DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Hi everyone! I want to wish all a Happy Easter or Pasover celebration. I tried watching Once Upon a Time, but found it confusing. Then I did see a show that explained it, but still, it is too hard for me to figure out.:crazy:

I am in Cape May, Tom is in Ohio. On Thursday night wind damaged some cosmetic trim on our house, so Tom may not make it here for Easter. It depends on if things get fixed today. In Cape May my cousin and his family will join use for a more or less traditional Polish feast, ham, kielbasa, chruchiki for dessert. I'll also have asparagus, corn pudding, yams and potato salad. My cousin also brought a "chleb" Polish rye bread.

Tom like Jello, so I made some Jello eggs, they will keep till he gets here. We will color eggs this afternoon and visit my mom so Konner can participate in an egg hunt.

There is a traditional Victorian themed Easter Day parade on the Mall in CM. Some may go see that tomorrow.

Whatever you do, have a great weekend.

Bobbi:)

Our Easter is traditional polish food as well. Looks like it may be a little chilly! Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Our Easter is traditional polish food as well. Looks like it may be a little chilly! Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Wesołego Alleluia!

Next year I will get butter in shape of a lamb. I do not have one this year. Do you?

Happy Easter or Passover to each of you. I am working this weekend (day shift) so I'll be home tomorrow and we'll go to my moms for dinner. Our daughter (27) will go with us (along with the furbabies). My mom had a traumatic brain injury a few years ago and Easter that following year was our Christmas. I actually took a cake decorated with pointsettias and Merry Christmas on it as she missed the holidays completely. So each holiday since has had extra meaning. Don't think I'll get to see the grandkids with my schedule (they'll probably some and see hubby while I'm at work).

We found out this week that hubby will be out of a job when we cruise. We are NOT cancelling, too much money already invested into this vacation. There is a very slim chance this won't happen but it seems almost a definite. The owners of his company have sold the building (the business has been declining due to the owners running it into the ground and refusal to advertise to get buyers into the store). So any prayers or positive thoughts you can send this way, the look for a new job is in his immediate future (have to get that resume done NOW). Oh gosh, I am still working on our taxes which are the worse they have been in more years than I can recall. UGH!!!

Ok, enough complaining. Just watching the DCL Dream on the Food Network. Cannot wait!!!!!

Pat that's awful news about your husband's company. I hope and pray the "very slim chance " that he can keep his job comes to pass or his resumes get him a better one.

Tom was so lucky that with 3 companies that his division was owned by over the 22 years we were in Ohio, he actually did work doing his job with some of the same people.

Bobbi

Please add two more to the list! We are interested in doing a gift exchange if it's still open.

Please see post two (the very second post on page one of this very long thread) and pm me your information for the FE.

Deadline July 15
CE for Member Cruise 2015

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom
Coll0610
Bellecruiser
Lgough
WDWEPOCT
married-2-wdw-nut
bliscum
Captviper13
xginny1008x
Jennileigh
Linda Farrell
Jonesm117
Sulcata
tmk0730

There's still time to sign up!

Today I met with the second doctor who will be preforming the surgery. He says my ankles will be feeling better on 2 straight knees. Yeah, I loved to hear that. I've done all that I can pre operation. Yesterday we went to a Joint Replacement class. I did learn that swimming is not allowed until everything heals and cleared up. So, maybe this won't be the time I'm able to snorkel. I can wait.

Today I met with the second doctor who will be preforming the surgery. He says my ankles will be feeling better on 2 straight knees. Yeah, I loved to hear that. I've done all that I can pre operation. Yesterday we went to a Joint Replacement class. I did learn that swimming is not allowed until everything heals and cleared up. So, maybe this won't be the time I'm able to snorkel. I can wait.

Bobbi, glad things are moving forward with the knees. I hope you are completely healed by vacation time.

Patricia
I am so sorry to hear about your DH and his job. I experienced a down size last March with a vacation planned in May. I am keeping you in my thoughts that something great will come along (very quickly) and this will all work out great! I know this is a major stress and I hope things improve for both of you! I just hate that this keeps happening to everyone.
Lynn

Patricia
I am so sorry to hear about your DH and his job. I experienced a down size last March with a vacation planned in May. I am keeping you in my thoughts that something great will come along (very quickly) and this will all work out great! I know this is a major stress and I hope things improve for both of you! I just hate that this keeps happening to everyone.
Lynn

Sadly, we knew this was a possibility, as the building has been for sale for several YEARS but there is so much commercial real estate available that we never thought it would actually happen. Of course I just started working as a nurse so the increase in pay and hours will help us temporary so we have no plans to cancel our vacation. Airfare is booked, LOTS of DVC points used and we would have no certainty if we cancelled of being able to use them before the end of our use year.

Bobbi
When are you scheduled for your new knees? Wonderful news about your ankles! So nice to get good news! How are you feeling about all of this? What have you got planned to do while you are resting from your surgery? Got any good books to read?
Lynn

Patricia
DH's Co got sold two years ago - It had been for sale for several years. He had to apply for his job and interview along with the other 30 guys - lucky for us he was hired. It was a bit tense for a while not knowing what was going on or going to happen. A company I used to work for got sold (we didn't even know it was for sale) - it was not pretty how that was all handled. People just lost their jobs with no warnings - most people had been there for over 15-20 years. Anyway you want to slice it - it is not pleasant. Companies just don't seem to care - The owner of my former Co made a fortune selling and that was all he cared about.
I took my vacation in May for the same reason - Already had the points booked / airfare purchased / tickets / etc - You should go and enjoy yourself. I am sure by then - everything will be worked out. Have you contacted a Headhunter? I Hate doing a Resume - I think I hate that more than anything!
Well I don't want to depress you - I want to send positive thoughts !
How has your weather been? We have been having Biblical Storms! I thought I saw Noah and his Ark yesterday we got so much rain! Bad storms again tonight. Grapefruit size hail! That is some HUGE hail! Yesterday parts of town had so much hail they had to plow it! Tornados just south of me tonight. Lots of Thunder and lighting going on. It has been warm which is nice. Makes me think winter is over! Tonight is to be the last night of these storms for a few days. We have gotten over 3-4 inches of rain. Everything is so soggy.
I plan on doing my FE this week-end! I really hope to wrap it up! I need to get it done so I can work on my magnets and my t-shirts! Time is running out! I need to get my butt in gear!
I hope everyone is doing well.
Lynn

Please add two more to the list! We are interested in doing a gift exchange if it's still open.

Welcome! Please PM you cabin number!

Deadline July 15
CE for Member Cruise 2015

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom
Coll0610
Bellecruiser
Lgough
WDWEPOCT
married-2-wdw-nut
bliscum
Captviper13
xginny1008x
Jennileigh
Linda Farrell
Jonesm117
Sulcata
Tmk0730
carolinadj

There's still time to sign up, and so far there will be 2 groups of 10 cabins each!

Lynn, those storms sound awful! Here in south Jersey the temp is in the 30s right now, and will be in the 40s today and rain. We have had a few nice days, some sun, but really it's quite dreary. Yesterday felt like winter with the winds blowing.

Regarding my operation and recovery, the operation is April 24. We went to a "joint replacement" class on Tuesday and out of the 25 participants, my guess is that 10 were there for hip replacements, and 15 for a knee. I seemed to be the only person with 2 knees being replaced, but I did chat with folks who had a relative or friends who recently had 2 done at the same time. I understand that minimal hospital stays are the norm, most folks go home after 1 night in the hospital. In fact, that's the norm for a hip replacement, those with a hip replacement do not get home nursing care, they go right into day rehab! Now I have medi care and the norm for 2 knees being replaced is 2-3 nights in a hospital and then rehab for a bit. I know they have you standing later in the day of the operation.

The bandage that covers the incision is like a large band aid! The doctors I will have use staples. It is a titanium and plastic knee.

I like to read, there is free wifi in the hospital, we are told to bring our phones and ipads to the hospital. They told us that the nurses have to look at us every hour, so not to expect to have deep sleep.

I suppose it is just something to get through. People talk about using pain meds, not letting the pain get ahead of you. On the other hand, apparently right into the spot of the replacement, the surgeons use something that lowers the pain for 72 hours. At that point you are home, (in most cases) and so, do not feel you had done anything wrong, it was just the meds wearing off. That sounds like a bummer!

Tom and I are taking a 4 night trip to WDW next week. I feel lucky that we had a wait list for BWV come through. I have a scooter rented, and I'll be doing some water exercises to build up my leg muscles in the pool. I went for 15 weeks of Physical Therapy starting in late October, and so, I have kept up with the land exercises and I am as ready as I can be for April 24!

Bobbi

Patricia
DH's Co got sold two years ago - It had been for sale for several years. He had to apply for his job and interview along with the other 30 guys - lucky for us he was hired. It was a bit tense for a while not knowing what was going on or going to happen. A company I used to work for got sold (we didn't even know it was for sale) - it was not pretty how that was all handled. People just lost their jobs with no warnings - most people had been there for over 15-20 years. Anyway you want to slice it - it is not pleasant. Companies just don't seem to care - The owner of my former Co made a fortune selling and that was all he cared about.
I took my vacation in May for the same reason - Already had the points booked / airfare purchased / tickets / etc - You should go and enjoy yourself. I am sure by then - everything will be worked out. Have you contacted a Headhunter? I Hate doing a Resume - I think I hate that more than anything!
Well I don't want to depress you - I want to send positive thoughts !
How has your weather been? We have been having Biblical Storms! I thought I saw Noah and his Ark yesterday we got so much rain! Bad storms again tonight. Grapefruit size hail! That is some HUGE hail! Yesterday parts of town had so much hail they had to plow it! Tornados just south of me tonight. Lots of Thunder and lighting going on. It has been warm which is nice. Makes me think winter is over! Tonight is to be the last night of these storms for a few days. We have gotten over 3-4 inches of rain. Everything is so soggy.
I plan on doing my FE this week-end! I really hope to wrap it up! I need to get it done so I can work on my magnets and my t-shirts! Time is running out! I need to get my butt in gear!
I hope everyone is doing well.
Lynn

Lynn, WOW on those storms, please don't be sending them our way. We had our first real dealing with hail in May (wow it's almost a year ago). We had about $15,000 worth of damage, between Dale & my car and our home. The hail was huge. We've had hail but never like that. Homes in the area are still being fixed from all the damage. It was such an isolated storm (friends less than a mile away had NO hail).

Dale is trying to fill out applications for things he's just 'finding' but has been with this company for 28 years full time (he worked for them part time before that). Sadly he's not the best with technology now adays everything is online. He's great with some things but didn't have to learn other things so hopefully he can find something that he's comfortable doing.

Bobbi
I hope you have a GREAT time at Disney. It should be beautiful right now with the Flower and Garden Festival! (Plus they have some food booths!). Please have Tom let us know how you are doing after your surgery - we will be thinking of you and sending you our prayers and good wishes! I was in the hospital 4 days for my neck surgery - they had me up and walking the next day - the walking wasn't bad - the getting up with hell on Earth! The no pain for 72 hours sounds wonderful! That will be great!
We had more storms last night - but are done now until Sun/Mon. Spring is always full of storms here. Patricia - I can't believe that damage! OMG that is terrible. Crazy how storms hit one house and not touch the next.
I hope everyone has a Great Wee-End!
Lynn

Lynn, your storms were headed here yesterday. I left for work in the am with news of damaging winds and hail expected for the evening. We were supposed to hit close to 75. When I checked my phone before leaving work, it was only 52 (4pm) and I couldn't figure out what happened. Needless to say when i got home and put the weather on they said the strong winds we had during the day pushed the storm away (some technical words were used, lol) but thankfully no crazy weather for us! Today was mid 60's and sunny. I'm so ready for spring!

Thankfully, no bad storms here either. We had lightning and thunder Friday night, but it was a sunny Saturday. We managed to get somethings done outside.:thumbsup2

No storms here today either, beautiful sunshine. I really need to get to the park and run (I have a 10 miler coming up that I am NOT prepared for); but have to do the last of the taxes (owe this year so putting them off, lol) and lots of things that don't get done during the week now that I'm working full time. Ugh. I'd rather be outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter