• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Don't lie ladies who had 80's hair!?

I was rocking the 80's hair! Wish some of that would come back in style now.
I'm so over everyone just having long poker straight hair, lets bring back some styles!

We had the saying 'The higher the hair, the closer to God'.

Reactions: Kae
I was a 70's girl so obviously had the Farrah Fawcett look! Didn't quite look like the famous poster, tho!! :tongue:

I also graduated in 77, but I went with the Dorthy Hamell. I did let it grow out and I permed it in the 80's, but I never had what you would call 80's hair.

Yep, some girls went with the Dorothy Hamil look after she won the gold medal in 1976. But their hair was too short to change when the Farrah look became all the rage.

In case there are any young'uns here who don't remember.

dorothy hamil.jpg farrahhair.jpg

I had the Dorothy Hamill cut when I was a kid, not by choice

And Farrah was beautiful, but I wanted to look like Jacklyn Smith.

Oh, I had the Dorothy Hamill cut in the 70s. Sort of. My dad took me to his barber and had him cut it. The barber had obviously never cut a young girl's hair before so I wound up looking like Beaver Cleaver. I also, in the early 70s, rocked a Carol Brady.

Hairspray... my girlfriends and I used so much that there really is no valid reason that we didn't start on fire when we walked by people who smoked. The cloud literally followed us for hours. Perms...Sun in and peroxide added to the mix and it is a miracle I still have hair today.

I had the spiral perm but never really had the wall bangs. Oh and I used Sun In in my very dark brown hair...it turned orange and then I got the perm. It was bad.

My hair in the 80s wasn't really big, but it was massively long, almost to my knees! I used to spend an hour drying it and pulling it straight. Now I don't fight the curl--I just go with it.

Attachments

• 10513528_838918432786341_1046063316323572185_n.jpg
    10513528_838918432786341_1046063316323572185_n.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 9
I had the "Molly Ringwald"... color, cut... the whole deal.

She is known as Molly Ringworm in my house:rotfl2: Not sure why, just one of those goofy things that started and never ended:rotfl: Yep, I also was rocking Farrah hair, perms and banana clips! I was more the Madonna look with the lacy gloves and Olivia Newton-John with the sexy sweat band:banana:Don't you think that the 80's were the last decade that really had a "look"? What kind of look do you associate with the 90's or 00's?

The 90's:.crimped hair, the "Rachel", pig tails ala Britney Spears.

90s had the evolution to where we h e boring flat ironed hair. Even though the 80s hair was extreme it was so different that it made it iconic. You immediately know your in the 80s when you see this hair and shoulder pads.

The hair is cool so I can understand - what I never will is shoulder pads now that was nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter