Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

Hi everyone! Just read through the entire thread, whew!
Need some advice.
We are a family of 6; Me, DH, DS14, DD12, DS,10, DS7

We are booked for a surprise 7 nt stay (kids think we are off site) in a Cars Suite for the end of August. We have a room only discount, only doing BOG for a sit down meal, the rest will be easy stuff in the room and some counter service. I plan to to have WegoShop deliver some groceries. (Mainly cold stuff we can't bring with us) We are not big eaters, especially in the Florid heat. We do better with several nutritious snacks and one main meal.

So, this is my dilema. Should we stay in our Suite or switch to 2 LM rooms? I almost think we will have more room in the two rooms...two refrigs will probably equal the one larger one in the suites. My 14 year old is over 6ft tall and it just seems like the bed options are not going to be great.

I haven't priced out the cost, but I wonder if it may be less expensive as well. The kids won't really care so much the theming of the room...they are huge Disney Movie fans and love all the possible options. The kids keep talking about how cool AoA looks and maybe someday we can stay there. They won't know until we show up at ME and not the car rental counter!

Yea! What a wonderful surprise. I understand your dilemma as we are a family of 6 and have contemplated both options as well. At time of travel our kids will be 13, 10, 4, and 24 months. We have decided that this will be the only year where we can all sleep comfortably in a suite; the youngest will be in a pack n play. Our next visit in two years we will be getting 2 rooms. For us, sleeping comfortably and getting a good nights rest is number one priority. We do not spend much time in the room except for sleep. However, for families that plan to eat more meals in room I can see how a suite is more functional; you have a microwave and disposable dinnerware and utensils.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The family suites are 565 square feet, while the LM rooms are 277 or 554 square feet in two of them so you would have a tiny bit more space in the suite. With the suite you and dh would have a door that closes for some space for yourselves which would be nice. You'd also have the bed that converts to a table to sit down and eat since you plan to eat in room a bit, and you'd have a microwave to heat up leftovers or for things you don't want to eat cold. I think personally I'd prefer the suites for those reasons. Being able to close up the sofa bed and turn the other into a table gives you more actual living space during the day rather than always having to sit on the bed.
Of course if you prefer the LM or the cost is much better then that is a better decision for you. Just some of my thoughts.:)

Thanks, and yes those are good thoughts. I was thinking my Dh and I in one room and throw the 4 kids in the other :):rotfl2: I just know that our kids don't sleep well together and that maybe the queen beds would be better. I just wish there was a microwave in the LM rooms...
What kind of table is in the LM rooms? We stayed at CBR with 2 rooms and it worked out well...there was a smallish table in each room.

Does anyone decorate windows or doors at AOA? I am assuming that the suites have 1 window???? True? Are the doors metal? :confused3

Does anyone decorate windows or doors at AOA? I am assuming that the suites have 1 window???? True? Are the doors metal? :confused3

I think the doors are metal and there are 2 windows in the suites- in the living area and bedroom. We've gotten lazy over the years with window decorating but I love seeing others' display!

Thanks, and yes those are good thoughts. I was thinking my Dh and I in one room and throw the 4 kids in the other :):rotfl2: I just know that our kids don't sleep well together and that maybe the queen beds would be better. I just wish there was a microwave in the LM rooms...
What kind of table is in the LM rooms? We stayed at CBR with 2 rooms and it worked out well...there was a smallish table in each room.

I'm pretty sure that there are double beds, not queen, in the LM rooms. Does anyone else know? There's a queen bed in the master bedroom of the family suites.

michashell said:
I'm pretty sure that there are double beds, not queen, in the LM rooms. Does anyone else know?

You are correct. The LM rooms have 2 doubles, not queens.

I just changed over my POP reservation for Marathon weekend to a Little Mermaid room at AOA! I am so excited, but I need to ask this--where is the closest LM room to the front? I don't know that I'm going to want a super long walk after running 26.2 miles.

I just changed over my POP reservation for Marathon weekend to a Little Mermaid room at AOA! I am so excited, but I need to ask this--where is the closest LM room to the front? I don't know that I'm going to want a super long walk after running 26.2 miles.

The only LM rooms are in the buildings farthest from Animation Hall. It's not close. If you want to try out a resort with terrific theming and great Disney fell, then stay at AoA. But if you want a close room, go back to Pop and get a preferred room and request something close to the food court.

Take a taxi back after the race and get dropped off at the LM section. Then you won't have to risk standing on the bus too.
Closest building to parking lot is #9

Disneyforus said:
Ok, so that is good to know...the murphy bed in the suites is full size..is that the same as a double.:confused3 I sound bed illiterate...

Yes full bed = double bed. The suites are very nice and spacious, the beds are comfortable. My ds14 is 5'5" and was comfortable on the Murphy bed with his little brother.

Have a wonderful time!

plutospalforever said:
Yea! What a wonderful surprise. I understand your dilemma as we are a family of 6 and have contemplated both options as well. At time of travel our kids will be 13, 10, 4, and 24 months. We have decided that this will be the only year where we can all sleep comfortably in a suite; the youngest will be in a pack n play. Our next visit in two years we will be getting 2 rooms. For us, sleeping comfortably and getting a good nights rest is number one priority. We do not spend much time in the room except for sleep. However, for families that plan to eat more meals in room I can see how a suite is more functional; you have a microwave and disposable dinnerware and utensils.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just want to encourage you that there is plenty of room for a pack and play next to the bed in the bedroom. Have a terrific time and make lots of memories!

The LM rooms are as far away from the bus drop off as you can get. The Nemo rooms are the closest to the drop off. Maybe you could ask for one on the bottom floor closer to Animation Hall, that shouldn't be a terribly far walk. You would have to walk thru Animation Hall, around the pool and there is the end of the building. Whereas the elevators are in the middle of the building. Hope that helps

Okay, so I did not know the elevators are in the middle. THAT is helpful. I think I'll ask for nearest Animation Hall, first floor, building 9.

I had no idea that people decorate their windows, what a fun idea! We loved doing that on our Disney cruise last year. Now I have to start thinking of fun ways to decorate our window!

Hi everyone!
I'm new here but I've been reading the threads for a while now. My DH and I are going to be taking DD here. We stayed at PC for our disneymoon in Feb/March. It was great (we had a preffered room)! But we loved AoA when we walked over to it! We really want to take DD here but I can't figure out if we should stay in LM or Nemo. It's a big price jump for us. DD will be 5 when we go. I liked the idea of the splash pool at Nemo and the proximity to the buses, food court, etc. She is a HUGE LM fan too, plus the lower price is really enticing. It would be late Oct/early Nov when we go. What would you suggest?
Thanks everyone!

Yes full bed = double bed. The suites are very nice and spacious, the beds are comfortable. My ds14 is 5'5" and was comfortable on the Murphy bed with his little brother.

Have a wonderful time!

Thanks! We have decided to stay in the suites vs switching to two LM rooms. We are not doing a ton of Disney Dining and plan to get a Wegoshop delivery and eat in our room quite a bit...so the suites will definatley be better suited for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter