Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts! 21 DAYS OF FOOD: Updated with 13 NEW Reviews!! 01/31

hi hayley! your august 07 dining review was one of the first three dining reviews i read when i joined the dis in feb 08! i thought you and ur bf were sooo cute. when i saw that you started a pj on the wedding boards i got sooo excited! lol and i was also in disney in august of 08 and i was so looking forward to trying to the figaro fries and so was my bf....well they were a definite let down...i was hoping it was just a bad batch but i guess not :sad2
well i can't wait for the rest of your reviews!!!:woohoo::banana:

Thank you so much for reading! And thanks for sticking with me! I haven't given up again, post coming right up!! We love 50s PT, hopefully you will too! I love the Pot Roast, it's literally all meat!!

Hey Lynnie! Nice to see you over here too :teeth:

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (POFQ) - Breakfast

I was up really early this morning, probably because we'd come back quite early last night and got to bed early! There was another 30mins or so before our alarm went off, so I decided I'd get dressed and head down to the food court to pick up some breakfast for us, for when DF got up.

I got served almost straight away at the counters, and I picked up some Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Bacon and I believe the King Creole Breakfast Platter: Mickey Waffle, Biscuit, Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes and Bacon. I got a bottle of OJ to go with breakfast, and 1 water, 2 Powerades to keep in the fridge for later.

img2242rr3.jpg

Pancakes and Bacon

img2244wq0.jpg

Breakfast Platter

I also got some ketchup and syrup at the Food Court which was nice. Of course it wasn't as good as Kona's breakfast but it was OK and we ate whilst we changed. It is good for 2 counter service, as we got 4 drinks. I would have liked some sausage on the platter.

H RATING: 6.5/10
E RATING: 5/10
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? It was ok for a counter service breakfast, I'd grab something quick here in a hurry for breakfast.

Great update! Can't wait to go back to Port Orleans!

Speaking of which . . . less than a month until I go and I need to see all of your reviews beforehand I'm afraid!! Need to know I have picked some good places! :goodvibes

I so glad I found this thread.

You helped me plan our wedding trip food wise and now your posts will keep us going to our next trip. Not long now!

Hi! I just caught up. I am loving your reviews so far! I might try 50s PTC on my next trip now.

Congratulations on your engagement!!:goodvibes

Wondeful reviews - Thanks for sharing!! Looking forward to more.

Just found your food report! I read your other trip report from last year. I should have never read this report! I am trying to diet and that food looked sooo good! I am now craving a hamburger. I'll have to check out your wedding PJ...I soo want a vow renewal at WDW or some caribbean island....maybe at 15 or 20 yrs?? Gives me more than enough time to save for it. LOL!

I love those Disney chocolate chip pancakes - Disney is the only place in the world I would have chocolate for breakfast!

Laur's xx

Thank you very much for all the comments! Apologies I've been AWOL for a while! GOOD NEWS is we've booked a very last minute trip to Orlando for next month!! Bad news in we're not going to Disney, so no dining reviews :( Of course, I can do some I Drive ones!! Hopefully we'll be eating at Earl of Sandwich (love it!) and if I can get an ADR for my site visit (for wedding planning) date then we'll be doing Kona too. Just a short 10 day trip, and the Disney tickets are too expensive for our last minute budget, so we're doing Universal instead - I'm excited though!! And of course we'll be back at Disney next year for the big one ;)

On with the show!

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (POFQ) - Lunch

We'd been to Blizzard Beach this morning, until about 2, so we decided to back to POFQ for lunch. DF hates eating in water parks, sitting there in your shorts, dripping wet, with hot food in your face. It happened to be a boiling hot day today as well, the first real hot day since we'd arrived and we'd turned a bit red, so it was time to go back!

Dinner wasn't too far away, so we decided to share lunch since we'd already had breakfast anyway. Apologies in advance for the rubbish photo, but we only had our underwater digi which had ran out of batteries at BB! I was trying my best to snap a quick shot before the camera went off again!

We both shared a Cheesesteak Sandwich (no peppers!) and fries, a drink, and I can't remember for the life of me what we got for dessert! I think we got 3 Beignets, but Els didn't like them. I thought they were nice, the powdered sugar went everywhere!!

pict0099kx6.jpg

Cheesesteak

It was just enough to tide us over until dinner time, and the Cheesesteak was lovely!

H RATING: 8/10
E RATING: 8/10
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? Yes, we did! It's really good if you don't want a full sit down meal, or if you want to eat before getting to the park. It's quite quiet in the middle of the day so we got served straight away.

Tony's Town Square - Dinner

Tonight we were looking forward to a dinner at Tony's, before going to meet some friends off another Disney Forum (UOG) for the fireworks cruise :) This was also our last meal as a dating couple, as DF proposed about an hour afterwards ;)

We've never waited more than 5mins here, and we practically almost walked in.
img2255da8.jpg

Els in the waiting area

We had a lovely table near the fountain which was nice!
img2259gr1.jpg

img2257rk2.jpg

Knowing there would be bread on the table, and having stuffed our faces for the first few days, we declined an appetizer and just ordered a couple of cokes.

img2260nt7.jpg

The bread - this is different to last year's, where the dip was tomatoey rather than olive oil

For our mains, we both went for the steak - NY Strip Steak with Port Wine Sauce, Baked Romano Cheese Potatoes and Broccolini
img2262a.jpg

The steak was good - strip steak wouldn't really be my cut of choice, but I thought it was a good cut for it being a strip. The sauce was nice but I don't remember the potatoes being particularly cheesy. I think this was the problem with the meal - it was nice, but not memorable... I had to look at the photo to see what came with the steak and I can't really remember what it tasted like.

For dessert, Els got the Tiramisu - espresso soaked lady fingers, whipped mascarpone and dark chocolate shavings
img2264uf3.jpg

I think the presentation is cute on this one.

For dessert, I got the seasonal sorbet, which happened to be apple.
img2268sc1.jpg

It was nice, but there was a lot of it for a sorbet! You could tell it was freshly made however, as there was some apple pulp in there.

H RATING: 6.5/10
E RATING: 7/10
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? We loved Tony's last time, and we liked it this time - probably because we ate at so many great places this time, this just fades from memory. It was nice enough that I would eat there again, but probably not on the next trip as again, there are so many great places out there.

i have never heard of apple sorbet. Interesting! That strip did look really good!

On with the show!

We'd been to Blizzard Beach this morning, until about 2, so we decided to back to POFQ for lunch. DF hates eating in water parks, sitting there in your shorts, dripping wet, with hot food in your face.

We both shared a Cheesesteak Sandwich (no peppers!) and fries, a drink, and I can't remember for the life of me what we got for dessert! I think we got 3 Beignets, but Els didn't like them. I thought they were nice, the powdered sugar went everywhere!!

I am sooo with DF on eating in the waterparks! Yuk!
I am soooooooooooo NOT with him on the beignets!!!!!!!!! He go crrrrrazy!:goodvibes

Hayley--I can't believe I've missed this much of your dining report and then to add to the horror, I missed your engagement announcement! I am so horrified!!!!! Congratulations, and keep the reviews coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter