Don't lie ladies who had 80's hair!?

Ugh, shoulder pads, we looked like quarter backs,lol.

Anyone recall the neon colored clothes? I just couldnt go there ha ha.

What is crazy how some trends come back, neon bright clothes I.think it was last summer I recall telling my dd that the 80's wanted that look back.

What is crazy how some trends come back, neon bright clothes I.think it was last summer I recall telling my dd that the 80's wanted that look back.

But if you look back I know you had so much fun in that era! Yes the trends come back - what I've recently seen is one shoulder exposed trend I said wow 80s are here !

Oh I loved me some 80's!!!!

I rocked what my friends called the "waterfall". I teased my bangs and then fluffed them through my fingers. My bangs literally looked like a waterfall was coming down my forehead. And I did this on purpose! :lmao:

And, of course, I had the wings! What's a waterfall without wings? ;)

My attitre was very 80's too. Big, boxy sweatshirts
image.jpg

and pegged Guess jeans.
image.jpg

Oh yeah! And don't forget the Esprit book bag
image.jpg

to carry your Trapper Keeper.
image.jpg

Oh I'm getting nostalgic. I loved the 80's!!!

I never had the straight up, teased bangs, but I did have several other 80s hair trends:
-the bi-level cut where one side was cut very short, and the other side swooped down over one side of the face. My high school senior picture look.
-the super short, "undercut" hair with a long "tail", dyed white, in the back.
-the spiral perm. Not a great look for me.
-the "bob"- all one length about chin length, with bangs. Very big in the South on sorority girls, complete with a HUGE hairbow perched on the back of the head.
-a variation on the "bob", anchorwoman hair. It was the bob on steroids- basically, it was M'Lynne's hair from Steel Magnolias, a brown football helmet. Teased and sprayed to within an inch of its life, it was the Southern version of Jersey girl Mall Hair.

I rocked the big 80's hair and loved my banana clips too. Like a pp, we ruined the walls and counter tops in the bathroom with all of our hairspray. It literally was impossible to breathe after my mom, sister and I were done "doing" our hair.

Any other hot roller users? My mom was a big fan so we were taught early how to use them. I would like to try them again, but don't want to spend the money.

80'snight.jpg
Umm, this is 80's Night for a friend's birthday a couple of years ago. I'm the goofy one on pink crutches. My hair just refused to stand up :crazy: with hair spray -or do anything else I wanted. Not sure what happened to these photos- my guess is alcohol was involved. :rolleyes: There were about a lot of people there and we had a DJ doing all 80's.

To be truthful, yup, I did. (And still sort of do - not quite that bad, tho! What can I say, I am not a "flat hair" type person!) :rotfl2:

My grandmother had a huge beehive in the early 70s! One time my uncle thought he was being funny and flicked his cigarette ash into her teased up hair and it started wafting out smoke like a volcano.

My grandmother and me on my first birthday in 1969. This was her 'daytime' beehive. The one for nights out was something like a foot tall:
1stBday_1.jpg

My mom had a collection of wiglets in the late 60's, early 70's that she plopped on top of her head to make her beehive taller. I remember as a little kid, walking around the house with one of them on my head, being a "grownup". She wore a modified version of the Jackie Kennedy bouffant pageboy flip back then.

Neon Clothes. I don't know if it was the 80s, but I remember that Ocean Pacific surf shorts started to become big at some point. I bought some neon ones. As I recall they stayed Neon for about 3 washings. And if you washed underwear with them, your underwear turned neon. And they were throwing shoulder pads in men's suits at some point.

Although to be honest, compared to bell bottoms, avocado and puke gold, and many of the 70s color combinations, the 80s don't seem so bad. We saw a new car painted Avocado a couple years back and thought Oh no. But fortunately, it didn't really catch on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter