Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge in March and I have a few questions:
Are there a list of Courtyard rooms with King beds? I'm hoping to request one
How fast is the pool slide? Will my 3 year old be able to go on it? He loved the slide at Kidani but we were not comfortable with the slide at Boardwalk because we saw kids around 5 getting turned around on it.
Do all rooms have balconies?
My inlaws had a king courtyard.

I haven't been on that slide in 10 years so I forget but I think its middle of the road compared to other resorts.

Almost all have balconies/patio.

Ill be there in March too!

It is. . .was a very endearing place to meet. The actual spot was the north side of the walkway running in front of the Teton Bike/Boat Rental building. It was lightly raining, though the sun was also peeking out, and she was simply stunning. We were married at the Lodge, and of course, we had one of our wedding pics taken at the very spot we met. Sadly, now it looks as though that spot will disappear once all is said and done.
The Teton boat rental building is still there. You can see it in the construction photos. But the lovely trees that shaded that spot are gone. :( That is s lovely story, by the way. ::yes::

I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge in March and I have a few questions:
How fast is the pool slide? Will my 3 year old be able to go on it? He loved the slide at Kidani but we were not comfortable with the slide at Boardwalk because we saw kids around 5 getting turned around on it.
Do all rooms have balconies?
I've never seen a published list but I've heard that they aren't too many rooms with king beds. The best you can do is ask for one.

Our three year old granddaughter loved the WL pool slide. She didn't get turned around in it. She stayed upright. They also have the kids splash pad, which would be a lot of fun for him.

The Teton boat rental building is still there. You can see it in the construction photos. But the lovely trees that shaded that spot are gone. :( That is s lovely story, by the way. ::yes::
Yes, the building is there; however, the spot across from it (near where the playground set rested) is gone. My wife thinks they'll leave a small strip of beach between the new QS and the water; however, I'm far more pessimistic. Thank you for the comment, and yes, it was a very lovely setting when we met. To say it was similar to gauzy-filmed, feel-good moment from a movie might be a bit much. . .but it was close. ;)

Hi WL folks. Got back earlier this week from a short WL Club Level trip. We had the good fortune of getting to experience the new Old Faithful Club lounge, which in my opinion is VERY well done. I posted some pics and reviews of the food offerings over in the Club Level forum here:

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

I'll be posting some more pics of the new lounge over there at some point.

Come check it out if interested. Thanks!

Hi WL folks. Got back earlier this week from a short WL Club Level trip. We had the good fortune of getting to experience the new Old Faithful Club lounge, which in my opinion is VERY well done. I posted some pics and reviews of the food offerings over in the Club Level forum here:
Thanks for posting those pictures. I'm curious about the sitting area. What does it look like?

We initially got a King bed room with courtyard "view", about half way down the corridor. But we asked to move. We didn't like the ground floor room as there was less of a view, also children running on the grass. Also the king bed room was an accessible room and I didn't like the bathroom set up, only a single sink and of course a roll in shower. We were happier in a two queen bed room on the fourth floor with a standard bathroom layout.

We initially got a King bed room with courtyard "view", about half way down the corridor. But we asked to move. We didn't like the ground floor room as there was less of a view, also children running on the grass. Also the king bed room was an accessible room and I didn't like the bathroom set up, only a single sink and of course a roll in shower. We were happier in a two queen bed room on the fourth floor with a standard bathroom layout.

Sounds like the same room I had in October. Wasn't a fan either.

Our three year old granddaughter loved the WL pool slide. She didn't get turned around in it. She stayed upright. They also have the kids splash pad, which would be a lot of fun for him.

The splash pad also has some smaller, shorter slides attached to the play structure.

hmm, I'd definitely like a bathtub.

Is there enough room for a pack and play or inflatable toddler bed in a room with 2 queens?

To add to the PPs, if you want to have a personalized cake make sure to call NOW to arrange. The "Cake Hotline" is 407-827-2253. There is a cutoff of a few days out where you can get it personalized.... if you miss the deadline your only option is a generic cake. I waited too late for DD over the summer and couldn't get it personalized.

I have done the Disney F&G thing too before (did it for DS's 5th). They have various in-room celebration packages, many are shockingly expensive just to warn you.

Make sure to get birthday buttons when you check in and wear them your whole trip.

Have fun!
Thanks!! Got the cake for our California Grill birthday dinner!!

With 43 days to go, we bit the bullet and booked our first day at WL for Jan. 14-22! My mom and I stopped by in 2015 for dinner at Whispering Canyon and fell in love. With the AP discount factored in it was just $400 more to stay at WL over POFQ and really there was no question. Now I'm wrestling over upgrading from our standard view up to CL and letting my mom think we were graced with pixie dust for the second time....

With 43 days to go, we bit the bullet and booked our first day at WL for Jan. 14-22! My mom and I stopped by in 2015 for dinner at Whispering Canyon and fell in love. With the AP discount factored in it was just $400 more to stay at WL over POFQ and really there was no question. Now I'm wrestling over upgrading from our standard view up to CL and letting my mom think we were graced with pixie dust for the second time....

How much would that upgrade to CL be?

GADisneyDad14 posted a great review on the CL thread with the new CL lounge look and feel.

If the upgrade cost is not too high and you have enough resort time for using the lounge, you should really take it into consideration.

If you're going to do CL, WL is one of the better places to do it, financiallly speaking. It's often a better "deal" compared to other CLs, IMHO, without the materially higher prices of the monorail or Epcot resorts.

Note that many (all?) of the "standard view" CL rooms actually have a reasonably good view towards the MK and fireworks. Might be a good time to try it before Disney (maybe?) makes these TPV rooms in the future.

As @Liberator said, I just posted a bunch of pics over on the CL thread starting here: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

You'll have to scroll through a few posts, I took a lot of pics.

Short summary, the new Old Faithful Club literally just opened and we really enjoyed it!

How much would that upgrade to CL be?

GADisneyDad14 posted a great review on the CL thread with the new CL lounge look and feel.

If the upgrade cost is not too high and you have enough resort time for using the lounge, you should really take it into consideration.

It would be $1,300, most of which I have saved. I went through the last twenty pages or so of this thread and absorbed everything about the current construction and CL, which is what made me go "yes, I think she will love that" as there is now plenty of seating away from the railing looking down over the lobby. Basically right now I'm doing that fuzzy Disney math where I know we're going to enjoy it, but is it worth the amount of enjoyment.

If you're going to do CL, WL is one of the better places to do it, financiallly speaking. It's often a better "deal" compared to other CLs, IMHO, without the materially higher prices of the monorail or Epcot resorts.

Note that many (all?) of the "standard view" CL rooms actually have a reasonably good view towards the MK and fireworks. Might be a good time to try it before Disney (maybe?) makes these TPV rooms in the future.

As @Liberator said, I just posted a bunch of pics over on the CL thread starting here: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

You'll have to scroll through a few posts, I took a lot of pics.

Short summary, the new Old Faithful Club literally just opened and we really enjoyed it!

I saw your pictures and the ones @Liberator took. Everything basically took cons out of the con column and moved it into the pro column. How was the elevator situation? Neither of us are that opposed to walking to/from our hotel room to the Lounge and down to the lobby, but in my reading it seemed a bit of an inconvenience.

Without going back and reading everything, we are considering going 3/3-3/11 to WL standard Club level, what will be going on with construction? Any interferences with lobby,main pool, jacuzzis, restaurants?
Thanks so much

We are looking hard at WL for Labor Day weekend 2017 4 nights MK only trip this time. We stayed at the Contemporary last year and loved the walk to MK, but it is just too pricey. It will be my wife, me, two girls (5 and 3) and my parents. We are looking at WL because of the closnes to MK, but is the location to MK worth the higher cost? Is the boat ride/ bus ride really that much more convenient then let's say POR bus ride?

It would be $1,300, most of which I have saved. I went through the last twenty pages or so of this thread and absorbed everything about the current construction and CL, which is what made me go "yes, I think she will love that" as there is now plenty of seating away from the railing looking down over the lobby. Basically right now I'm doing that fuzzy Disney math where I know we're going to enjoy it, but is it worth the amount of enjoyment.

I saw your pictures and the ones @Liberator took. Everything basically took cons out of the con column and moved it into the pro column. How was the elevator situation? Neither of us are that opposed to walking to/from our hotel room to the Lounge and down to the lobby, but in my reading it seemed a bit of an inconvenience.

So... the elevator situation. There is only one elevator bank working in the whole place, the north elevators, which you have to walk down the long hall past Roaring Forks to get to. When it comes to CL and getting to the CL lounge, it would be materially easier if the lobby elevators were open. This wasn't the end of the world, but it's not ideal.

BTW, I am a big fan of fuzzy Disney math. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter