Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Hi, I have a question. Has anyone recently used the luggage tags using Spirit Airlines to have your luggage sent to your room? I am pretty sure we did this last February but my friend said she couldn't do this in November.

Hi, I have a question. Has anyone recently used the luggage tags using Spirit Airlines to have your luggage sent to your room? I am pretty sure we did this last February but my friend said she couldn't do this in November.

I don't know why your friend couldn't do it because what airline you arrive on doesn't matter for arrival - it only matter for departure if you want to use RAC (Resort Airline Check-in). The only way I can think of that your friend couldn't do it is if her flight arrived after 10 pm.

I don't know why your friend couldn't do it because what airline you arrive on doesn't matter for arrival - it only matter for departure if you want to use RAC (Resort Airline Check-in). The only way I can think of that your friend couldn't do it is if her flight arrived after 10 pm.

Thanks so much! That's what I thought, that you can arrive on any airline and use the luggage service. She said a CM told her over the phone that she wasn't able to with Spirit. Either she misunderstood and maybe was talking about Airline check in which I know you can't do at the resorts with Spirit or the CM was incorrect. We are going next month so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!!

Thanks so much! That's what I thought, that you can arrive on any airline and use the luggage service. She said a CM told her over the phone that she wasn't able to with Spirit. Either she misunderstood and maybe was talking about Airline check in which I know you can't do at the resorts with Spirit or the CM was incorrect. We are going next month so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!!

It sounds like the CM was confused about what "participating airline" means, and thought it applied to arriving flights, not departing (or that is applied to both).

Thanks for this info, this is exactly what i clicked on this thread to find out!!! We usually fly Southwest, but their rates are a bit ridiculous right now, and we found flights on Frontier for about 2/3 of the price. Hubby wanted to pay the extra $500 to fly southwest so that our bags "magically" appear in our room (sorry, NOT worth $500!!!!!), but now I find out they DO! We just have to take them on the DME bus and check them in at ORlando. Totally worth the savings in my opinion!

Thanks for this info, this is exactly what i clicked on this thread to find out!!! We usually fly Southwest, but their rates are a bit ridiculous right now, and we found flights on Frontier for about 2/3 of the price. Hubby wanted to pay the extra $500 to fly southwest so that our bags "magically" appear in our room (sorry, NOT worth $500!!!!!), but now I find out they DO! We just have to take them on the DME bus and check them in at ORlando. Totally worth the savings in my opinion!

Just to clarify....you put the special yellow DME luggage tags on your checked bags at your home airport. When you get to MCO, you will go directly to the DME area, and board your bus. Your checked bags will be taken from the plane to a special area, to be loaded onto a special luggage truck, to be delivered to your resort room.
If you don't put the luggage tags on the bags, then you would go to baggage claim, upon arrival at MCO, and get your bags. Then you would bring them to the DME area and stowed beneath your bus. Then your bags will be given back to you at the resort. In that case, they won't 'magically' appear in your room.

Last edited:

Our trip begins this sunday, and we've yet to see the yellow luggage tags. We've received info packets, and one with coupons and such that show the details of the reservation, including the DME reservation details. It was booked direct, however it was less than 30 days ago(impulse buy).
I've read a good portion of this thread that indicates that it takes 3-4 hours for bag delivery. I assume that is still the case? We arrive at 8:10 pm is everything is on time. We don't plan to leave the resort on arrival night.
Previous non-disney trips to MCO have demonstrated a fairly lengthy wait at baggage claim(united).

Does this seem like a reasonable plan? Forget about about the yellow tags anyway. Arrive at MCO, grab a quick dinner, then to baggage claim to get bags, then to DME. We take the bags with us, which is a drag, but makes the most sense. I am aware about a gratuity to the bus driver for handling the bags.
Option 2, is that we hand our bag claim checks at the DME desk if they still do that, and have the bags delivered to the room. I'd rather not if they'll be arriving after 11pm.
My 7yo son, isn't aware of this trip yet. The hope is to make it a surprise at our home airport. He thinks I have to leave on business which I do a lot. The gameplan is to surprise him saying he gets to come on the trip(along with his mom/my wife). Explain it's in florida, there is a pool....but NOT Disney. Then surprise him by getting on the bus. He's been twice before and is smart enough to know what yellow tags with mouse ears would mean in conjunction to a trip to Florida.

Normally, we'd be in a rush to get on property. However, our later flight, and tight connection will result in hungry travelers by the time we hit the gate at MCO. While we'd be happy with the food at the resort, we are better off eating at the airport in terms of timing.

Our trip begins this sunday, and we've yet to see the yellow luggage tags. We've received info packets, and one with coupons and such that show the details of the reservation, including the DME reservation details. It was booked direct, however it was less than 30 days ago(impulse buy).
I've read a good portion of this thread that indicates that it takes 3-4 hours for bag delivery. I assume that is still the case? We arrive at 8:10 pm is everything is on time. We don't plan to leave the resort on arrival night.
Previous non-disney trips to MCO have demonstrated a fairly lengthy wait at baggage claim(united).

Does this seem like a reasonable plan? Forget about about the yellow tags anyway. Arrive at MCO, grab a quick dinner, then to baggage claim to get bags, then to DME. We take the bags with us, which is a drag, but makes the most sense. I am aware about a gratuity to the bus driver for handling the bags.
Option 2, is that we hand our bag claim checks at the DME desk if they still do that, and have the bags delivered to the room. I'd rather not if they'll be arriving after 11pm.
My 7yo son, isn't aware of this trip yet. The hope is to make it a surprise at our home airport. He thinks I have to leave on business which I do a lot. The gameplan is to surprise him saying he gets to come on the trip(along with his mom/my wife). Explain it's in florida, there is a pool....but NOT Disney. Then surprise him by getting on the bus. He's been twice before and is smart enough to know what yellow tags with mouse ears would mean in conjunction to a trip to Florida.

Normally, we'd be in a rush to get on property. However, our later flight, and tight connection will result in hungry travelers by the time we hit the gate at MCO. While we'd be happy with the food at the resort, we are better off eating at the airport in terms of timing.

With an 8pm landing, my preference would be to retrieve my own luggage rather than using the DME luggage service. That way you can have everything you need and not be concerned with when the luggage will be delivered.

I would get the bags myself. Your room will be ready, so you can get nicely settled.
Yes, it will add about 15-20 mins to your overall time if you get your bags. But it will be worth it.

I would get the bags myself. Your room will be ready, so you can get nicely settled.
Yes, it will add about 15-20 mins to your overall time if you get your bags. But it will be worth it.
My thought is that the added time is already built into the meal at the airport.
We'll go to the main terminal to eat. My son's pace while eating can be measured with a calendar. So while he takes his time to finish up, he can hang out with with Mom, while I fetch the bags. With any luck, he'll be done eating by the time I return with the bags. We'll then mosey on over to the DME.

Just back and had a "What the ?!" moment right off the bat in the ME bus line. Waiting for the Pop bus and a lady, her husband and three kids came marching down the lane next to us with about enough luggage to make you question if perhaps they were moving lock, stock and barrel to Disney. The mom is one of those "loud" talkers with her kids and the whole way down the line is hollering "Okay kids I need volunteers! I need someone to volunteer to help with the luggage tags!". Immediately my girls and I, well seasoned at this point in ME, after multiple trips, look at each other thinking "She can't mean...." ...yup, you guessed it. She was attaching the yellow DME luggage tags to her bags while standing in line for the bus. I so would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when she finally figured out she was a plane ride and possibly a thousand miles too late in asking for those volunteers. After one of her older kids finished choking the other (I mean full hands around his throat!) they got the tags on the mountain of luggage, ended up on our bus as we were sharing resorts, led a very loud rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus" with her children, and unfortunately got off at a stop after ours so I was unable to see if she thought the ME tags meant she just left the luggage under the bus. The husband already looked so tired....

I understand about people not being planners, not looking at even a single book or brochure about what you're getting into, but why, oh, why would you not at least read instructions for your transportation package? All I can think of is that she looked like she was pretty overwhelmed ....

By the way, this was the first time I actually had to wait 3 hours for my bag but it was Presidents Weekend and there were lots of groups coming into Pop too. I went to check on them just before the 3 hr mark only because we were heading out to the parks and didn't want to come back at midnight to find there was a problem. They were able to track where they were with no issue and actually were able to tell me how much longer it would be so I knew that at least nothing had been lost.

Just back and had a "What the ?!" moment right off the bat in the ME bus line. Waiting for the Pop bus and a lady, her husband and three kids came marching down the lane next to us with about enough luggage to make you question if perhaps they were moving lock, stock and barrel to Disney. The mom is one of those "loud" talkers with her kids and the whole way down the line is hollering "Okay kids I need volunteers! I need someone to volunteer to help with the luggage tags!". Immediately my girls and I, well seasoned at this point in ME, after multiple trips, look at each other thinking "She can't mean...." ...yup, you guessed it. She was attaching the yellow DME luggage tags to her bags while standing in line for the bus. I so would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when she finally figured out she was a plane ride and possibly a thousand miles too late in asking for those volunteers. After one of her older kids finished choking the other (I mean full hands around his throat!) they got the tags on the mountain of luggage, ended up on our bus as we were sharing resorts, led a very loud rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus" with her children, and unfortunately got off at a stop after ours so I was unable to see if she thought the ME tags meant she just left the luggage under the bus. The husband already looked so tired....

I understand about people not being planners, not looking at even a single book or brochure about what you're getting into, but why, oh, why would you not at least read instructions for your transportation package? All I can think of is that she looked like she was pretty overwhelmed ....

By the way, this was the first time I actually had to wait 3 hours for my bag but it was Presidents Weekend and there were lots of groups coming into Pop too. I went to check on them just before the 3 hr mark only because we were heading out to the parks and didn't want to come back at midnight to find there was a problem. They were able to track where they were with no issue and actually were able to tell me how much longer it would be so I knew that at least nothing had been lost.
I've had that same experience. However, I tried to be helpful....I tried to explain what the yellow tags are for. And that there was no reason to attach them now. Well....I got my head handed to me. The dad asked who I though I was, a Disney rep or something! Said they knew what they were doing....that this was how their bags would get to their room. I just smiled and turned away. I don't offer help or advice anymore.

I've had that same experience. However, I tried to be helpful....I tried to explain what the yellow tags are for. And that there was no reason to attach them now. Well....I got my head handed to me. The dad asked who I though I was, a Disney rep or something! Said they knew what they were doing....that this was how their bags would get to their room. I just smiled and turned away. I don't offer help or advice anymore.

It crossed my mind to say something but I figured at the very least I'd get that "stare" and at worst it might have been the last straw for the dad who at that point already looked like he was over it. I just feel sorry for the nice bus driver who no doubt had to explain that she couldn't just walk away from the bus.

Just back and had a "What the ?!" moment right off the bat in the ME bus line. Waiting for the Pop bus and a lady, her husband and three kids came marching down the lane next to us with about enough luggage to make you question if perhaps they were moving lock, stock and barrel to Disney. The mom is one of those "loud" talkers with her kids and the whole way down the line is hollering "Okay kids I need volunteers! I need someone to volunteer to help with the luggage tags!". Immediately my girls and I, well seasoned at this point in ME, after multiple trips, look at each other thinking "She can't mean...." ...yup, you guessed it. She was attaching the yellow DME luggage tags to her bags while standing in line for the bus.

Oh goodness.

I wonder if her husband was the one I saw during the Princess 10K with his *gear bag sticker* (the sticker, with your bib number on it, that you put on the rundisney clear bag that you can put stuff in then stash before the start of the race and retrieve at the end, for things like food and clothes etc) stuck to his shirt? Like he thought that that sticker was his bib? (though he also had his bib on, albeit on the back of his shirt so he must not have wanted easy-to-find pictures)

Could easily have been that husband. :)

What are the Participating Airlines Now? I did a mock up Vacation package and when it came to adding your Flight info there was a button to pull down it listed airlines and I didn't see Southwest or Frontier on the list. We used Magic express in 2014 and were flying SW airlines and now I'm not sure if they are part of the list anymore. Think about flying down on Frontier this trip. Thanks for any info.

What are the Participating Airlines Now? I did a mock up Vacation package and when it came to adding your Flight info there was a button to pull down it listed airlines and I didn't see Southwest or Frontier on the list. We used Magic express in 2014 and were flying SW airlines and now I'm not sure if they are part of the list anymore. Think about flying down on Frontier this trip. Thanks for any info.

When arriving, the DME people just pull the bags with the DME yellow tags from behind the scenes. There are no participating airlines for arrival.

This thread will likely give more info on the RAC side of things, which is where using a participating airline comes into play.

This is from the first page of the 'DME and RAC FAQ' stickied thread here...

• * Airtran Airways
      * Alaska Airlines
      *American Airlines
      *Delta
      *Jetblue
      *Southwest
      *United
      *US Airways
I can't say if Frontier has been added. If someone knows, for sure, could they let me know and I'll add them to the list. SW has been a participating airline for quite awhile now.
And just so that there are no misunderstandings......participating airlines matter ONLY when you are leaving your WDW resort and returning to MCO. The airline you arrive at MCO on doesn't matter at all. It is only for departing airlines and the ability to check your bags at your resort, with RAC, and get your boarding passes.

Yes, Thanks, I saw this list also and was thinking that it not have been updated lately--I saw that original thread started in 2006.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter