Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I trust my travel agent... but.... when can I call and verify that DME and my flight are added to my trip. I know that Disney doesn't get the main reservation until just before you travel, but when does DME have the info? Out flight has changed twice, thanks to Delta's seemingly constant schedule changes, and I want to verify that the final flight info made it to DME.

I think you can call when you're within 60 days, but DME doesn't need to know the exact time you're arriving since you're not assigned to a specific bus. They do need the exact time of your departure flight, because then you are assigned to a specific bus.

I will be receiving the Welcome Package that includes a bar code transfer paper for the Magic Express.

The last time I used the Magic Express, the transfer paper say for people #1,2,3, just one transfer paper. Will not have Magic Bands as I am Canadian and the Magic Bands will be at the resort.

For this trip, our return flights are at different times. Last time, on our return to the airport, we had to hand the driver a Magic Express transfer paper that stated for #1,2,3.

How do we do it for the return flights for #2,3 if person #1 has the transfer paper and had left earlier?

I will be receiving the Welcome Package that includes a bar code transfer paper for the Magic Express.

The last time I used the Magic Express, the transfer paper say for people #1,2,3, just one transfer paper. Will not have Magic Bands as I am Canadian and the Magic Bands will be at the resort.

For this trip, our return flights are at different times. Last time, on our return to the airport, we had to hand the driver a Magic Express transfer paper that stated for #1,2,3.

How do we do it for the return flights for #2,3 if person #1 has the transfer paper and had left earlier?
Last week my friend and her sister were leaving on a flight that was 40 mins earlier than my flight. We were all on the same resort reservation. She had one paper for her sister and herself, and a second one for me.
For travel from MCO to your resort? I would make a copy of that paperwork and give a copy to the people that aren't traveling with the main group. Push comes to shove, you can always go to the DME counter upon arrival and get a transfer paper printed out for you. As long as you are listed on the resort reservation and have an existing DME reservation.

I'm sure my question is probably listed and answered, but can anyone tell me how far in advance do they send the yellow ME tags? My arrival is in 19 days, and I'm hoping they get here in the next week or so! Thank you!

Thanks.

I talked to my travel agent and she says since there is different flight times, we would both get a Magic Express package.
We have had several instances of people arriving on different flights, from different parts of the country, but listed on one room reservation. I have always received just one DME package....others have had to make do with photo copies. I was able to send MBs and copies of the letter, with DME luggage tags, to those on other flights.
But, policy may have changed in the last 6 months or so.

I'm sure my question is probably listed and answered, but can anyone tell me how far in advance do they send the yellow ME tags? My arrival is in 19 days, and I'm hoping they get here in the next week or so! Thank you!
Some of us have received our DME packets more than a month prior to travel. Others have had theirs in hand a few weeks prior to travel. I would double check with DME to make sure they have your reservation at this point.

Here's a tricky one:
We have a reservation at Chef Mickey's on the night of our arrival. There should be plenty of time but, if our flight is late and we don't think we can check-in at Art of Animation and get to Chef Mickey's in time, can we take MDE to the Contemporary Resort directly while our luggage goes to Art of Animation?

If that is possible, is our luggage held at Bell services because we don't have a room assigned yet? Or do they automatically assign us a room and deliver the luggage?

Thank You

No, sorry, you can only take DME to your own resort. If AoA and CR were on the same bus route, you could get off at CR, but since those are in different resort areas, I don't think it's likely they would be on the same route.

Hello-

First time poster.

I'm arriving on May 15 at 945am and staying at the CBR. When taking the DME, is it possible to get off at the first resort stop and just take a bus to the MK? I'm pretty sure the room will not be ready, and we don't have any carry on's. I will be doing the online checkin.

Thanks for the help

Has anyone used the yellow DME on pack and plays? We are checking them and just wondering if I can send them on to the hotel..... THANKS!

I'm arriving on May 15 at 945am and staying at the CBR. When taking the DME, is it possible to get off at the first resort stop and just take a bus to the MK? I'm pretty sure the room will not be ready, and we don't have any carry on's. I will be doing the online checkin.

Thanks for the help

I can't think of a reason why not!

My trip is just 17 days away, and I am still waiting for my MDE tags. I don't need the tags, because I am not checking a bag, but I would still like to have the MDE info in hand, when I arrive at the pickup area at the airport in Orlando. I do have our Magic Bands.

My Magical Express stuff came today. Now I am all set for my trip. All I have to do is pray for good weather, and low crowds.

Booked DVC resort for my inlaws and set up their flights/ME months ago. They leave on Thursday but didn't get luggage tags or ME booklet. I called DVC 2 nights ago and they did not have the flight info that I gave them months ago. She retook the info and said they'd express mail the stuff. I called DVC just now, inlaws are really anxious, and the booklet/tags were sent out yesterday. With express mail, when should they arrive?

What is the route from MCO to Beach Club
Not sure what you mean....do you actually mean the roads that the bus takes or what other resorts the bus will stop at? If it's the resorts, there's no way to tell until you get on the bus.....it can differ day to day.

Booked DVC resort for my inlaws and set up their flights/ME months ago. They leave on Thursday but didn't get luggage tags or ME booklet. I called DVC 2 nights ago and they did not have the flight info that I gave them months ago. She retook the info and said they'd express mail the stuff. I called DVC just now, inlaws are really anxious, and the booklet/tags were sent out yesterday. With express mail, when should they arrive?
DME tells us they need 10 days lead time to get packets out. If DVC is expressing it, your inlaws should be fine. If they don't get the packet before they leave, they can still ride the bus. All their info is in the system. I assume they have MBs already...so they should wear them at the airport. If they don't want to collect their bags at baggage claim, they can just give the claim receipts to the CMs at the DME counter...they will make copies and send someone to get the bags and get them on the luggage truck to the resort. Or, they can get their bags and bring them to the bus with them.

Not sure what you mean....do you actually mean the roads that the bus takes or what other resorts the bus will stop at? If it's the resorts, there's no way to tell until you get on the bus.....it can differ day to day.

DME tells us they need 10 days lead time to get packets out. If DVC is expressing it, your inlaws should be fine. If they don't get the packet before they leave, they can still ride the bus. All their info is in the system. I assume they have MBs already...so they should wear them at the airport. If they don't want to collect their bags at baggage claim, they can just give the claim receipts to the CMs at the DME counter...they will make copies and send someone to get the bags and get them on the luggage truck to the resort. Or, they can get their bags and bring them to the bus with them.
They are worried that their bags will sit on the carousel forever and might get stolen or pulled off by airport and lost. They also, being 70 and with health issues, would have trouble getting the luggage and dragging it to ME themselves. I hope the tags arrive by Thursday. Fingers crossed.

They are worried that their bags will sit on the carousel forever and might get stolen or pulled off by airport and lost. They also, being 70 and with health issues, would have trouble getting the luggage and dragging it to ME themselves. I hope the tags arrive by Thursday. Fingers crossed.
If, and that's a big if, the tags don't come in time, just make sure they have the airline claim receipts handy. When they get down to the DME level (1, ground transportation), they can just go right to the counter, and explain to the CM that they didn't get their luggage tags in time. The CM will ask for those claim receipts, and then someone will be sent to baggage claim to get the bags. Many, many people have had to do this....it works. Worst case scenario? The CM is tardy getting there, and the bags are pulled by the airline...and put into 'unclaimed bag' storage. The CMs are used to this happening....they go there, get the bags and send them on their way to the resort.
Luggage tags are best but if they don't come, there's no need to stress.

If, and that's a big if, the tags don't come in time, just make sure they have the airline claim receipts handy. When they get down to the DME level (1, ground transportation), they can just go right to the counter, and explain to the CM that they didn't get their luggage tags in time. The CM will ask for those claim receipts, and then someone will be sent to baggage claim to get the bags. Many, many people have had to do this....it works. Worst case scenario? The CM is tardy getting there, and the bags are pulled by the airline...and put into 'unclaimed bag' storage. The CMs are used to this happening....they go there, get the bags and send them on their way to the resort.
Luggage tags are best but if they don't come, there's no need to stress.
I get it but don't think they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter