Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

The elevator situation at CR, at peak times, is a big negative. There just simply aren't enough of them to accommodate the huge amounts of guests at peak times. Most need to get to/from the 4th floor and, you don't even have the option of taking the stairs because the doors are locked from the outside.

I think if you were staying CL, you wouldn't have had to use CC as much and you probably wouldn't have tired of it so quickly. It's easy for us to just hop on the monorail and eat at Poly and GF QSs, but that's more challenging with an infant.

The EWP does start really late at CR - 10:10, so if you're on the Bay Lake side, you'll hear it. Were you close to CM and heard the Celebrate Mickey song? Does the EWP bother you at WL or not as much since it's at 9:35? (Speaking of WL, did you get to say HI to Randy?)

The rooms really are very limited on drawer space and we're only a family of three, so I sympathize with larger families.

That walk is awesome and reminds you that CR is about location, location, location. Have you thought about a BLT one bedroom? You would have a much larger room with tons of drawer space, two bathrooms, no elevator issues and some of the outer villas on the side don't directly face Bay Lake so you hardly hear the EWP.
We were on the opposite side from Chef Mickey so we heard nothing from there. :)

Oh, and it was awesome to walk out of our room and have Space Mountain in our face!

We didn't get to seek Randy out :( when we were down at the pool we were chasing kids around too much. I really wanted to say hi.

A BLT 1 bedroom would be nice I think, but everyone in the family is unanimous for Poly CL next year. :)

20150502_151008_zps1sna0deg.jpg
Congratulations!!

When they say pool deck, I think they really mean right at the edge of the pool. So you can't sit on the edge of the pool eating and drinking.

When they say pool deck, I think they really mean right at the edge of the pool. So you can't sit on the edge of the pool eating and drinking.
This.

I was sitting on the edge of the pool watching my kids, refillable mug in hand, and was asked to move. But several times we had lunch or a snack poolside (from our lounge chairs) with no problem.

If anyone gets pictures of the pool (while open)..... I'm hoping someone can catch my son Derek who is one of the lifeguards there on the Disney College Program in a picture!! He rarely sends us pictures and never of him in "uniform". Thank You ahead of time if you can get his picture!!

If you see him, say hi & tell him his mom misses him!!!

We stayed at the poly two years ago and those rooms are definitely bigger then the CR rooms. There are five of us so the room felt small at CR (but not small enough to keep us from staying there again) we loved it!!

If anyone gets pictures of the pool (while open)..... I'm hoping someone can catch my son Derek who is one of the lifeguards there on the Disney College Program in a picture!! He rarely sends us pictures and never of him in "uniform". Thank You ahead of time if you can get his picture!!

If you see him, say hi & tell him his mom misses him!!!
Too funny! My son is going away to college in the fall and I dont' think he will call or send me pics either. Will he still be there in August? That's my next trip.

Also my dd plans on doing the college program her senior year 2016/17.

We stayed at the poly two years ago and those rooms are definitely bigger then the CR rooms. There are five of us so the room felt small at CR (but not small enough to keep us from staying there again) we loved it!!
There were 2 different sized rooms at poly. The older buildings like Fuji are smaller that the newer buildings like Tahiti. The larger roomed buildings are now all converted to DVC so now you can only get the older/smaller rooms which are pretty similar to CR's.

We had the small room first then we got a bigger one next. After that I researched and made sure to get the bigger rooms. Now you have to book the dvc studio for more space.

I wasn't sure because when I booked the cabana the CL CM who booked it for me said she couldn't guarantee which one I'd get (is there a couple more at the main pool?). She said she'd note the reservation for us so that's why I hope we do end up with one of the two at the quiet pool.

There are 2 at the main pool too. When we had one a few weeks ago we got to choose if we wanted one by the quiet pool or the main pool once we checked in. Of the 4 cabanas, only two were in operation that day and the one we didn't choose was never used.

Too funny! My son is going away to college in the fall and I dont' think he will call or send me pics either. Will he still be there in August? That's my next trip.

Also my dd plans on doing the college program her senior year 2016/17.

His last day is August 7th.....the day we arrive for our vacation. Unfortunately, no deluxe or moderates for my big family.....we'll be staying at the Pop!

There are 2 at the main pool too. When we had one a few weeks ago we got to choose if we wanted one by the quiet pool or the main pool once we checked in. Of the 4 cabanas, only two were in operation that day and the one we didn't choose was never used.

Good to know, thank you.

If I don't get one by the quiet pool, I'll survive but not going to lie and say that it wouldn't be nice if I did :-). Hurry up August!!!

There were 2 different sized rooms at poly. The older buildings like Fuji are smaller that the newer buildings like Tahiti. The larger roomed buildings are now all converted to DVC so now you can only get the older/smaller rooms which are pretty similar to CR's.

We had the small room first then we got a bigger one next. After that I researched and made sure to get the bigger rooms. Now you have to book the dvc studio for more space.
I'm glad you mentioned this, because I was thinking our CR room was at least as big as our Poly room, if not bigger! (we were in Fiji on our last Poly stay, which makes sense now!)

I can't help with getting a pic, but wanted to say I hope your son is enjoying the College program :wizard:.

I'm glad the room size won't prevent you from staying at the CR again since you really enjoyed your stay :).

Thanks for posting this information :). I knew the rooms in one or two of the longhouses were larger and that some were being converted to DVC, but I wasn't sure which ones they were.

Congrats...sending happy pixie dust your way !pixiedust:

Happy Cinco De Mayo day to everyone ! Here in San Antonio we are mourning our Spurs devastating first round loss to the clippers !:scared: Perhaps a trip to CR would make me feel better :rolleyes1

He is, this is his 3rd time doing it!!

Good for him!! :goodvibes.

Happy Cinco De Mayo day to everyone ! Here in San Antonio we are mourning our Spurs devastating first round loss to the clippers !:scared: Perhaps a trip to CR would make me feel better :rolleyes1

Right back 'atcha :goodvibes.

I'm sorry about your Spurs :(. I really thought they'd take the series. I think a trip to the CR is a great idea ::yes::.

Hi everyone

Considering booking at contemporary, but I don't do elevators, I got stuck in one once and have a fear. Is it worth it for me? Is there any staircases that aren't locked? And does anyone know what floor the deluxe studios are on because that's all that's available the week I need.

Hi everyone

Considering booking at contemporary, but I don't do elevators, I got stuck in one once and have a fear. Is it worth it for me? Is there any staircases that aren't locked? And does anyone know what floor the deluxe studios are on because that's all that's available the week I need.

What about a room in the Garden Wing? No elevators there and you're still at the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter