DREAM OCTOBER 14, 2012 4 Night Bahamas~If You Can DREAM it...

Hello everyone!!! My family and I will be joining you on this cruise!!! :cloud9: SUPER EXCITED cannot begin to explain how we are feeling. :banana: Our party consists of my DH (29), DD (5months), DMIL (65) and me (29). We will be in Stateroom 5656 and have the main seating dining (you have our permission to post our info on the main page :goodvibes). We are celebrating many things: my 30th birthday, my DD's first birthday, and my DMIL's first cruise EVER. :woohoo:My DH and I took our very first cruise last year on the Disney Wonder to the Mexican Riviera, and we LOVED IT! That was where we signed up for DVC. We loved doing the FEs, but are going to sit this one out - it's just too much work and I don't have that kind of time with a newborn. :laundy:

I'm caught up on all the posts, and we can't wait to meet you all!

WELCOME!!!! :yay: So excited to have you join us! I have the info. you requested in your quote below. I hope it helps. Also on a side note, that link is to a sticky that has tons of other DCL info. Be sure to check it out if you haven't already.

A few people from the MR cruise who were coming from all over the US mailed boxes of FE stuff and food to their staterooms. Are we allowed to do this on the Dream? Because we are coming from CA, so anything we can ship out would be amazing. Does anyone know?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise - PLEASE follow these instructions carefully!!!!!! UPDATED AS OF 2/25/2009
• ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.
• The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
• The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.
• NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.
• The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs. (This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

Address your package(s) to:
Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
8633 Transport Drive
Orlando, FL 32832
Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
*Name
*Sail Date
*Ship
*Stateroom Number
*Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient)
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 7-Night Cruise on the Disney Magic (Saturday).
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 4-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Sunday).
• Packages must arrive by Wednesday by 3:00pm for the 3-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Thursday).

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding. These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

Thank you!

It's my first cruise with Disney, although I've been on Carnival Fantasy and Splendor, RCI Independence of the Seas, Costa Victoria, and a few more UK ships.

It will be my son's first cruise which makes this more exciting than ever!

The things I am looking forward to the most are Castaway Cay, the restaurants on board, the shows, the Oceaneer Lab for DS and the stay at the Beach Club afterward :cloud9:

I'm not sure about doing the Fish Extender yet, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with it all :confused:

I'm sure your son is so excited! I know I am! I think Castaway Cay is what I'm looking forward to the most (besides the food, I'm looking forward to that too). It's been such a long time since I've gone to the beach and actually been able to enjoy it. I can't wait to feel the sand between toes. :cloud9:

Don't let FE pressure you. Remember that its completely optional. I'm going to start making mine and Jack's (JackSkelingtons) soon as the date draws closer. It took me forever to figure out what to do but moms helped me out. Looking around on craft websites and such can give you ideas if you happen to be a crafty person. There is even a homemade FE gift idea thread on the boards. :worship:

Thank you for the wonderful welcome! :)

WELCOME!!!! :yay: So excited to have you join us! I have the info. you requested in your quote below. I hope it helps. Also on a side note, that link is to a sticky that has tons of other DCL info. Be sure to check it out if you haven't already.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise - PLEASE follow these instructions carefully!!!!!! UPDATED AS OF 2/25/2009
• ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.
• The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
• The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.
• NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.
• The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs. (This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

Address your package(s) to:
Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
8633 Transport Drive
Orlando, FL 32832
Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
*Name
*Sail Date
*Ship
*Stateroom Number
*Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient)
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 7-Night Cruise on the Disney Magic (Saturday).
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 4-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Sunday).
• Packages must arrive by Wednesday by 3:00pm for the 3-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Thursday).

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding. These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

WOW! Thank you so much! How lame is it that we can only send out ONE BOX to the stateroom AND it can't contain formula. The box was supposed to have all, or most, of the baby items. It's okay. We'll make it work.

Has anyone here been to the Bahamas in October before? What did you do there? I know we definitely want to do a snorkeling excursion, so I wanted to know if it was a good time for that.

WOW! Thank you so much! How lame is it that we can only send out ONE BOX to the stateroom AND it can't contain formula. The box was supposed to have all, or most, of the baby items. It's okay. We'll make it work.

Has anyone here been to the Bahamas in October before? What did you do there? I know we definitely want to do a snorkeling excursion, so I wanted to know if it was a good time for that.

I thought the same thing when I read it. No baby formula? What? lol.

As for the Bahamas in October I know moms can totally answer that question. :yay:

October has been a great time for us cruising the bahamas and carribean. The weather is always warm 80's mostly (sometimes windy) and occasionally rain of course.

My kids have done snorkleing every time. The water is still warm enough for playing and swimming.

From Disneycruise.com site:
Babies Travel Lite
Babies Travel Lite lets you pre-order your favorite baby items and delivers them to your Disney Cruise Line stateroom.

Forget packing and carrying the diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, food, bathing supplies and countless other items your baby will need while on your cruise. Babies Travel Lite lets you pre-order all your baby items and then delivers everything right to your stateroom! The service offers a number of conveniences, such as:

More than 1,000 brand name baby products
Same trusted products you use at home, including a full line of organic and Earth-friendly products
Quantity customized to the length of your cruise
Easy online service

http://www.babiestravellite.com/?AFFIL=DCL This might help as far as the formula etc. I do not believe this will count as your mail ahead box either.

October has been a great time for us cruising the bahamas and carribean. The weather is always warm 80's mostly (sometimes windy) and occasionally rain of course.

My kids have done snorkleing every time. The water is still warm enough for playing and swimming.

Excellent! We went to Hawaii in 2007 and we had never gone snorkeling before. We loved it so much that we have to do it everywhere we go. :thumbsup2 He got to see a sea turtle! http://youtu.be/tWgDxJrt35M

From Disneycruise.com site:
Babies Travel Lite
Babies Travel Lite lets you pre-order your favorite baby items and delivers them to your Disney Cruise Line stateroom.

Forget packing and carrying the diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, food, bathing supplies and countless other items your baby will need while on your cruise. Babies Travel Lite lets you pre-order all your baby items and then delivers everything right to your stateroom! The service offers a number of conveniences, such as:

More than 1,000 brand name baby products
Same trusted products you use at home, including a full line of organic and Earth-friendly products
Quantity customized to the length of your cruise
Easy online service

http://www.babiestravellite.com/?AFFIL=DCL This might help as far as the formula etc. I do not believe this will count as your mail ahead box either.

I had seen this information before, but I thought it was a little expensive. :eek: Then doing the comparison to taking it with me or shipping out, this is probably going to be our best bet. Thank you for this. :goodvibes

Does anyone know if we can order a D&B bag before the cruise and have it in our cabin when we arrive? My DW's birthday is on 10/1 and I just saw the new line of bags out, thinking it would be an excellent present.

I suppose it'd be much easier to run down to the store and pick one up the first night and have our head waiter deliver it to the table with dessert.

Suggestions anyone? I'm open to any and all.

Jerry

Does anyone know if we can order a D&B bag before the cruise and have it in our cabin when we arrive? My DW's birthday is on 10/1 and I just saw the new line of bags out, thinking it would be an excellent present.

I suppose it'd be much easier to run down to the store and pick one up the first night and have our head waiter deliver it to the table with dessert.

Jerry

Maybe you make an excuse at lunch and sneak off and buy a bag and arrange it in your room before your wife arrives? You could also look into Gift Baskets by Shirley, I heard that she was excellent and it could be a nice side piece you know what I mean. :rolleyes1

Here is the link to her website:

http://www.theperfectgift.cc/

Here is a link to the gifts and amenities on board:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/gifts-and-amenities/

Maybe you could surprise her in the middle of the week? I love the idea of surprising her during dinner with dessert! What goes better with dessert than a new purse? (or new jewelry, that's nice too :rotfl:).

Now are you looking for a DCL D&B bag or just a Disney D&B bag in general. You can always order off line but you cannot order one to be delivered to your stateroom (as of now anyway).

Excellent! We went to Hawaii in 2007 and we had never gone snorkeling before. We loved it so much that we have to do it everywhere we go. :thumbsup2 He got to see a sea turtle! http://youtu.be/tWgDxJrt35M

OMG that was too cool. It looked like the turtle was looking back to see if he was coming also. I confess, I also looked at the taco eating contest. Long story but our family ALWAYS eats tacos when we all get together... thought it might be a fun thing.

I had seen this information before, but I thought it was a little expensive. :eek: Then doing the comparison to taking it with me or shipping out, this is probably going to be our best bet. Thank you for this. :goodvibes

I just remember with little ones how much stuff you had to pack and diapers alone for a little one can nearly fill a suitcase. And if you need special baby food etc. Although I have heard that they do a great job on board if you need foods puree'd etc.

Jerry

The in room gifts and shopping link does give you a link to the online disney store where they have the D&B bags...so I am thinking this means they will send them to the ship. With that being said, it should be in your room waiting as we ordered disney cruise ship ball caps for the boys when we took them and they had them plastic wrapped with bow and in our room when we arrived. They have this # down and I would call customer service and ask.

DisneyStore.com Guest Services

800-328-0368

Remember, If you don't like that answer, call someone else. :rotfl::rotfl:

Hello everyone!!! My family and I will be joining you on this cruise!!! :cloud9: SUPER EXCITED cannot begin to explain how we are feeling. :banana: Our party consists of my DH (29), DD (5months), DMIL (65) and me (29). We will be in Stateroom 5656 and have the main seating dining (you have our permission to post our info on the main page :goodvibes). We are celebrating many things: my 30th birthday, my DD's first birthday, and my DMIL's first cruise EVER. :woohoo:My DH and I took our very first cruise last year on the Disney Wonder to the Mexican Riviera, and we LOVED IT! That was where we signed up for DVC. We loved doing the FEs, but are going to sit this one out - it's just too much work and I don't have that kind of time with a newborn. :laundy:

I'm caught up on all the posts, and we can't wait to meet you all!

Hello and welcome!

My DD will be 14 when we go on the cruise. The last cruise we went on, she met up with a friend her age online (through their parents) and they talked a little before the cruise and then made quick friends at the clubs, swimming, etc. Would anyone be interested in this?

I tried checking out the navigators on this link and they don't seem to work anymore. :sad2:

Does anyone know if we have a formal night on this cruise? Cause if not, less stuff to pack! :thumbsup2

I think we have a semi-formal night. Now that you bring that up does any one know what day that's on? I think I read some where it was sea day. :confused:

If you're still looking for navigators I know I posted a link for moms a few pages earlier. If the link doesn't work any more or you can't locate it here is a the same link:

http://allears.net/cruise/ships/dream/navigators/navs.htm

I think we have a semi-formal night. Now that you bring that up does any one know what day that's on? I think I read some where it was sea day. :confused:

If you're still looking for navigators I know I posted a link for moms a few pages earlier. If the link doesn't work any more or you can't locate it here is a the same link:

http://allears.net/cruise/ships/dream/navigators/navs.htm

Thanks for the link! :) I had checked it out before and noticed that they all say "Cruise Casual" for evening attire. That's why I was curious. But you're probably right, the semi-formal night will probably be on the sea day.

Anybody getting off in Nassau? What excursions are you looking into doing? We are thinking about the Atlantis Beach Day, but skipping out on the beach and heading straight to Atlantis. Has anyone done this before?

Thanks for the link! :) I had checked it out before and noticed that they all say "Cruise Casual" for evening attire. That's why I was curious. But you're probably right, the semi-formal night will probably be on the sea day.

Anybody getting off in Nassau? What excursions are you looking into doing? We are thinking about the Atlantis Beach Day, but skipping out on the beach and heading straight to Atlantis. Has anyone done this before?

Ah yes. The whole "cruise casual" debate. :lmao: I love whenever those threads pop up on the cruise boards.

I don't think we'll be getting off at Nassau. I wanted to in the beginning and initially the Atlantis aquarium held my interest but DBF and his family had already done it before so I scrapped it.

Then I started researching and nothing really caught my interest other than the museum and gardens tour. Then I read reports that said that crime had gone up there and things that had happened. Sometimes research can kill some things for you and I am such a paranoid person that I would be to busy worrying about someone pick pocketing me or something than enjoying myself.

Than again this could also happen any where. I'm sure if I watched my local news channel as religiously as I researched I would never leave the house! :scared:

I've posted in the thread before, but we now have our official count of people going.

Jerry (will be 38 by cruise date), Sharon (DW), Katy (DD 7), and Brighid (DD will be 3 by cruise date). Celebrating both Sharon's and Brighid's birthdays. Stateroom 9176. 2nd Disney cruise for us adults, first for the kids.

Everyone else below - first Disney Cruise. Unknown room numbers yet - or at least they didn't tell me...

Extended party of DFather-in-Law, DMother-in-Law, DSister-in-Law.

Then there's the DAunt and DUncle.

And friends I conned into going with us as well. They're a DH, DW, and DD (4).

Undecided on FE yet. I'm sure if Katy has any say in it, we will.

Now to get back to looking at pictures of the Fantasy...

My DD will be 14 when we go on the cruise. The last cruise we went on, she met up with a friend her age online (through their parents) and they talked a little before the cruise and then made quick friends at the clubs, swimming, etc. Would anyone be interested in this?
This is a great idea. My DD16 is so excited about her 1st cruise. I dont think she ever imagined that it would be a Disney cruise. I will ask her how she feels about connecting w/ some of the kids that will be going on the same cruise as her. I will get back w/ you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter