Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

The Studio fridges are large so you won't have any problem with a gallon of milk:

Kitchenette.jpg
Thanks
Do they still have a freezer compartment? Read a really old thread that said they did

Thanks
Do they still have a freezer compartment? Read a really old thread that said they did
I believe they do have a freezer compartment. But, when the small fridges were replaced at the Deluxe resorts, those no longer have the freezer compartment.

Unfortunately, after talking more with DH, it turns out CR is not going to fit into our plans this year. :( we're moving our ressie to WL, which is nice - but I've been dreaming about that 10 minute walk to MK. *sigh* maybe next time. :)

I'm sorry the CR won't work for your upcoming trip, but I'm sure you'll have a great time at the WL as that is an amazing resort :wizard:.

Unfortunately we are traveling alone so no one to record it we have memory maker and will hand off a cell phone for pics

As KOOK posted, any CM will be happy to take your picture with your iPhone or whatever you have :goodvibes.

So pretty...
We put a request in for one of those cabanas at the quiet pool...hope we get it.

I hope you get your request :).

Add me to the excitement! I'll be there, too, same time, CL Tower suite!:yay:

:cool1::cool1:

I wonder where my DD will want to go for her graduation trip next year:scratchin. Guess I should ask now so we can start planning:hyper:

Good idea to start planning now ::yes::. It's always fun planning a Disney trip, but it's a little more exciting when it's for a special occasion :goodvibes.

I would think you'd get it especially since you actually requested it.

I wasn't sure because when I booked the cabana the CL CM who booked it for me said she couldn't guarantee which one I'd get (is there a couple more at the main pool?). She said she'd note the reservation for us so that's why I hope we do end up with one of the two at the quiet pool.

Well as soon as Photobucket starts to behave I will share the pics of this afternoon
we got to the mk and only a 10 min wait for mickey as we went through the door I passed a note off to the cm
we haven't looked at memory maker yet but they took some pretty good pics with my cellphone
but I can't say enough about how great the staff is here
we had a disaster tonight
the stone fell out of her ring over in the gift shops and we didn't realize it till we got back to the room
they had at least a half dozen cm helping us look for the stone and disney magic prevailed they found it

Well as soon as Photobucket starts to behave I will share the pics of this afternoon
we got to the mk and only a 10 min wait for mickey as we went through the door I passed a note off to the cm
we haven't looked at memory maker yet but they took some pretty good pics with my cellphone
the stone fell out of her ring over in the gift shops and we didn't realize it till we got back to the room
they had at least a half dozen cm helping us look for the stone and disney magic prevailed they found it

Well...Don't keep us in suspense! Did she say yes?! Of course she did, look at that smile! I can't believe what happened with your ring, but so glad it ended well. So happy for you both and will there be a Disney wedding or Disneymoon?

BTW, you don't have to upload photos anymore to get an image code. With the new software, you can just drag images right in to your post. You can also just select them on your iPhone and upload from your photo library in seconds.

Enjoy your engagement!

I wasn't sure because when I booked the cabana the CL CM who booked it for me said she couldn't guarantee which one I'd get (is there a couple more at the main pool?). She said she'd note the reservation for us so that's why I hope we do end up with one of the two at the quiet pool.
Yes, there are two more cabanas at the feature pool.

Yes She is going to be my disney princess looks like a 2017 or early 2018 disney moon I don't think her mom would let us have a disney wedding

May I ask about the no food or drink on the wet deck pool area?
Does that mean if you order a sandwich from the Sand bar you could not eat on the sun lounger?

Just want to know before I make myself look an idiot!!

Many thanks

Kevin

Yes She is going to be my disney princess looks like a 2017 or early 2018 disney moon I don't think her mom would let us have a disney wedding

Well, you've got plenty of time to work on that;)

May I ask about the no food or drink on the wet deck pool area?
Does that mean if you order a sandwich from the Sand bar you could not eat on the sun lounger?

Just want to know before I make myself look an idiot!!

Many thanks

Kevin

No worries, you can have food/drink all around the pool, just no glass. Just beware that if you do leave food out in the open and walk away from it, birds have a tendency to partake.

Just back from a wonderful trip!!! CR is a nice resort with a lot of positives to it and some negatives. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer. We were in a Bay Lake room on the 10th floor - gorgeous view!!!

Just back from a wonderful trip!!! CR is a nice resort with a lot of positives to it and some negatives. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer. We were in a Bay Lake room on the 10th floor - gorgeous view!!!

We're heading there at the end of this month. What were your favorite things about the CR? If you had negatives, were they things you could have planned differently to avoid (like requesting a room in a particular location, or renting a car vs. buses), or were they more about the resort in general?

I stayed at the CR years ago, but it was for a business trip. I loved it when I stayed there, but I didn't have the opportunity to spend much time at the pool, nor eat at the restaurants much. I have taken the buses from the resort to other parks and thought that some of those rides ended up being pretty long because we shared with both the WL and the Poly.

Well, I see that you are staying CL. We did not, and we very much missed it!!! That was part of our frustration, as we had become used to CL. We agreed that we will do CL next time.

That being said, one of the most annoying things about the CR was the dang elevators. There are 5 elevators and they are incredibly slooooooow! I think it's because of the volume of people using them but OMG, when you have a screaming baby and you just want to get to your room....ugh!

We liked that there was a QS place there but it could really use more variety. We were over that menu after a couple of days and often took the monorail to other resorts to eat.

The lobby is so busy, which we knew, but it just really takes away from the ability to come to your resort and feel relaxed. You just feel right in the middle of it all still, which is good and bad. We prefer the relaxed feel of the WL or YC.

Now, the room size was awesome!! We had a full size crib in there and had plenty of room to move around, but there was not a lot of drawer space. :(

The pool was nice and not too crowded. We would have liked if the Sand Bar was open later though. It was annoying to have to go up to the 4th floor for a beer to bring down to the pool...thus, using the dreaded elevators again.

We despise Chef Mickeys so we didn't eat there. We did eat at the Wave, and that was good. We had lunch one day.

Having the EWP outside our window was nice, but beware, it is very loud. We had white noise going loudly and still heard that thing loud and clear.

Being able to walk to MK is the epic awesomeness of this resort!! My DH even walked to MK on several mornings just to get Starbucks and bring it back...it's nice being that close.

Hmmm...I'm sure there is more....I'm still sleepy, lol. We are overall glad we stayed there and can check it off the list but I don't know that we will stay the again anytime soon. Mostly because we have a quest to stay at every resort, but if we were to repeat, it would be WL or YC or even POFQ!

Well, I see that you are staying CL. We did not, and we very much missed it!!! That was part of our frustration, as we had become used to CL. We agreed that we will do CL next time.

That being said, one of the most annoying things about the CR was the dang elevators. There are 5 elevators and they are incredibly slooooooow! I think it's because of the volume of people using them but OMG, when you have a screaming baby and you just want to get to your room....ugh!

We liked that there was a QS place there but it could really use more variety. We were over that menu after a couple of days and often took the monorail to other resorts to eat.

The lobby is so busy, which we knew, but it just really takes away from the ability to come to your resort and feel relaxed. You just feel right in the middle of it all still, which is good and bad. We prefer the relaxed feel of the WL or YC.

Now, the room size was awesome!! We had a full size crib in there and had plenty of room to move around, but there was not a lot of drawer space. :(

The pool was nice and not too crowded. We would have liked if the Sand Bar was open later though. It was annoying to have to go up to the 4th floor for a beer to bring down to the pool...thus, using the dreaded elevators again.

We despise Chef Mickeys so we didn't eat there. We did eat at the Wave, and that was good. We had lunch one day.

Having the EWP outside our window was nice, but beware, it is very loud. We had white noise going loudly and still heard that thing loud and clear.

Being able to walk to MK is the epic awesomeness of this resort!! My DH even walked to MK on several mornings just to get Starbucks and bring it back...it's nice being that close.

Hmmm...I'm sure there is more....I'm still sleepy, lol. We are overall glad we stayed there and can check it off the list but I don't know that we will stay the again anytime soon. Mostly because we have a quest to stay at every resort, but if we were to repeat, it would be WL or YC or even POFQ!

The elevator situation at CR, at peak times, is a big negative. There just simply aren't enough of them to accommodate the huge amounts of guests at peak times. Most need to get to/from the 4th floor and, you don't even have the option of taking the stairs because the doors are locked from the outside.

I think if you were staying CL, you wouldn't have had to use CC as much and you probably wouldn't have tired of it so quickly. It's easy for us to just hop on the monorail and eat at Poly and GF QSs, but that's more challenging with an infant.

The EWP does start really late at CR - 10:10, so if you're on the Bay Lake side, you'll hear it. Were you close to CM and heard the Celebrate Mickey song? Does the EWP bother you at WL or not as much since it's at 9:35? (Speaking of WL, did you get to say HI to Randy?)

The rooms really are very limited on drawer space and we're only a family of three, so I sympathize with larger families.

That walk is awesome and reminds you that CR is about location, location, location. Have you thought about a BLT one bedroom? You would have a much larger room with tons of drawer space, two bathrooms, no elevator issues and some of the outer villas on the side don't directly face Bay Lake so you hardly hear the EWP.

We stayed club level in march at cR and it was amazing. We were upgraded though as I never would have paid for it before. But now planning poly club level next march :)

I will say the one thing we didn't love about CR is the room size. We found them very small for us.

Sounds like an amazing moment! I'm sorry about the stone, but glad the CMs were able to find it :goodvibes.

Congratulations, enjoy your engagement :).

Well, you've got plenty of time to work on that;)

:thumbsup2

That walk is awesome and reminds you that CR is about location, location, location.

I agree ;).

I will say the one thing we didn't love about CR is the room size. We found them very small for us.

I'm surprised to see that you found the CR room small. From what I understand, the CR rooms are the largest of the deluxe resorts (with the Poly being about equal). I know the Poly did have one (maybe 2) long houses that had larger rooms (not sure if that's changed with some long houses being converted to DVC), but the majority of the rooms are comparable in size to the CR. We loved the large/spacious room at the Poly, which is one of the things we look forward to once we do try the CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter