubby being able to arrange his so we were both off together a few times). LOVE to walk the boardwalk. It's been more years than I can remember for Wildwood though. We used to go each summer as kids until my parents got divorced. When mom remarried we then vacationed each year at Virginia Beach.

When our Matthew was born, 40 years ago, we began going to Virginia Beach for a week. The water was so much warmer there. Eventually the longer ride got to us, or the Jersey water got warmer. My parents had a seasonal trailer they kept near Wildwood, so that's the shore area our sons remember.

We welcome visitors!

Bobbi::yes::

I just cancelled the Concierge level studio for the night we disembark. We have added a day to our pre cruise trip to check out another FL development, and we think we will be ready to head home after the cruise.

Any new interest in the Candy Exchange?

Bobbi

Hey Bobbi!
Sorry to hear you won't be Concierge! I do hope you find something in Florida! They are always so pretty! Since it has stayed warm here - I will be planting my flowers in the next week or two. Need to get my hummingbird feeders out as I am sure they will be arriving soon. They were here by this time last year.
You all talking about pizza made me so hungry! I love NY pizza - I am a thin crust pizza person! Not into the Chicago style pizza (not that there is anything wrong with it - just not my favorite). Wish we could get pizza like that here.
Not doing much this week-end - we are getting rain all day today. May have storms later. Hope you are having a great week-end!
Lynn

Bobbi, As much as I would love to stay after the cruise, due to work, we too will be heading home after we disembark. I have so many friends who have moved to FL in the last few years, I am truly jealous! I'd love to be that close to the MOUSE!!! Lynn, I think your rain will be hitting us tonight and all day tomorrow. It's been a beautiful weekend, 80 yesterday, only 65 today but the sun has been out most of the day. Love having the windows open and fresh air in.

Not much going on other than work; orientation; workshops, ugh, just ready for vacation!!! Oh well, guess I really do need to work so we have money to spend on vacation, lol.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Friends from Levittown PA visited us today, and we made another trip to Wildwood for Mac's Pizza! The weather here is so different from just last weekend, more blustery and cooler! We lived in Lower Makefield PA for 14 years before moving to Ohio. It's so nice to be relatively close to those good friends now.

Last week I planted Parsley Thyme and Oregano seeds in pots. 2 of the 3 have germinated, too soon for me to figure which ones haven't, I thought there was something about the pots that would let me tell them apart, but of course I have forgotten what I had thought was obvious!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. This time next week, I will be in rehab. Lots of friends are giving me pep talks and encouragement!

Bobbi:daisy:

Bobbi, I've got you on my prayer list for Friday (and your rehab).

Hi- Second DVC member cruise for me and my girls (they will be 5 and 8 in August). I would like to sign up for the candy exchange but I cannot figure out how to send a PM :(( Is there a reply link or option I am missing? So excited!

Last edited:
Hi!
It is up to the giver. You will know how many are in each room. We have never gotten fewer than 2 "somethings" when there were 2 in the room. Usually people give an assortment.
Bobbi:)
Hi - Am I too late to join the CE? It will be me and two girls - 5 and 8 at time of cruise. Thanks, Lisa

Hi- Second DVC member cruise for me and my girls (they will be 5 and 8 in August). I would like to sign up for the candy exchange but I cannot figure out how to send a PM :(( Is there a reply link or option I am missing? Our stateroom is .....- so excited!

Hi - Am I too late to join the CE? It will be me and two girls - 5 and 8 at time of cruise. Thanks, Lisa

Sign ups are still open! Now that you have 10 Disboard posts, when you go to my name under Winnie, you should see s pop up box with "start a conversation" as an option. That's how you contact me. Welcome!

I deleted your stateroom number here, in case you want to delete from your post, just go to "edit." I will be sending out the information to each person through "conversation."

Bobbi

Deadline July 15
CE for Member Cruise 2015

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom
Coll0610
Bellecruiser
Lgough
WDWEPOCT
married-2-wdw-nut
bliscum
Captviper13
xginny1008x
Jennileigh
Linda Farrell
Jonesm117
Sulcata
Tmk0730
Carolinadj
emelle24

3 groups so far:thumbsup2

Hi- Second DVC member cruise for me and my girls (they will be 5 and 8 in August). I would like to sign up for the candy exchange but I cannot figure out how to send a PM :(( Is there a reply link or option I am missing? Our stateroom is 5518 - so excited!

Welcome Aboard!!! If you are interested in the FE (fish extender gift exchange), please see the very first post and send me a pm (see Bobbi's info above about starting a conversation) with that info.

Hi all! I am April or Mousekemom on the board. My hubby and I will be in room 10522. This is our 2nd cruise and 1st member cruise. We are leaving our three kids with the grandparents as it will be the second week of school here.
I would love to join the fish extender swap if there are openings. We are happy to fill in wherever. My email is mousekemom@yahoo.com.

Hi all! I am April or Mousekemom on the board. My hubby and I will be in room 10522. This is our 2nd cruise and 1st member cruise. We are leaving our three kids with the grandparents as it will be the second week of school here.
I would love to join the fish extender swap if there are openings. We are happy to fill in wherever. My email is mousekemom@yahoo.com.

Hi April, I sent you an email with info about the FE and sign up.

Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter