Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my mom was sorting some old photo albums, and she found in one of them old Disney World paper tickets for her and I. And guess what? They still had days on them! In total, we have three days each from tickets from 1991 and 1995. After contacting Disney, they are still good and we just have to turn them in at guest relations at one of the parks to get the tickets transferred to RFID tickets. About the same time, I received a 30% off PIN Code from Disney, and low and behold, Wilderness Lodge was part of the discount. I have stayed at WL before, but my mom has not, so we decided to book from Feb.5-11 at WL in a standard room.

I've been tracking the construction. From my understanding, the Standard rooms are all on the North Wing and will view the construction, but don't they also view fireworks from higher floors? And my mom is a people watcher, so she might actually find the construction entertaining. Has anyone had issues with noise issues in the evenings/mornings in those rooms?

The last time I went, we started off in a VWL studio, but had room issues, and we were moved to a Courtyard View room, North wing, 5th floor, so I didn't have to make any room requests. So what is a good room request and any recommendations on the best way to make that request?

I received a PIN Code from Disney. I logged into myDisneyExperience, searched for hotels for the dates I wanted, updated my MDE account, then literally like the next day, I got a PIN Code for 30% off, which included Wilderness Lodge. We just booked Standard Rooms for $213 a night (before taxes) on weekdays in February. It was $230 a night for the weekend. January might have been even cheaper, I don't remember.
My sister got a pin code sent to her too, but I got it here. I bet it's the same one you got...for 30% off. We want the last of Jan./first of Feb. I would like a standard room too, and don't mind looking at the construction. I'm gonna be in the lobby more often anyway! I'll call about the pin code, if they let me call in place of my sister. (I'm the "designated trip planner"~lol)

Sorry if this has been answered, but we're planning to check out the holiday decorations at the resorts this weekend. Just wondering if WL has there's up. Thanks!

Excited to be checking in on Sunday! I'm celebrating my twins 5th Birthday there, anything I should do prior to help celebrate them at the hotel?

Excited to be checking in on Sunday! I'm celebrating my twins 5th Birthday there, anything I should do prior to help celebrate them at the hotel?

I have heard that you can order birthday cake and possibly even decorate the room before the rest of your party arrives. To be certain, you should call the WL to see if that is possible. I read something of the sort somewhere else, but I am afraid I cannot remember where. Happy birthday!

I have heard that you can order birthday cake and possibly even decorate the room before the rest of your party arrives. To be certain, you should call the WL to see if that is possible. I read something of the sort somewhere else, but I am afraid I cannot remember where. Happy birthday!
You can have a cake delivered to the room (search for the "cake chatter" thread for TONS of info on ordering a cake in WDW). Disney Floral & Gifts also offers in room celebrations.

To add to the PPs, if you want to have a personalized cake make sure to call NOW to arrange. The "Cake Hotline" is 407-827-2253. There is a cutoff of a few days out where you can get it personalized.... if you miss the deadline your only option is a generic cake. I waited too late for DD over the summer and couldn't get it personalized.

I have done the Disney F&G thing too before (did it for DS's 5th). They have various in-room celebration packages, many are shockingly expensive just to warn you.

Make sure to get birthday buttons when you check in and wear them your whole trip.

Have fun!

There was some sort of drilling going on (out of sight but not earshot) in the front of the lobby somewhere around where the TV is on Sunday 11/20. Didn't hear or see any other lobby construction the rest of the week.

Does anyone have any idea when the beach may become available? I know they are working on the pool area and the beach has been closed. Just wondering when the beach construction may be finished.

Does anyone have any idea when the beach may become available? I know they are working on the pool area and the beach has been closed. Just wondering when the beach construction may be finished.
Well, Daisy, I don't know that the beach will return. As it is the spot where I met my wife several years ago, I do hope it does. However, given the footprint of the new QS there and based on the artist's rendering that's been making the rounds, I can't say there will be a beach area anymore. I do hope I'm wrong.

Well, Daisy, I don't know that the beach will return. As it is the spot where I met my wife several years ago, I do hope it does. However, given the footprint of the new QS there and based on the artist's rendering that's been making the rounds, I can't say there will be a beach area anymore. I do hope I'm wrong.

that is a nice place to meet your wife! Very cool.

Well, hopefully whatever they make in that area will look nice.
I'm sure Disney will make sure it looks great.

Does anyone know what floors the courtyard view rooms are on? The only rooms available for my time period are standard and courtyard.

I don't take elevators so I would prefer floors 1-3. I do not know which room to book to have a chance at a low floor. The low floor is more impt to me than a view but if the courtyard view rooms could be on floors 1-3, I would consider booking that. I am assuming some standard rooms are on floors 1-3 but I could be wrong. This is my first stay at WL, been to Poly in the past. So I am new to the resort.

Thanks much for your help

Does anyone know what floors the courtyard view rooms are on? The only rooms available for my time period are standard and courtyard.

I don't take elevators so I would prefer floors 1-3. I do not know which room to book to have a chance at a low floor. The low floor is more impt to me than a view but if the courtyard view rooms could be on floors 1-3, I would consider booking that. I am assuming some standard rooms are on floors 1-3 but I could be wrong. This is my first stay at WL, been to Poly in the past. So I am new to the resort.

Thanks much for your help

There are Courtyard and Standard rooms on floors 1-6. There are many more Courtyard View rooms than Standard on each floor. Check out the map at the top of post #3 of this Thread to see what I'm talking about.

that is a nice place to meet your wife! Very cool.

Well, hopefully whatever they make in that area will look nice.
I'm sure Disney will make sure it looks great.
It is. . .was a very endearing place to meet. The actual spot was the north side of the walkway running in front of the Teton Bike/Boat Rental building. It was lightly raining, though the sun was also peeking out, and she was simply stunning. We were married at the Lodge, and of course, we had one of our wedding pics taken at the very spot we met. Sadly, now it looks as though that spot will disappear once all is said and done.

Are the wagon rides still running with the construction? I'm curious if they go through the decorated campsites like the sleigh rides do? I read that you need to line-up earlier than the required 7:30 for an 8:30 departure (what do you do for an hour?) and that the 8:30 ride is a fireworks ride and you only look at the decorations for 15 minutes. Is that true? Has anyone done this recently? We would be doing this on Wednesday Dec 14th if it makes any difference.

Are the wagon rides still running with the construction? I'm curious if they go through the decorated campsites like the sleigh rides do? I read that you need to line-up earlier than 7:30 for an 8:30 departure (what do you do for an hour?) and that the 8:30 ride is a fireworks ride and you only look at the decorations for 15 minutes. Is that true? Has anyone done this recently?

The construction is at the Lodge not the campground. So I don't think it should affect the rides at all.

I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge in March and I have a few questions:
Are there a list of Courtyard rooms with King beds? I'm hoping to request one
How fast is the pool slide? Will my 3 year old be able to go on it? He loved the slide at Kidani but we were not comfortable with the slide at Boardwalk because we saw kids around 5 getting turned around on it.
Do all rooms have balconies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter