Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Kook, that's why I don't mind staying in the garden section. It really is quite beautiful! Your pics show it the way I remember it.

Note to people booking the Hospitality suite: request pool view! Ours was a lovely suite but our view was of the parking lot and a vine covered wall.

@WDWKOOK your pictures are lovely and that looks like such a quiet area of the resort! :)

Quick question to all on this thread... Have you stayed in any accessible rooms at the Contemporary? If so how were they? My family and I really hoping to make this our resort for our trip next year! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful photos! :D

Wow Kook!! Great pics!!! I had no idea how "covered" the walkway was! It even looks like there's carpet and lights? It doesn't look like you would get wet at all! I've never been in the Garden view area or the pool area, I've only seen pictures, so these are making me very excited for our trip! :cool1:

Wow Kook!! Great pics!!! I had no idea how "covered" the walkway was! It even looks like there's carpet and lights? It doesn't look like you would get wet at all! I've never been in the Garden view area or the pool area, I've only seen pictures, so these are making me very excited for our trip! :cool1:
There is, and you won't! :)

Awesome pics, KOOK....thanks for sharing :goodvibes.
Thank you and I'm always happy to share resort photos:)

Kook, that's why I don't mind staying in the garden section. It really is quite beautiful! Your pics show it the way I remember it.

Note to people booking the Hospitality suite: request pool view! Ours was a lovely suite but our view was of the parking lot and a vine covered wall.
Good point. That (pricey) suite is just around the corner (counter clockwise) from the walkway and actually has a Standard View.

@WDWKOOK your pictures are lovely and that looks like such a quiet area of the resort! :)

Quick question to all on this thread... Have you stayed in any accessible rooms at the Contemporary? If so how were they? My family and I really hoping to make this our resort for our trip next year! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful photos! :D

Welcome to the thread and thank you!

Bumping your question since I have never stayed in an HA room. Most King rooms (where they aren't bookable) are HA. If your question isn't answered here, try the DISabilities forum and I'm sure someone will know.

Our bags are packed and the alarm is set for 3:30 am!!!

We should be landing at MCO by noon, then off to the CR!!

It's almost time to land, get on ME and head to CR!!! Keep in touch and enjoy your first day.

I'm glad the photos were helpful as it can be hard picturing the GW unless you "walk around it." Only one GW entrance has the covered walkway so if you're near Bay Lake and you need to use the covered walkway then your walk through the GW will be longest to get to the lobby. But, unlike Poly or GF, you won't get wet.

Loving the pictures! I was really having trouble actually picturing the Garden Wing section. We're staying at the CR for the first time in May - splurging on convenience for the 24 hour event! To keep as budget friendly as possible, we booked a standard view Garden Wing room. We don't really care about the view, but are the parking lot view rooms noisy? The buildings seem to be quite close to the parking lot. What about overall noise from hallways/adjoining rooms? How long is the walk from these rooms to the lobby/monorail?
Also, can you request a king room? If so, how likely is it to get one?
Thanks!

We can't wait wait till we get there this time next Saturday we will be getting ready to sit down and eat dinner at crt and my dgf will have her engagement ring

Woohoo! Please add me to the log-o-rail! We'll be there for our first stay at CR (first deluxe stay!) Aug 24-Sept.1.
Thanks for the pics of the garden wing -- helps to get me even more excited!!!

Loving the pictures! I was really having trouble actually picturing the Garden Wing section. We're staying at the CR for the first time in May - splurging on convenience for the 24 hour event! To keep as budget friendly as possible, we booked a standard view Garden Wing room. We don't really care about the view, but are the parking lot view rooms noisy? The buildings seem to be quite close to the parking lot. What about overall noise from hallways/adjoining rooms? How long is the walk from these rooms to the lobby/monorail?
Also, can you request a king room? If so, how likely is it to get one?
Thanks!
I've never stayed in a SV/GW room, but I don't see why those rooms would be noisier. Rooms with connecting doors always seem noisy to us and we request not to have a room with one because so much noise can carry through them at any resort.

You can request a king, but there are very few and most are HA rooms at resorts where they aren't bookable. If not spoken for, you could end up in an HA room which isn't ideal if you don't have a need for it.

The walk from a SV room to the Tower is only a few minutes.

CR pics are always nice to see as it gets me closer to wanting to stay there :goodvibes.

:)

We can't wait wait till we get there this time next Saturday we will be getting ready to sit down and eat dinner at crt and my dgf will have her engagement ring

How exciting!!! What a very special dinner. Have you added to your CRT reservation that you'll be proposing? Please update us if you can!

Woohoo! Please add me to the log-o-rail! We'll be there for our first stay at CR (first deluxe stay!) Aug 24-Sept.1.

I'd be happy to add you!

I had an odd thing happen. I've got two room reservations on MDE. I did online check in for both. I put in requests for the one night we are staying at the Beach Club (wanted the larger balcony, plus be closer to the elevator to avoid some of the less pleasant views). I wasn't planning on adding anything to my CR review. I noticed that the requests I put in for beach club also showed up for the CR, even though Large Balcony isn't even an option there because all the rooms in the Tower have them.

Is a room near the elevator a bad thing on the Atrium Club floor? If it is, how do I get rid of that request? It will not let me remove any checkmarks.

As is true of all floors in the tower the elevator is in the center of the resort, so that would put you more dead center if the request is granted

I will actually be proposing before dinner our funds for this trip got cut little short so we are just doing dinner I'll be posing the question when we do our meet and greet with Mickey before dinner

Your trip is almost here :yay:.

It will be August before you know it :goodvibes.

I will actually be proposing before dinner our funds for this trip got cut little short so we are just doing dinner I'll be posing the question when we do our meet and greet with Mickey before dinner

Sounds like you have a great evening planned :wizard:.

What a special proposal you have planned! Wishing you both the very best! :goodvibes

Hi, I am finally planning my next trip in 7 years in 2017. I am planning on staying at the Contemporary CL. I have not read through either thread, but would appreciate someone pointing out where info on the pool is or letting me know what the pool is like. Should I take the time out of my stay to spend time at the pool or not? I have spent time at the pools bc/yc, poly & Ak, but not any the bw or por. I am really wondering about the ambiance. Based on where I've stayed, you may be able to tell what kind of a pool we like and don't like. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter