Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at Wilderness lodge now. Came back from dinner at the Bouthouse and the Magical Disney Faries are hard at work putting up the Christmas decorations!!!

AwEsOmE :cool1:...I hope you got to watch their work. Amazing...DD and I stayed up until 2 AM last year before we MADE ourselves go to bed. That 6 AM alarm came quickly for a 7 AM rope drop :faint: but it was SO worth it! ::yes:: :tink:

I still need a room for a third night at the lodge. What are the chances of a courtyard view (queen or bunk bed) opening up for Thursday night on December 1st? I have a standard view in my cart but I'm too afraid it will be a terrible view of construction. Will there be a better chance when it gets closer to 5 days because that is when cancellations have to be made?

Last edited:
I still need a room for a third night at the lodge. What are the chances of a courtyard view (queen or bunk bed) opening up for Thursday night on December 1st? I have a standard view in my cart but I'm too afraid it will be a terrible view of construction. Will there be a better chance when it gets closer to 5 days because that is when cancellations have to be made?

Maybe... But are you better off knowing for sure you have a room at WL for the night you need it? From what I've seen around, many of the standard view rooms now have a lovely castle or contemporary resort facing view. The construction thread might be helpful for what you could expect a view of. However, just be aware that others have reported construction even in the courtyard (at the QS outdoor seating) so chancing the wait on a courtyard view may also get you a construction view. Personally if it were me, I'd book the standard view, keep an eye out for a courtyard view to become available, and very sweetly ask the CM checking me in if any rooms are available that would not overlook the construction when I arrived and could make puppy dog eyes in person.

You may get a construction view but chance are in your favor that you won't. The wing were most work is being done is not open to guests. We've had standard rooms over the last year with no construction views (3 stays).

You may get a construction view but chance are in your favor that you won't. The wing were most work is being done is not open to guests. We've had standard rooms over the last year with no construction views (3 stays).

What was your view of? From what I've read on here I thought a lot of the standard view rooms were facing the contemporary and magic kingdom where they are building cabins?

Whodatdisney - Thanks for sharing your pictures

Last edited:
We're in a room overlooking the pool and the Roaring Forks patio construction. I think (and I've only stayed here this one time) any room that looked over that area would still have a very nice view of the rest of the area. Maybe a super low floor wouldn't, but on 5th it's still great.

For anyone who's there NOW, would you mind asking at the front desk if there will be any Photopass photographers at the resort next week (and when) AND if the Wonders of the Lodge tour will run on Thanksgiving Day. Would appreciate this so much!! Thanks!!!

Spoke to CM this PM, no plans for photopass photographers at WL until 2 weeks prior to Christmas

They may have one there on TG day however

This is different from prior years IIRC as I distinctly remember getting photopass pics at many resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter