Dream 9/14/15 4 night

Has anyone been able to find a reasonably priced (one way) rental from the port to MCO on the 18th? We have never paid more than $40 and each company that I've looked at is over $100! Thanks!!

Rental car prices are insane! At least in the Orlando area. (Of course we need a 6+ passenger vehicle so that doesn't help!). We need it for the day before and a few days after the cruise and we're bringing my son's car seat. I priced out every rental company, every conceivable option, and for us the best option was to rent a minivan thru Hertz using my DH company discount and keeping it (parking at the port) while we're on the cruise. Seems crazy, but in a way I'm happy to be able to leave any luggage we won't need and DS seat - a little less to lug onto the ship. But I keep checking prices to see if there's a cheaper option and I'm just blown away at how pricey renting a car is in that area. Hope you find a deal!

It's just crazy! I've never paid this much for a one way rental leaving the port. It may be beneficial for us to get a van too since we will be traveling with my husband's brother and his family. Our flight is late on Friday. If it was earlier we would probably just take the DCL bus. We usually use Budget when we go to FL. This will be our first time renting a car seat but thankfully that's only $9-12 bucks. I will let you know if I find any good deals!
Rental car prices are insane! At least in the Orlando area. (Of course we need a 6+ passenger vehicle so that doesn't help!). We need it for the day before and a few days after the cruise and we're bringing my son's car seat. I priced out every rental company, every conceivable option, and for us the best option was to rent a minivan thru Hertz using my DH company discount and keeping it (parking at the port) while we're on the cruise. Seems crazy, but in a way I'm happy to be able to leave any luggage we won't need and DS seat - a little less to lug onto the ship. But I keep checking prices to see if there's a cheaper option and I'm just blown away at how pricey renting a car is in that area. Hope you find a deal!

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Hello to everyone - especially my Fish Extender friends!

1. People have been asking if we are having a Meet'n'Greet onboard. I am certainly open to the idea and would love to meet so many of you BUT I will not be the person to plan it out. I have way to much going on right now and I'm running out of time before vaca. I would love to participate in one but some other AMAZING soul will have to step forward. :rolleyes1

2. You have until the end of July to put your fin on the FE list or get me your complete info so I can officially add you. Below is a list of those who have given me all I need and those who are missing a few key pieces.

:jumping2:The Happy List:jumping2:

Dacampe
Bks135
Zammusselman
Rachelmj
Bama0914
Sleeping Princess

:bounce:The "Not Quite As Happy" List:bounce:

Amanda0218 - Please provide me with your room number.
Sweet Tarts - Please provide me with your room number.
HSmart - Please provide me with your room number and the names and ages of those participating in the FE.
Karen6th - Please provide me with your room number.
Lilmom4- Please provide me with your room number and the names and ages of those participating in the FE.

**It is possible that you have provided this info in a previous post. If that is the case, just let me know.

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

1. People have been asking if we are having a Meet'n'Greet onboard. I am certainly open to the idea and would love to meet so many of you BUT I will not be the person to plan it out. I have way to much going on right now and I'm running out of time before vaca. I would love to participate in one but some other AMAZING soul will have to step forward. :rolleyes1

2. You have until the end of July to put your fin on the FE list or get me your complete info so I can officially add you. Below is a list of those who have given me all I need and those who are missing a few key pieces.

Dacampe
Bks135
Zammusselman
Rachelmj
Bama0914
Sleeping Princess

HSmart - Please provide me with your room number and the names and ages of those participating in the FE.
Lilmom4- Please provide me with your room number and the names and ages of those participating in the FE.

**It is possible that you have provided this info in a previous post. If that is the case, just let me know.

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:
When do you expect to provide the FE list? The end of July? When provided, will the gender and ages of the children be provided too? If possible, I would love to know everyone's favorite Disney character :)

Dacampe
Bks135
Zammusselman
Rachelmj
Bama0914
Sleeping Princess

Thanks for organizing this for us! Is it possible to get a preliminary list for the FE? I am making my gifts (so much fun, by the way) and I want to get an idea of the number of children and adults. :) Thanks!

Hi to all.

Just booked this sailing and we are very excited to take our first cruise! It's me, my wife, and our 2 year old son (who won't stop talking about meeting mickey!).

One question (and I know its probably been asked 100000 times, so I apologize).. is the terminal parking worth the added cost, or we should we look to park off site?

Thanks all!!

Hello all! This is our first Disney cruise and we are so excited. Hubby and I will be celebrating 10 years and grandma will be in her own room with the kids! We would love to be added to the FE list and I'm already scouting out ideas for it!
Room # 9126
Seth 32
Rachelle 30
Evamarrie 55
Aurora 4
Declan 11 months

I've never cruised before so I'm not sure about terminal parking rates but from what I understand you can pay a hotel in the area to park there for $6 per day which is substantially less than the terminal and most offer complimentary transportation to and from port. Just a thought.

Now...welcome LadyShip!!! I'll add you to the FE list today. The official list will be finished the last day of July and I'll make sure that you're on it. For those of you who want a copy of what I have so far, send me a message with your email and I'll send you what I have.

Also, I love, Love, LOVE the idea of finding out favorite characters! If you are part of the FE, and have that information, please post or send it to me and I'll add it to your list.

Thanks,
T

We are also doing MNSSHP after (the 18th).

We are also going on the 18th!!! YAYAY!! It is so worth it.. We LOVE the MNSSHP, even more than MVMCP!

@ jstuartys One question (and I know its probably been asked 100000 times, so I apologize).. is the terminal parking worth the added cost, or we should we look to park off site?

- This will be our 5th cruise and we always park at the terminal.. Granted we live in Tampa (so we drive to the cruise that morning) - I have looked at parking at other places and for us - it isn't worth it.. We like coming off the ship and walking to the garage to get in our car and leave... No stress about having to find travel to another location to get car.. I believe you can prepay for the parking now to.. My DH didn't seem interested in that, but I know some people like to pay for everything in advance..

SO EXCITING!!! Can't wait for this cruise.. YAY!! :) :) I have already started planning out our outfits and FE gifts.. :yay::yay::yay:

76 Days Left! EEK!:flower1:

Also, I love, Love, LOVE the idea of finding out favorite characters! If you are part of the FE, and have that information, please post or send it to me and I'll add it to your list.
Thanks,
T

Our Favorite Characters:
Christine: Aurora / Minnie
Jeremiah: Star Wars
Scarlett: Belle / Elsa

I've never cruised before so I'm not sure about terminal parking rates but from what I understand you can pay a hotel in the area to park there for $6 per day which is substantially less than the terminal and most offer complimentary transportation to and from port. Just a thought.

Now...welcome LadyShip!!! I'll add you to the FE list today. The official list will be finished the last day of July and I'll make sure that you're on it. For those of you who want a copy of what I have so far, send me a message with your email and I'll send you what I have.

Thanks,
T
Our favorite characters:
Zach: Mickey Mouse/Star Wars
Michelle: Minnie Mouse/Ariel
Caetlyn: Rupunzel/Elsa

I would love a preliminary FE list. Is there a way to message you privately or just post it on here?

Thank you again for arranging this for us!

Hey this is Karen6th with reply to FE
Room number 9152
two kids; Brayden 6, Kelsey 9

Dacampe
Bks135
Zammusselman
Rachelmj
Bama0914
Sleeping Princess

Thanks for organizing this for us! Is it possible to get a preliminary list for the FE? I am making my gifts (so much fun, by the way) and I want to get an idea of the number of children and adults. :) Thanks!

If we can find out gender of kids too, please? Just to be sure. You can't always tell these days!

Also, my daughter, Bella (age 3), LOVES Minnie Mouse and her cat Figaro!

party:WooHoo!!!! All checked in! :dancer:

Congrats! Great feeling isn't it!

Hi all! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. Hope those that are making FE are having fun.
I'm sure all that have children on the cruise will be at sailaway by the main pool. It's a lot of fun.
Wondering if those without children on this cruise will also be doing the same? We may be looking for another
place outside, away from the main pool area (perhaps upstairs or an outside bar) to celebrate sailaway while still
being able to be with the crowd, just not in it. If anyone is doing the same, let us know.

For our NYE cruise, I participate in our FE Group and made little beach bags that I put on Disney Dream and our cruise date.
It was so much fun and it was great coming back to our cabin each day/night finding new things!

Happy planning everyone!

Thanks,
T

Dizmom6, will you send me a private message so I can send you my email? It won't let me start a conversation. thanks!

Thanks,
T

Awesome! I will send a private message with my email address. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter