Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

The noisiest place I have ever stayed was Beach Club Villas.
Actually I did some reading and the Values have the most soundproofing because of the outside doors

We defintely had issues at ASM when we were there, all external noise.

The noisiest place I stayed for interior noise (noise from other rooms) was the Grand Floridian. We heard our neighbors plans for the day, their breakfast orders, everything. It was barely muffled. We felt like we adopted them by the end of our stay.

I was in a Nemo suite in Oct. and didn't hear anything from neighbors or the Big Blue Pool. I was in Boardwalk last week and heard our neighbors talking and the folks outside, 5 floors down, talking. I'm sure the Cars suites will be similar to the Nemo ones when it comes to noise! I love the resort - I hope you enjoy it if that is what you choose! ;)

Thanks! DS would love the theming of the Cars suites. I'm still going back and forth on what we do. A lost will depend on who goes too!

When we were loading and unloading our car, we saw that there are no direct sidewalks from the parking lot to Building 8 on the end closer to the lake (the end our room was on). It was insane - people have walked through the grass enough that they have worn paths in it, and I'll be honest, we went through the grass as well.

i'm looking @ the resort map and trying to plot a path from the parking lot to what i hope will be 'our' bldg, #7 but it appears you can't get there from here;)

seriously, just trying to determine approx how long of a walk from the parking lot to the furthermost LM building...it's decide how much luggage we haul in for one night's stay before our cruise.

I'm in shock as to the rate i just paid for a room for 1 night $146.25:bitelip: but if it makes GD happy it's worth it! Not holding out much hope for AP rate for a marathon weekend in January but even a AAA rate would be appreciated.

i'm looking @ the resort map and trying to plot a path from the parking lot to what i hope will be 'our' bldg, #7 but it appears you can't get there from here;)

seriously, just trying to determine approx how long of a walk from the parking lot to the furthermost LM building...it's decide how much luggage we haul in for one night's stay before our cruise.

I'm in shock as to the rate i just paid for a room for 1 night $146.25:bitelip: but if it makes GD happy it's worth it! Not holding out much hope for AP rate for a marathon weekend in January but even a AAA rate would be appreciated.

Is there a reason you are wanting building 7 instead of building 9, which is closer to the parking lot?

Neither will be terribly far from the parking lot if you are driving, but 9 would be a bit closer.

Is there a reason you are wanting building 7 instead of building 9, which is closer to the parking lot?

Neither will be terribly far from the parking lot if you are driving, but 9 would be a bit closer.

tripadvisor had posts indicated that requesting buiding 7, lakeview would be best chance for a quiet room with a view of sorts.

Dp you think ten minutes be a fair estimation of possible longest walk to parking lot permimeter?

btw, planning to take my time going thru ur TR:thumbsup2lots of great pics

tripadvisor had posts indicated that requesting buiding 7, lakeview would be best chance for a quiet room with a view of sorts.

Dp you think ten minutes be a fair estimation of possible longest walk to parking lot permimeter?

btw, planning to take my time going thru ur TR:thumbsup2lots of great pics

Yes, building 7 would have a better view and is probably a little quieter.

I don't think it will take 10 minutes from the parking lot. Just try to park toward the middle of building 9 where the walkway is, so you can walk straight through building 9 into the courtyard, past the pool, past Ursula to the elevators and up to wherever your room is.

I'd love to see you over on my TR. Be sure to say hi! I still have a lot more AoA photos to post. I got sort of sidelined during the spring getting ready for my son's graduation, but I'm ready to get going again. I was only 3 days into a 10 day trip when I had to stop.

Yes, building 7 would have a better view and is probably a little quieter.

I don't think it will take 10 minutes from the parking lot. Just try to park toward the middle of building 9 where the walkway is, so you can walk straight through building 9 into the courtyard, past the pool, past Ursula to the elevators and up to wherever your room is.

I'd love to see you over on my TR. Be sure to say hi! I still have a lot more AoA photos to post. I got sort of sidelined during the spring getting ready for my son's graduation, but I'm ready to get going again. I was only 3 days into a 10 day trip when I had to stop.

thank you so much for the info! i've already stopped by ur TR, keep up the good work:thumbsup2

staying in LM in spet/oct...any recommendations??

Just saw your ticker- I think we'll be there at the same time also in LM :cool1: If you see a family of 3 (with a little boy going crazy in the cars section, that will be us ;))

Hi all! Thinking of making the switch to AoA this February. I have stayed at POP 4 times and POFQ once. I am going with my hubby and 11 year old daughter who really likes the look of the LM rooms. I am worried about the walk from the room though as I was really spoiled last trip with the small size of POFQ. Any thoughts?

Hi all! Thinking of making the switch to AoA this February. I have stayed at POP 4 times and POFQ once. I am going with my hubby and 11 year old daughter who really likes the look of the LM rooms. I am worried about the walk from the room though as I was really spoiled last trip with the small size of POFQ. Any thoughts?

I have the same concerns and we are going in Aug. Some people on here say the walk isn't that bad and others say it's a long walk after a day in the parks. I guess we won't know until we try it! Does anyone in your group have mobility issues? LM rooms might not be a good choice if that is an issue.

I have the same concerns and we are going in Aug. Some people on here say the walk isn't that bad and others say it's a long walk after a day in the parks. I guess we won't know until we try it! Does anyone in your group have mobility issues? LM rooms might not be a good choice if that is an issue.

We are here right now in LM and there certainly is a walk! For us, it's not bad and we enjoy it. I can see it being an issue for those with mobility problems.

As for AoA vs a moderate... AoA is fantastic and we love it. We would definitely stay here over all other values. However it "feels" like a value compared to PO resorts. It all depends on what you want! We want both, so we are doing a split stay at AKL!

:yay::yay:Well, I just booked AoA LM room for Presidents Week. I was worried that I wouldn't get a room then, so I did a room only. I will add food and tickets later. No one has mobility issues, so we should be OK I hope. If FD or any room discounts come out for that time, we may change resorts if AoA is excluded as it usually is. (2 years ago we had FD for 12 nights at POFQ!) My DD and I spent all morning reading reviews on AoA and looking at pics, and we are soooooo excited!!!:yay::yay:

Wow! I'm with the guy wanting his coffee in the morning. :coffee:The suites are a tad expensive to me. They should at least supply a coffee maker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter