Don't lie ladies who had 80's hair!?

I was in the adult world when the huge mall bangs/big hair came into style in our area. I had biggish hair but not "80's" hair.

I'm a child of the 80's, but no 80's hair for me. I wasn't interested in having all that sticky gross hairspray in my hair. I prefered my hair to look clean and shiny. Lots of girls in my class had hair like that, though.

The trick in my neighborhood in the 80's ( I was 17 in 1985) was to stick a comb in your bangs and hold them straight up and spray the Aqua Net until they were frozen in place. Sticking straight up. We all looked like we were perpetually being frightened by something. And I'm sure if I bent over and ran straight at someone hair first I could have killed them with my bangs they were so hard.

I also worshipped Bono at this time, so I copied his preferred 80s hairstyle which was, unfortunately, a mullet. So I had a bangs sticky straight up mullet.

Ok Sebastain Bach of Skid Row,

Brett Michaels of Poison,Jon BonJovi, i cant recall this guy but I tthink he was in the band Europe, Nikki Sixx Motley Crue, David Coverdale of Whitesnake. Oh the memories of going to concerts, thank you.

Joey Tempest - Yes, he was the lead singer of Europe. :)

I was in high school in the late 70's. Mine was more of a Farrah Fawcett do.

I was in high school in the late 70's. Mine was more of a Farrah Fawcett do.

It seemed like half the girls in my HS class (1977) switched to a Farrah style halfway thru senior year.

It seemed like half the girls in my HS class (1977) switched to a Farrah style halfway thru senior year.

It was definitely all the rage. And a better trend than 80's hair IMHO.

I totally had 80's hair, like fur shure.

Spiral perm with straight bangs that went straight up. DH had a mullet. We got married in 92 and were still recovering from our 80's hair.

Yes.

Oh, such a shame we didn't have digital cameras back then. I simply can't post a picture now. :scared:

I was a child of in the 80's and already had the big hair going. My mom had my hair permed and I had the bangs.

My mom's hair style system for herself and me:

1. Take top half of bangs and use a curling iron to curl them up and backwards.
2. Spray with hairspray while curling... and after... and then just a little more.
3. Curl the bottom half of the bangs downward
4. Repeat hairspray routine.
5. Let sit for a few minutes... I don't know why
6. Use a comb and pick to fluff hair bangs as much as possible in every direction possible.
7. Empty can of hairspray "setting" hairstyle.

I have some great school photos of this hair style.... :headache::headache:

I also graduated in 77, but I went with the Dorthy Hamell. I did let it grow out and I permed it in the 80's, but I never had what you would call 80's hair.

I was born in 1975 and had straight flat hair, but achieved the look for a punk rock Halloween costume with the help of a more knowledgeable older cousin and a bottle of aqua net. :sad2: :lmao: My husband is 4 years older though and he had Flock of Seagulls hair. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter