Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I don't think that Frontier is on the list of Participating Airlines, so can I still take Magical Express to my Disney Resort? how?

I don't think that Frontier is on the list of Participating Airlines, so can I still take Magical Express to my Disney Resort? how?

Bumbershoot and goofy4tink both told you that participating airline doesn't matter for arriving and that it only matters for going back to airport:

When arriving, the DME people just pull the bags with the DME yellow tags from behind the scenes. There are no participating airlines for arrival.

This thread will likely give more info on the RAC side of things, which is where using a participating airline comes into play.

This is from the first page of the 'DME and RAC FAQ' stickied thread here...

• * Airtran Airways
      * Alaska Airlines
      *American Airlines
      *Delta
      *Jetblue
      *Southwest
      *United
      *US Airways
I can't say if Frontier has been added. If someone knows, for sure, could they let me know and I'll add them to the list. SW has been a participating airline for quite awhile now.
And just so that there are no misunderstandings......participating airlines matter ONLY when you are leaving your WDW resort and returning to MCO. The airline you arrive at MCO on doesn't matter at all. It is only for departing airlines and the ability to check your bags at your resort, with RAC, and get your boarding passes.

I apologize...sometimes I 'think' I'm clear but because I know the answer, I sometimes might not word it correctly for those without prior knowledge. So, with that in mind.....
As far as using DME to MCO, for your ride to your WDW owned resort, anyone, and everyone, that has an existing DME reservation tied to their resort reservation, is able to use DME to get to their resort. They can arrive on a 'participating' airline, they can arrive on an airline that isn't listed as 'participating', they can arrive by car (as in someone drops them off at MCO), they can arrive on a yak.....it doesn't matter. As long as you have that reservation for DME listed, you can ride the bus, and have your bags delivered if you tagged them with the yellow luggage tags.

So, if this is the case, when is 'participating' airline going to matter? Good question. When you are ready to leave your resort, and head back to MCO, if you want to check your bags at your resort, and get your boarding passes issued, you must be flying home on one of the listed 'participating' airlines! This service is called RAC....Resort Airline Check-in. This is the ONLY thing that matters regarding 'participating' airlines. If you choose not to check those bags, and then take them with you, on the DME bus? That's fine. And about riding that DME back to MCO? Doesn't matter what airline you're flying home on....everyone can ride the bus.

DME and RAC are two different entities. You can use RAC if you don't ride the bus back...and vice versa. You can use RAC if you have a rental car, or choose to use a car service to return to the airport. The only thing that matters with RAC is that you are flying on a 'participating' airline and you are staying at that WDW owned resort.

Hope this helps!!!

Help!! I am a new one to DME, and I keep seeing "sign up" for the DME. We are wanting to take it on our upcoming trip, but I am not sure I signed up for it. Do you pre sign up for it? Thanks for the help.

Help!! I am a new one to DME, and I keep seeing "sign up" for the DME. We are wanting to take it on our upcoming trip, but I am not sure I signed up for it. Do you pre sign up for it? Thanks for the help.
You can go in to Change Reservation on your MDE account and it gives you a chance to add flight info there.
You can call the reservation line and give them your flight info
There is a website (that I find does NOT work in Chrome) where you can sign up yourself
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

Question for you guys that have been down this road...if I need more tags, how soon do I have to call DME and order them? We're moving our dd down to WDW in Sept....doing the DCP. We're each taking two bags, on SW. So, I'll need three more tags!! I know DME doesn't get our reservation until closer to the trip, so I don't want to call too early, but don't want to leave it too late!

I just received out DME luggage tags, and they put the wrong names on them (My husband and I have different last names, and they gave everyone my last name). Since the names on our tags clearly won't match our legal names (that we are flying under), will this pose a problem when check our luggage for our flight? I'm worried that there isn't time to get the luggage tags reprinted and re-sent. We leave in six days.

I just received out DME luggage tags, and they put the wrong names on them (My husband and I have different last names, and they gave everyone my last name). Since the names on our tags clearly won't match our legal names (that we are flying under), will this pose a problem when check our luggage for our flight? I'm worried that there isn't time to get the luggage tags reprinted and re-sent. We leave in six days.

The airlines aren't going to look at the DME tags - those only matter to Disney.

The airlines aren't going to look at the DME tags - those only matter to Disney.

Thanks for the reality check -- I wasn't sure and you never know these days what with all the TSA rules :) I called disney as well, and they said the same.

Question for you guys that have been down this road...if I need more tags, how soon do I have to call DME and order them? We're moving our dd down to WDW in Sept....doing the DCP. We're each taking two bags, on SW. So, I'll need three more tags!! I know DME doesn't get our reservation until closer to the trip, so I don't want to call too early, but don't want to leave it too late!
I'd go on and call now. Maybe they can update your file to show you need more
If you get them and you do not get enough call that day and request more
If you still don't get enough you just have to give the ME CM your claim checks and they will get your bags
I've done that on the last 2 trips and we got our bags without issue

If I were to book a flight that is scheduled to land at 9:55pm, would ME still deliver the luggage if I put tags on the bags and the flight is delayed? My thought was to put tags on 2 of the 3 bags we would check and pick up one at baggage claim to have it for the night (toiletries, sunscreen, and more clothes)

If I were to book a flight that is scheduled to land at 9:55pm, would ME still deliver the luggage if I put tags on the bags and the flight is delayed? My thought was to put tags on 2 of the 3 bags we would check and pick up one at baggage claim to have it for the night (toiletries, sunscreen, and more clothes)

I would say no because I would assume the DME employees are unlikely to wait around for a delayed flight. In fact, even with a landing time of 9:55, I wouldn't expect your luggage to get collected by DME employees because there's no way the luggage would get unloaded before 10.

That is too close to call for me. I hate bag pick up but I would at that time. Quite honestly if you are waiting on 1 bag bag why not wait on them all?

I'd go on and call now. Maybe they can update your file to show you need more
If you get them and you do not get enough call that day and request more
If you still don't get enough you just have to give the ME CM your claim checks and they will get your bags
I've done that on the last 2 trips and we got our bags without issue
Thanks. My issue is that to the best of my knowledge, DME really doesn't have the reservations this early. I'm afraid that if I call now, my request will get lost in the ensuing shuffle as I get closer to my travel dates. And then I'll have to call again. Perhaps I'll give them a call the end of July.

Is anyone else as confused as me on receiving all the DME info/tags separately? I mean, I got the travel company package brochure, and the magic bands with corresponding luggage tags all separate. Here we are 3 weeks away from our trip and we haven't received the yellow tags for the bags to make it to the room yet. I don't understand why this policy has changed. Even from 6 months ago. Called 3 times trying to get information and the last time was spoken to very poorly. Is this something i have completely failed to see? Anyone else in the same boat?

We always get the yellow tags separate from everything else
We arrive 4/12 and got ours yesterday. That is about normal so I'm not sure what has changed for you

We always get the yellow tags separate from everything else
We arrive 4/12 and got ours yesterday. That is about normal so I'm not sure what has changed for you

Its different this time for us. 6 months ago the only thing i got separate was the magic bands, everything else came in my travel package. This time, everything came pieced separately. I didn't know that was the policy and was trying to see if anyone else had this confusion.

Is anyone else as confused as me on receiving all the DME info/tags separately? I mean, I got the travel company package brochure, and the magic bands with corresponding luggage tags all separate. Here we are 3 weeks away from our trip and we haven't received the yellow tags for the bags to make it to the room yet. I don't understand why this policy has changed. Even from 6 months ago. Called 3 times trying to get information and the last time was spoken to very poorly. Is this something i have completely failed to see? Anyone else in the same boat?
There was a period of time where we saw DME stuff going out with the package mailings. But, for the most part, DME tags/info letter come on their own. They are mailed from a different place.
I would give it a few more days...if you don't get the yellow DME luggage tags by the end of the week, I would call DME to make sure they have you in their system! Better safe than sorry.

There was a period of time where we saw DME stuff going out with the package mailings. But, for the most part, DME tags/info letter come on their own. They are mailed from a different place.
I would give it a few more days...if you don't get the yellow DME luggage tags by the end of the week, I would call DME to make sure they have you in their system! Better safe than sorry.
Thanks for helping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter