Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photopass photographer is in the lobby today! Yay!! Wishing happy holidays to all you Lodge travelers :) We had a wonderful stay!
Did you guys do WCC? I thought you mentioned you were going to. Crab cake off the menu? TIA

Did you guys do WCC? I thought you mentioned you were going to. Crab cake off the menu? TIA
We didn't see the regular menu. I thought today would have a Thanksgiving dinner as a choice, but that was actually the only choice. And the only dessert was pumpkin pie. So for 4 of us, it was $160 plus tax, and I was the only one who had dessert. I think they should really offer at least two choices--I mean, you get three meats and only one dessert. Anyway, sorry for not thinking to ask about the regular menu! I was kinda hung up on that photographer thing :/

We didn't see the regular menu. I thought today would have a Thanksgiving dinner as a choice, but that was actually the only choice. And the only dessert was pumpkin pie. So for 4 of us, it was $160 plus tax, and I was the only one who had dessert. I think they should really offer at least two choices--I mean, you get three meats and only one dessert. Anyway, sorry for not thinking to ask about the regular menu! I was kinda hung up on that photographer thing :/
No problem. Thanks for the reply!

It hasn't closed?
there is a notification above the workout facility on this thread that say it reopens in October. I took that to mean it was closed. Post #20 "Sturdy Branches Health Club will be closed July - October 2016."

You can dress up and ask someone to take your picture in the lobby. When we stayed at the WL in Dec 2013 there was a really cute Christmas display with bears. People were constantly asking strangers to take their pictures with the bears. The little bridge is another good spot for a cute picture. And I liked the little Christmas trees. None of those places have PhotoPass photographers but all of them make a nice picture. And don't forget the villas building. That resort has several fireplaces which are trimmed with Christmas decorations.

We'll be stopping by the WL in the next two weeks and can't wait to see it all decorated for Christmas.

And Kook, when you get a chance, we moved our March trip up a day. Our new dates are March 24 to 29th, 2017. Thanks. :)

Looking forward to your LIVE status report and I'll get your date changed. Where are you staying?

there is a notification above the workout facility on this thread that say it reopens in October. I took that to mean it was closed. Post #20 "Sturdy Branches Health Club will be closed July - October 2016."

It was supposed to have closed from July - October, however, guests reported in the summer that it was still open. I don't know if it ended up closing later than planned and therefore, will re-open later than planned or if the closure was canceled. We haven't gotten any guest updates since the summer. I do know the spa treatments (massages/facials) located within Sturdy Branches is closed during the construction.

We were there early October and Sturdy Branches was still open.

Staying at WL in about a week. Does anyone know what time Roaring Fork opens for breakfast? I've seen 6 AM and even 7 AM in a couple of places. According to a Disney check-in email they state 6 AM but I'm seeing 8 AM in the dining information. An opening time of 8 AM is too late for most of our days.

Last edited:
Hi all! Quick post to say we checked in today. Sorry if this has been reported already but I can confirm the new Old Faithful Club (Club Level, 7th floor) is open. It's our first time staying CL here so I don't have anything to compare it to, but so far it gets two thumbs up from this family.

Will post a few pics when we get back.

Looking forward to your LIVE status report and I'll get your date changed. Where are you staying?
We're staying at the GF for a quick, four night trip starting Dec 3rd. We will be having breakfast at Trail's End one morning and plan to come by the lodge and check things out. :)

Hi all! Quick post to say we checked in today. Sorry if this has been reported already but I can confirm the new Old Faithful Club (Club Level, 7th floor) is open. It's our first time staying CL here so I don't have anything to compare it to, but so far it gets two thumbs up from this family.

Will post a few pics when we get back.
I can't wait to hear all about the new OFC and see your pictures.

Staying at WL in about a week. Does anyone know what time Roaring Fork opens for breakfast? I've seen 6 AM and even 7 AM in a couple of places. According to a Disney check-in email they state 6 AM but I'm seeing 8 AM in the dining information. An opening time of 8 AM is too late for most of our days.

Last month it was open at 6. I was able to get coffee and a snack prior to boarding the boat at 7am.

If anyone is at Wilderness Lodge right now, we are checking out, we can't take a twin air mattress with us. I can leave it at the front desk

I have read a few reviews about the noise level from standard rooms in particular not having not much soundproofing (as in you can hear others normal conversations, flushing etc...) Has anyone experienced this? I know you can have noisy neighbors anywhere but we are super light sleepers even at Disney!! I am not concerned with the construction noise or WCC, just the noise from other rooms during normal quiet hours (11pm through 7am). Thank you!!!!

I couldn't hear anything from the rooms next door and very little EVER from the hallway. Well, there was a toddler crying loudly in the hallway once on the way to their room, but they went right by our door and then gone. Now, we could definitely hear the geyser every time it went off and could hear the water pageant clearly--we were near the water--but it didn't bother us.

I have read a few reviews about the noise level from standard rooms in particular not having not much soundproofing (as in you can hear others normal conversations, flushing etc...) Has anyone experienced this? I know you can have noisy neighbors anywhere but we are super light sleepers even at Disney!! I am not concerned with the construction noise or WCC, just the noise from other rooms during normal quiet hours (11pm through 7am). Thank you!!!!
We haven't had much of a problem with hearing people in rooms next to ours, but sometimes you can hear the water noise that the high pressure toilet makes when someone flushes it.

Will there be any construction for the holiday season this year like there was last year in the main lobby?

Has anyone found a good (meaning at least 30%) discount for the WL during Jan and Feb?

I received a PIN Code from Disney. I logged into myDisneyExperience, searched for hotels for the dates I wanted, updated my MDE account, then literally like the next day, I got a PIN Code for 30% off, which included Wilderness Lodge. We just booked Standard Rooms for $213 a night (before taxes) on weekdays in February. It was $230 a night for the weekend. January might have been even cheaper, I don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter