DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Bobbi, sounds exciting. I dream of moving closer to Disney but don't want to move away from the grandkids yet.

We have grandkids in TX and FL.

Both sons and family have moved many times. We will not decide where to move based on where they are now.

We have grandkids in TX and FL.

Both sons and family have moved many times. We will not decide where to move based on where they are now.

I can understand that Bobbi. Our son and daughter in law bought a house two blocks from us. I'm enjoying them being close by while they are so young (3 & 6)

I can understand that Bobbi. Our son and daughter in law bought a house two blocks from us. I'm enjoying them being close by while they are so young (3 & 6)
That's nice and so rewarding on both ends!
One family has lived in Colorado, GA, MA and now FL.
The other has lived in Louisiana, PA and now TX.

Dayton's basketball team is playing now, I am trying to stay up to watch the game, but it's a losing cause, I'm pretty tired.

We already have the NJ property, we own it with my sister. Once our Ohio home sells, we plan to buy a home in FL. We will be snowbirds.

My mom is 95, lives in a senior residence in NJ and Tom & I are both originally from NJ which is why NJ is preferable to both of us, rather than Ohio. We both have relatives and friends in NJ. Ohio has been our home for 22 years, and we have good friends here. We hope they will visit us!
Our year has been very similar ! We always thought we would retire in Orlando when our daughter worked for Disney but she moved to California and we could never afford to retire there. Our other daughter and her husband moved near us in Missouri where we were close to their kids. Then they moved to Fort Worth to be near his family so Texas sounded pretty good ! We love it here - it's better winters than the Midwest and has a gulf coast - just the other side of the gulf ! We're especially happy now that our house sold and we are both settled down here - the dog and I moved 4 months early.

I recently checked my reservation via Castaway Club, and found that we were scheduled for second seating! Not what we like or thought we had. I just called Member Services and i was able to have it changed.

CE for Member Cruise 2015
marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom
Coll0610
Bellecruiser
Lgough
WDWEPOCT
married-2-wdw-nut
bliscum
Captviper13
xginny1008x
Jennileigh
Linda Farrell
Jonesm117
sulcata

There is still plenty of time to sign up!

Glad you were able to get that fixed Bobbi. We actually prefer late seating.

Bobbi
So glad you got your seating fixed - Also glad you said something! I went in and checked mine - I have 2nd seating - which is what I wanted! I never would have thought to check that!
Hope your week is going well.
Lynn

It had hit high 60's Tuesday and SNOW TODAY, ugh!!! So very ready for this stuff to be over. Thankfully it's not affecting the roads bad since it has been warmer. Heading to work in a bit. Hope everyone is having a wonderful first day of spring. Oh, if you have a Rita's Water Ice close by, free water ice today (for first day of spring). I think i'll wait and pay for mine later, do not want to stand out in the cold, heavy wet snow for a water ice.

Love good Italian Water Ice! When I was growing up in Newark NJ, there was this great Italian bakery that featured it during the summer!

We lived in Bucks County PA when Rita's was begun. There is one nearby in Ohio, and like you, we're passing on the offer today!

Hi all
I am glad to be back for my 2nd Member Cruise
Went in 2006. Alone..no one available to join me..but had a good time anyway.
This time my daughter is coming with me.
I also had a nightmare trying to get connected...ended up with a stateroom way higher in points.
Last time I did not have a FE but plan to make/buy one this year.
Could y'all offer suggestions of what members like to find in their FEs?
Thanks
Sheila

Last edited:
Hi all
I also had a nightmare trying to get connected...ended up with a stateroom way higher in points.
Thanks
Sheila

Welcome!

I organize a Candy/Snack exchange in which folks give local or regional treats.

I am sure others who do regular FE's will chime in. I know I would join a "Disney Pin" exchange, if everyone would agree to give a new Disney pin, one per cabin, folks would tell their interests. I do enjoy collecting Disney pins. I always buy a Member Cruise pin, if they sell one. Last year, 2014, everyone got one as a gift.

Hi all
Thanks
Sheila

Welcome aboard Sheila! Glad you could join us. We've gotten all kinds of things in our FE's over the years (i.e. mini scrapbook; hot sauce; candy; alcohol; clock; Christmas ornaments; cup carrier; personalized cups, just to give you some ideas).

Hello Everyone! I hope you don't mind me chiming in since we aren't technically booked yet! We received a promo email saying there was still availability on this cruise. So my curiosity got the better of me and I check the school calendar (all clear) and then of course had to call MS to see what was available! :) We are a party of 5 and they can accommodate us in a deluxe verandah. We could split the cost between points and cash. So now it's time to sell the idea to hubby! (Who loves DVC, DCL, etc... SO I'm hoping not too hard!) I see the itinerary, which is a huge selling point to us. I understand the extra goodies left in the state room. What else makes the cruise special? Is there still a pirate night? Formal night? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. Any and all info welcome! With any luck (er sorry Magic) I'll be back posting we are booked and ready to go! Thanks in advance for helping me to take the plunge!

Hello Everyone! I hope you don't mind me chiming in since we aren't technically booked yet! We received a promo email saying there was still availability on this cruise. So my curiosity got the better of me and I check the school calendar (all clear) and then of course had to call MS to see what was available! :) We are a party of 5 and they can accommodate us in a deluxe verandah. We could split the cost between points and cash. So now it's time to sell the idea to hubby! (Who loves DVC, DCL, etc... SO I'm hoping not too hard!) I see the itinerary, which is a huge selling point to us. I understand the extra goodies left in the state room. What else makes the cruise special? Is there still a pirate night? Formal night? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. Any and all info welcome! With any luck (er sorry Magic) I'll be back posting we are booked and ready to go! Thanks in advance for helping me to take the plunge!

Welcome aboard (hopefully)!!!! This is our first member cruise so I only know what I've read and heard from those before us. So many special things only available on this cruise. Still a Pirate night but no formal night since it's only a four night. I think there is usually a 'dress up' night (where we wear our nicer outfits) on this cruise though. I look forward to the dress up nights.

2 stops at CC and a day at sea is a nice itinerary because there are lots of special presentations on board. I do not go for goodies, I leave or give much of the bling away. I like pins and prints. Years ago we got wonderful DVC Beach towels, yes, I kept them. I would love a DVC throw, but no one asked me!

Ok..the special things to me are the presentations. Last year was the 50th anniversary of both Mary Poppins and the NYC Worlds Fair, I'm a fan of both, and there was plenty to learn. The Broadway entertainers were excellent! Yes there is a Pirate night!

There's a commeraderie aboard that is special, at least I think so. I hope you come aboard!

Bobbi:boat:

Hey Bobbi!
I saw you got your cruise for 2016 booked! Yeah!:yay: I have been on that thread ALL Day watching all the prices! I am aiming for a Norway / Iceland cruise. I have my TA on it for tomorrow since I am only Silver. I really want the 12 Night - but don't think I will be able to swing that one - so will do the 7 night. I asked for prices for both - that way the 7 night will look so much better! :rolleyes1 I wanted to do it in 2015 - but didn't know I was going to be unemployed. At least this way I can read all the threads about everyone doing it this year and go off their info. Have you ever done a cruise to Norway? I have wanted to go to Norway ever since they had the Olympics! I can't decide if I want to do the May one or the June one. The weather would be better in June - but school would be out in June. I may have to flip a coin.
Congrats on your cruise!!!!
Lynn

Hi Lynn!

Yes, we have taken a cruise to Norway, and it was fantastic. Tom & I had always been impressed by the film of Norway at EPCOT. We took a cruise, RCCL, from England, stops at Amsterdam, France, and 3 stops in Norway. I think the fjords there were so beautiful! You'll have a great time, whichever you book!

I really want to go to the WWII beaches in Normandy, and that's where we'll head after the EBTA lands in Dover.

Tomorrow is moving day! Our goal is to leave here at 7:30. Cape May here we come!

Bobbi

Can I officially join you guys??? We booked this evening!!! Thank you for the great feedback on my earlier questions! It was such a whirlwind. I got the email at 1:30 saying there was availability, I called at 2:30 for pricing, proposed my idea to hubby at 5:30, and was booked by 8:00! Never worked on a vacation that fast in our lives!!!! Crazy but fun!

So now I need to play catch up. Is there any openings for FE? Which night is pirate night? Do you have a FB group? Anything else I'm not thinking of?

So excited to be joining everyone here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter