Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

:lmao: That's pretty hilarious!

Thanks. OK so I printed some Googly Maps with the scale line. From Animation Hall door on the East to the most distant point in LM 1600 ft. Can reach the bus depot on AH WEST a bit closer. The stretch of sidewalk for the bus depot is 400 ft.

1600ft is 16 ft more than 0.3 miles.

Walking time 6min at 3mph or 9min at 2mph

Of course if you are hungry, exhausted, injured, sleep deprived or heading for your morning cup of starter fluid, the distance is 40 miles to anything. I'm still only halfway there.

Thanks. OK so I printed some Googly Maps with the scale line. From Animation Hall door on the East to the most distant point in LM 1600 ft. Can reach the bus depot on AH WEST a bit closer. The stretch of sidewalk for the bus depot is 400 ft.

1600ft is 16 ft more than 0.3 miles.

Walking time 6min at 3mph or 9min at 2mph

Of course if you are hungry, exhausted, injured, sleep deprived or heading for your morning cup of starter fluid, the distance is 40 miles to anything. I'm still only halfway there.

Yep. We spend LONG days in the parks. It always seemed 80 miles back to our room at the end of the night.

Well after booking at AoA last summer and then cancelling to stay in one of the Fort Wilderness cabins because we got a better deal..
We're finally going to get to try AoA!!:cool1:
It's only one night at AoA before our package starts at CBR. I was able to book with a promo on Travelocity and save 15% on a LM room for the night. Incidentally they also had suites for 15% off PLUS the code for another 15% off (code is RMN15) if anyone is interested.

Our first day will be a down day as we aren't doing early ticket pick up. So we plan to check out the entire resort, eat in the foodcourt for lunch and spend the afternoon swimming:).
Can you use any pool while you are there? I'd like the kids to be able to use the Big Blue pool and don't think it's a problem, but thought I should check if it's only for suite guests. If it is will stick to the LM pool:)

all pools for all the guests. The Nemo Big Blue Pool is my favorite. Underwater tunes :thumbsup2

I do have to agree, not looking forward to the walking :)

I just looked on the website and AoA was booked for 6-1 to 6-14 2014. Is that really possible or just because I put in for two weeks?

Packages aren't released for 2014 yet so to my knowledge you can't book any resort for any length of time online yet. You should be able to book via phone though.

I just looked on the website and AoA was booked for 6-1 to 6-14 2014. Is that really possible or just because I put in for two weeks?

I just booked over the phone for a LM room in April 2014 & it was already booked out for 4 days out of our 3 weeks we are staying there, so we had to book Pop Century for our last 4 nights. I didn't realise it would book out so quickly especially when it's not even available yet online. So excited to be staying there though. :D

We are staying at the AoA 8/4-8/11 in the LM rooms. We booked 2 LM rooms because the cost of the 2 rooms was cheaper than the suites. We are trying to get connecting/adjourning rooms. Do they have them there? Also does anyone know which building is the closest to stay in? I read somewhere to try and stay closest to the Lion King section. Which character building would that be? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Do they have them there?

Yes they do. However, you can't book connecting rooms. You can book 2 rooms and make a request that they be connecting.

Also does anyone know which building is the closest to stay in?

Building 9 is the closest. But building 7 has some rooms that are pretty close to the same distance as some of the rooms in 9. I would make your requests, in this order, connecting rooms and close to Animation Hall.

Check out the map to see what I mean.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/artofanimationmap.htm

Hi Everyone!! Staying at the AoA for the 1st time in Aug/Sept to celebrate my nieces 5th bday! Im so excited!! We're just wondering if they have toasters that we can use in the Landscape of Flavors?

Yes they do. However, you can't book connecting rooms. You can book 2 rooms and make a request that they be connecting.

Building 9 is the closest. But building 7 has some rooms that are pretty close to the same distance as some of the rooms in 9. I would make your requests, in this order, connecting rooms and close to Animation Hall.

Check out the map to see what I mean.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/artofanimationmap.htm
Thanks! When we had our travel agent book the rooms he booked 2 separate rooms and said he would make a note about the connecting. I was going to do the early check-in, but I thought I would have him do it if he could to again mention the connecting. Thanks for the info about the buildings. I had seen on a map before how 9 and 7 looked about the same, but I think 9 would be better. Appreciate it!! :)

Hi everyone! Just read through the entire thread, whew!
Need some advice.
We are a family of 6; Me, DH, DS14, DD12, DS,10, DS7

We are booked for a surprise 7 nt stay (kids think we are off site) in a Cars Suite for the end of August. We have a room only discount, only doing BOG for a sit down meal, the rest will be easy stuff in the room and some counter service. I plan to to have WegoShop deliver some groceries. (Mainly cold stuff we can't bring with us) We are not big eaters, especially in the Florid heat. We do better with several nutritious snacks and one main meal.

So, this is my dilema. Should we stay in our Suite or switch to 2 LM rooms? I almost think we will have more room in the two rooms...two refrigs will probably equal the one larger one in the suites. My 14 year old is over 6ft tall and it just seems like the bed options are not going to be great.

I haven't priced out the cost, but I wonder if it may be less expensive as well. The kids won't really care so much the theming of the room...they are huge Disney Movie fans and love all the possible options. The kids keep talking about how cool AoA looks and maybe someday we can stay there. They won't know until we show up at ME and not the car rental counter!

The family suites are 565 square feet, while the LM rooms are 277 or 554 square feet in two of them so you would have a tiny bit more space in the suite. With the suite you and dh would have a door that closes for some space for yourselves which would be nice. You'd also have the bed that converts to a table to sit down and eat since you plan to eat in room a bit, and you'd have a microwave to heat up leftovers or for things you don't want to eat cold. I think personally I'd prefer the suites for those reasons. Being able to close up the sofa bed and turn the other into a table gives you more actual living space during the day rather than always having to sit on the bed.
Of course if you prefer the LM or the cost is much better then that is a better decision for you. Just some of my thoughts.:)

How many people will Disney allow in a suite? My niece (family of 4) are thinking about joining us for a few days. We have 3. It would be 4 adults, 3 kids ages 9,7, 5.

How many people will Disney allow in a suite? My niece (family of 4) are thinking about joining us for a few days. We have 3. It would be 4 adults, 3 kids ages 9,7, 5.

It is a maximum of 6 for ages 3 and up. Sorry. : (

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter