Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Well, I see that you are staying CL. We did not, and we very much missed it!!! That was part of our frustration, as we had become used to CL. We agreed that we will do CL next time.

That being said, one of the most annoying things about the CR was the dang elevators. There are 5 elevators and they are incredibly slooooooow! I think it's because of the volume of people using them but OMG, when you have a screaming baby and you just want to get to your room....ugh!

We liked that there was a QS place there but it could really use more variety. We were over that menu after a couple of days and often took the monorail to other resorts to eat.

The lobby is so busy, which we knew, but it just really takes away from the ability to come to your resort and feel relaxed. You just feel right in the middle of it all still, which is good and bad. We prefer the relaxed feel of the WL or YC.

Now, the room size was awesome!! We had a full size crib in there and had plenty of room to move around, but there was not a lot of drawer space. :(

The pool was nice and not too crowded. We would have liked if the Sand Bar was open later though. It was annoying to have to go up to the 4th floor for a beer to bring down to the pool...thus, using the dreaded elevators again.

We despise Chef Mickeys so we didn't eat there. We did eat at the Wave, and that was good. We had lunch one day.

Having the EWP outside our window was nice, but beware, it is very loud. We had white noise going loudly and still heard that thing loud and clear.

Being able to walk to MK is the epic awesomeness of this resort!! My DH even walked to MK on several mornings just to get Starbucks and bring it back...it's nice being that close.

Hmmm...I'm sure there is more....I'm still sleepy, lol. We are overall glad we stayed there and can check it off the list but I don't know that we will stay the again anytime soon. Mostly because we have a quest to stay at every resort, but if we were to repeat, it would be WL or YC or even POFQ!

Thank you for the info. I hear you on the elevators. Sometimes there is a long wait, and I remember experiencing this at the CR. We had similar issues on Disney Cruise Line. At the end of a long day, it is hard waiting. Thanks for the info about the pool. I'll make sure we bring enough beverages to the pool to avoid trips back in.

I am really excited to try club level at the CR!

Not familiar with a deluxe studio but the studios are all DVC in Bay Lake Tower.

Hi everyone! We are staying in the Garden Wing (Garden View) 8/26-9/6, this will be our first stay at the Contemporary. We were originally staying at the Poly, but switched when the room only discount for late summer came out. Our daughter will be turning 9 while we are there, and she had really wanted to stay at the Contemporary, so she's so excited her wish came true!

With our youngest's graduation on the 23rd our stay from the 24th-28th is coming quickly now! And then once we arrive it will speed by in the blink of an eye. Hoping for moderate temps but the way way it's warmed up here in GA the past couple of days I'm afraid that we're going to bake!

With our youngest's graduation on the 23rd our stay from the 24th-28th is coming quickly now! And then once we arrive it will speed by in the blink of an eye. Hoping for moderate temps but the way way it's warmed up here in GA the past couple of days I'm afraid that we're going to bake!

I just have to say that after the lousy LONG winter we've had here in Massachusetts, I don't think I'm ever going to complain again about being too warm anywhere even when I know we'll be roasting in Disney in August :upsidedow. Congrats on your youngest's graduation and enjoy your trip!!

thank you! This may be the last family trip for quite a while, even with discounted room only the rates have gotten ludicrous. And we will be 4 adults so that would be an extra $50 per day, insane. Adding in the cost of tickets and all of the added stress that Fast Pass + puts on (we're frequent visitors and would take mostly last minute trips). Factoring in the rumor that you're going to be unable to "tweak" reservations due to work commitments, Disney may be seeing the last of us. Hubby is an ER doc so we are constantly living with schedule changes, that was what I liked about room only, we could adjust up to five days out. So we'll make this one a blow out like we did two years ago for our older daughter's graduation :)

When they say pool deck, I think they really mean right at the edge of the pool. So you can't sit on the edge of the pool eating and drinking.

This.

I was sitting on the edge of the pool watching my kids, refillable mug in hand, and was asked to move. But several times we had lunch or a snack poolside (from our lounge chairs) with no problem.

You guys are correct and it's apparently called the "wet deck:"

IMG_3012.jpg

If anyone gets pictures of the pool (while open)..... I'm hoping someone can catch my son Derek who is one of the lifeguards there on the Disney College Program in a picture!! He rarely sends us pictures and never of him in "uniform". Thank You ahead of time if you can get his picture!!

If you see him, say hi & tell him his mom misses him!!!

Has anyone spotted him yet?

His last day is August 7th.....the day we arrive for our vacation. Unfortunately, no deluxe or moderates for my big family.....we'll be staying at the Pop!

Did you use the great room-only CM rate?

He is, this is his 3rd time doing it!!

WOW! He must plan on working at WDW when he graduates? What's his major?

What about a room in the Garden Wing? No elevators there and you're still at the Contemporary.

There are elevators, but with only 3 floors, the stairs are easy and the doors to them unlocked, unlike in the Tower.

And I believe today is my "Less than 100 days!" marker.
:rainbow:

:yay:

Hi everyone! We are staying in the Garden Wing (Garden View) 8/26-9/6, this will be our first stay at the Contemporary. We were originally staying at the Poly, but switched when the room only discount for late summer came out. Our daughter will be turning 9 while we are there, and she had really wanted to stay at the Contemporary, so she's so excited her wish came true!

Awww, what a magical birthday! I'll add your dates to the log and don't forget to include her birthday celebration in your reservation.

Congratulations to DD! You have much to celebrate so you won't even notice the heat:rolleyes2

Has anyone spotted him yet?

WOW! He must plan on working at WDW when he graduates? What's his major?

Not yet.......

I'm not sure he will, he is talking about staying in Florida though. So his major was education (teacher) but he hasn't been to school since he started doing this program. :confused3

Well you really do learn something new every day. Thanks for the correction Kook!
The elevators come in handy in the GW since the laundry room is there, but it's on the 2nd floor so still doable using stairs :laundy:

Sounds like it will be a very special trip for your DD :goodvibes.

Congrats on your youngest's graduation, what a great way to celebrate :wizard:.

This may be the last family trip for quite a while, even with discounted room only the rates have gotten ludicrous. And we will be 4 adults so that would be an extra $50 per day, insane. Adding in the cost of tickets and all of the added stress that Fast Pass + puts on (we're frequent visitors and would take mostly last minute trips). Factoring in the rumor that you're going to be unable to "tweak" reservations due to work commitments, Disney may be seeing the last of us.

These are my feeling as well. Disney is still fun, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me that it once had. The way you have to plan park visits with FP+ definitely does not fit our touring style and not being able to easily modify a reservation is a big negative for us as well :(.

I'm new to the thread with a first time stay coming up in November. I took a quick breeze through the thread but didn't see anything about this:

We're booked with a Garden Wing, Garden View, which I understand has either 2 queen beds + daybed or 1 king bed + daybed. Is there any rhyme or reason as to which type room you'll be assigned? We'd prefer the 2 queen option. Thanks!

Your chances are pretty good to receive a room with two queens, In all of our many stays both with our girls and just hubby and I we have always received two queens unless we were in a 2 bedroom suite

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter