Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts! 21 DAYS OF FOOD: Updated with 13 NEW Reviews!! 01/31

Thank You :) I should really stop writing these at lunch time, when all I have is my sandwich!!

I am too excited to go back to Disney, a little gutted that we can't go back there this year, but it means we'll get our dream wedding next year :)

Hi Nicki!!

Oh my gosh! Look at those reviews!! I've just realised that I've missed out on a whole boatload of your wonderful live reviews!! Off to catch up!!

Sci-Fi's burgers are really good, as are the milkshakes! We would definitely go back!

I love your reviews too and the best pictures and descriptions...your description of Sci Fi was dead on...we loved it! Keep the food coming!

50s Prime Time Cafe

I was so excited for this one as we love Prime Time! I admit though, I was still pretty full from that huge burger at Sci-Fi lunchtime - but there was no way I was going to miss out on 50s!

There always seems to be a rather long wait here, so we checked in and headed to the bar to order some drinks. I couldn't find a cocktail menu on the bar as it was packed with people ordering drinks and eating, so I ordered a beer for DF and the only cocktail I knew for sure they sold, which of course is the Glowtini :)

We'd almost finished them by the time we got called, and I think this was one of the longest waits we had. The only thing I can say is, I wish we'd gotten a livelier server. Twice we've gotten really nice servers, but no antics :( It's still fun watching the others though, and I love the theming and the food!

img2203ti7.jpg

Cute 'kitchen' tables

img2205et3.jpg

Cute theming!

We more or less knew what we were going to order: We ordered the onion rings to share to start with. Beer Battered Onion Rings - served with Horseradish sauce
img2212uf3.jpg

We'd eaten quite a few already!

img2213ig9.jpg

Onion Rings

I think we were regretting this as soon as we got it - the onion rings were delicious as we couldn't stop eating them! There were quite a few on the plate, and they were big as well. The horseradish dip that came with them was very mild for horseradish, which was great for me as I don't really like horseradish - but anyone who does might be disappointed. It was just enough to give them that extra flavour. We both looked at each other after we were done and we knew the other was thinking we shouldn't have got an appetizer!

For mains, we both ordered the Mom's Old Fashioned Pot Roast - Slow cooked 'til fork tender, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. I got this last year whilst Els got the steak, and whilst his was good, we both agreed mine was the best.

img2215mp0.jpg

Pot Roast

img2216vw7.jpg

LOTS of meat!

This was no less tastier than last year! Definitely order this! There is soooo much meat, I swear this was all meat with a spoonful of mash! The meat is so tender and practically hasn't got any fat. I'm quite fussy with fat and don't like it on my plate at all. Despite being fit to burst, I believe we ate it all!

Dessert next, and we both declared we were too full for dessert - how about a milkshake instead? We were given the dessert menu anyway and I was very pleased to note we got the viewfinders! We didn't get these last year, so photos were called for:

img2218el8.jpg

Choosing a dessert

img2228bc4.jpg

Milkshake please!

I think Els ordered a chocolate milkshake, whilst I had to try the PB & Jelly milkshake. They came and they were huge! There was enough shake in that thing to make 2 full large glasses!

img2232qd4.jpg

Almost lost my spoon!

img2233az7.jpg

PB & Jelly!

img2235pc4.jpg

Milkshake!

The milkshakes are sooo good here! The PB&J may sound weird, but it really is very nice! It tastes like peanut butter cups :) I think I got way to greedy here, and DF loves to recall this story to our friends. After the lunch we had, and then gorging ourselves at 50s, the milkshake was the final straw... it was so good I was drinking it quite quickly, before something came over me and we had to leave NOW or I was going to be ill. I made DF go pay whilst I ran over to the bathroom, but it was packed so I just splashed some water on my face and went back outside for some fresh air. I was so scared I'd be sick in the middle of the restaurant and I could just smell everyone's food. Despite us planning to stay here til closing, I told Els I had to leave the park immediately or I'd be sick. He loves telling the story of how I ate so much I was sick and had to leave DHS :headache: I couldn't stand the smell of peanut butter for days :laughing:

H RATING: 8/10
E RATING: 8/10
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? Yes - I'd just eat less next time! We both really like the theming and food, it's nice to have some 'home cooked' food after a lot of fried stuff and burgers. I'm looking forward to taking my parents here, I think they'll like it!

Love the picture of the desserts taken through the viewfinder. I would never be able to get my camera to focus correctly like that.

Sorry your evening was cut short. I've experienced that myself, although not at Disney. We were out to dinner with someone else who was trying to entertain us quite lavishly (and they did a great job, I might add!) and when my DW and I tried to share an appetizer or dessert they insisted we each get our own. After multiple courses we had eaten so much, and were so full, that that night I laid in bed prepared to make a dash for the bathroom. I learned the meaning of the word, "gluttony"!

Anyway, I'm planning to make an ADR for 50's Prime Time for our late-June/early-July trip. I will be ordering that pot roast for sure! (You sold me on it with your last trip report.)

I'm gonna have to go back to 50's PTC :thumbsup2 You reminded me of how much I loved the pot roast and the viewfinders :goodvibes

that 50s PTC food looks soo good!! I have never seen a picture of the inside of the viewfinder very nice! That sucks that you were so full that you had to leave, I know about plans being cut short like that very well, lol you're never gonna be able to live that one down.. that is until he does it!!:rotfl:

Great reviews :thumbsup2 Can't wait for more!

Thanks for the pics of the Primetime Cafe! I've always wanted to try it but haven't found the time yet! So many restaurants, so little time...:rolleyes1

I can't wait to try that PB&J milkshake in May! YUM! And I think you inspired me to change from the meatloaf to the potroast!:thumbsup2

I once ate until I was sick in a restaurant . . . had to rush to the mens restroom as the ladies had a line!!!! A bit embarrassing . . .:rotfl2:

Never eaten so much I felt sick but I drank a couple of drinks on an empty stomach at Rainforest Cafe a couple of years ago and nearly embarrassed myself in the middle of the restaurant. DH was not impressed with my behaviour :guilty:

Glad you enjoyed 50s Prime Time again - your pot roast looed so much better than DH had on our last trip (the first time he had it, he loved it - last time it wasn't as good).

I'm so glad I found this review, it's so good!! You could easily be the Welsh Samantha Brown if she ever leaves the travel channel. I was kind of on the fence about trying 50's Prime Time Cafe, but after reading your review I can't wait to go. I would love to have Wonka Vision for especially that pot roast. Also the PB&J milkshake sounded strange, but now I have to have one. My DH looked at your review for 50's Prime Time and now he insists on going for the PB&J milk shake.

50's Prime Time is so yummy! I can't wait to go in 2 weeks. Thanks for the review! DH and DD will love the PB&J shake. They are peanutbutteraholics! DD even eats PB on her waffles!:thumbsup2

Just read all your reports so far and loving them, thanks very much for sharing. That pot roast looks soooo good! We are scared of antics so have never been (!), but the food and theming always looks so good.

Laur's xx

hurrah! you didn't leave us hanging, glad you are back! love your food reports

im super jealous you got engaged and will be getting married at disney! how exciting!

50's Prime time looks amazing!!:cool1: DF and I are going there for the first time this year on our Disneymoon and I'm so excited !

Awesome reviews!!! You have me so excited for 50s PTC. We have never been there. can't wait to try the pot roast.

Fun reviews! :cutie: And congrats on your engagement!

It’s reassuring to know that someone else is still working on their August dining reviews in March. It gives me hope that I may one day finish mine too….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter