• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Burke Bags

In addition to the World of Disney Store at DTD/DS, the store in DHS on the right side at the end of Sunset Blvd. (can't remember the name of it) and Uptown Jewelers in MK, I believe some or all of the Deluxe resorts sell them in the gift shops. I know I've seen them at a few resorts but I can't remember specifically which ones -- though I'm pretty sure I saw them at Grand Floridian. The problem with just going to one place to buy a bag is that the won't all necessarily have the same patterns. When we were there in June, I only saw the Haunted Mansion bags at Uptown Jewelers. I usually look at Uptown Jewelers, World of Disney, and the shop at DHS throughout the week and then on our last day I go back to the store that has the bag I decided to buy on that trip.

The promo isn't good on Dooney & Bourke bags :( But I did get the Disney Visa Discount (10%) on the D&B Haunted Mansion bag at Uptown Jewelers when we were there in June.
I'll definitely have to look around and pick my favorite design! I just know I want one this year! Hahahah I've been seeing them online and I decided that I'd break down and get one while we're there! Hahaha

If they are sold out in park stores, it is often a good idea to check with some of the hotels. Many people forget that some of the hotels have them as well.

If they are sold out in park stores, it is often a good idea to check with some of the hotels. Many people forget that some of the hotels have them as well.
Thanks for that tip! I didn't even know hotels sold them too! I'll have to keep that in mind! :)

Thanks for that tip! I didn't even know hotels sold them too! I'll have to keep that in mind! :)

Sure! One bag I picked up for my wife was unavailable in any of the park stores, but I remembered seeing it in one of the hotels. That has proven to be helpful on more than a few occasions.

There were several styles of HM bags available. There's also a great selection at Cherry Lane in the Marketplace in DtD.

Sure! One bag I picked up for my wife was unavailable in any of the park stores, but I remembered seeing it in one of the hotels. That has proven to be helpful on more than a few occasions.
do you remember by chance, what hotel it was? i'm sure not ALL hotels sale them haha TIA

My only advice is know that once you have one...you'll need more. I now have 3 and my obsession is only growing. Have fun!
I'm SOOOO worried this will happen with me! hahaha i just bout a Disney Vera Bradley cross body bag for while we are in the parks, but ive always wanted a Disney Rooney and im afraid once i get one, every time i go down after that i'll have to get another one! hahah

Since there's a store at my local outlet mall, I've gotten into the habit of calling any store that's "Something & something" Dooney & Bourke, it's become a joke among our family
i'm not sure i'd get the regular Dooney bags, I just want the Disney collection hahah i always seem to justify me spending a lot of money better if i can blame it on Disney! :rotfl2:

I own at least 3, maybe 4 or it could be 5, none of the HM though because they were all a little big for me. I tend to get the letter carrier or little barrel style and have had no problems with any of them. Then again, I'm a huge ole Dooney fan and I think I own more than 20 but that might be on the low side.
I don't own any Dooney bags, I'm more of a Michael Kors girl, but i know i want a Disney Dooney...i'll have to get the bigger bag though because i carry so much in my regular bag, i'm afraid the letter carrier or the small ones wouldn't be big enough...but if i'm getting a Disney Dooney, i want to make sure its big enough that everyone knows what im carrying and i'll be able to carry it often so it'' have to hold all my "junk" hahaha

I've seen them at the contemporary resort, grand Floridian, Polynesian, animal kingdom. Epcot magic kingdom and Hollywood studios.

Also try to visit the Disney warehouse on I-4 there are two locations.

But they are everywhere. And I can't wait to buy another.
thanks for the info about the hotels...i'll have to keep that in mind. now, was the designs pretty much all the same? or did they differ depending on the park/hotel?

There were several styles of HM bags available. There's also a great selection at Cherry Lane in the Marketplace in DtD.
I'm trying to hit up the place with the best selection. I'm not sure which one I really want, since i'm sure there are several selections out. Are the selection different based on what park/hotel/area you're in? there was one in particular i know i really liked so far and that was the one with all the parks of Disney world on one bag, it had the tree of life, the castle, mickey ice cream ears, a few other things on there, but that one was my favorite so far, since it combined all the parks together and it was something i love!

I'm trying to hit up the place with the best selection. I'm not sure which one I really want, since i'm sure there are several selections out. Are the selection different based on what park/hotel/area you're in? there was one in particular i know i really liked so far and that was the one with all the parks of Disney world on one bag, it had the tree of life, the castle, mickey ice cream ears, a few other things on there, but that one was my favorite so far, since it combined all the parks together and it was something i love!

I think they one you're talking about is the Disneyana pattern! I love that pattern too!

30052.jpg

According to the Shop Parks app, you can find them at these locations:

MK - Uptown Jewlers
DHS - Keystone Clothiers
Epcot - Mouse Gear
AK - Disney Outfitters
DTD - Marketplace Co-Op, World of Disney
GF - Summer Lace

If I don't find the Runway Princess one, I'd definitely get this one. It's so cute!

I recommend going to Cherry Tree Lane in Downtown Disney which is next to the Guest Relations spot. It is in the boutique area at the back. This is a PURSE only store so it has all the selections as well as the Veras and and non-Dooney bags. I found a great Mary Poppins print non-Dooney bag with the Cherry Tree Lane logo there.

I recommend going to Cherry Tree Lane in Downtown Disney which is next to the Guest Relations spot. It is in the boutique area at the back. This is a PURSE only store so it has all the selections as well as the Veras and and non-Dooney bags. I found a great Mary Poppins print non-Dooney bag with the Cherry Tree Lane logo there.

Seconded. And if you don't find the print you want at Cherry tree Lane you can pop next door to World of Disney.

If you don't have time for DTD, Mouse Gear in Epcot tends to have my favourite selection.

Have fun!!

I have thought about ordering it online but I've heard you don't always get the pattern you see online and so it's best to buy it in person! :)

This is exactly why I bought my sketch wallet in person at Uptown Jewelers! The CMs were so nice and took out every single wallet they had in that pattern and let me choose.

Besides Uptown Jewelers, I know GF and Contemporary have them as well as the store on Hollywood Boulevard in HS. We also saw them at World of Disney. I personally liked Uptown Jewelers because it was very calm inside and I didn't feel rushed to spend time looking. They also had a really nice selection! I just had my package sent to the front of the park and picked it up on the way out.

Wanted to add: Uptown Jewelers had a very nice selection of Vera bags as well, and some other brands (forget the names now).

I think they one you're talking about is the Disneyana pattern! I love that pattern too!

30052.jpg

According to the Shop Parks app, you can find them at these locations:

MK - Uptown Jewlers
DHS - Keystone Clothiers
Epcot - Mouse Gear
AK - Disney Outfitters
DTD - Marketplace Co-Op, World of Disney
GF - Summer Lace

If I don't find the Runway Princess one, I'd definitely get this one. It's so cute!
Yes! This is the one!!! I love this one mainly because it's got ALL of Disney in one bag!!! Thanks for the list and I'm getting that app! I didn't know it existed! Hahaha

I wonder how I managed to miss this store in DTD last time we went down! Hahaha I don't remember a purse store! I'll have to make sure to definitely stop by there this time around! Thanks!

Seconded. And if you don't find the print you want at Cherry tree Lane you can pop next door to World of Disney.

If you don't have time for DTD, Mouse Gear in Epcot tends to have my favourite selection.

Have fun!!
We're planning on spending the majority of our first day at DTD so hopefully I'll be able to get the purse I want! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter