Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

I looked at the Dis-Map for AOA & asked for Cars building #1 because it looked like the best one for us to be near the main building. I have been told that FN & LK is the best ones, but my DD wanted to stay in the Cars Suites.
We are going next month, I report on it when I get back.

2012bella13 said:
I looked at the Dis-Map for AOA & asked for Cars building #1 because it looked like the best one for us to be near the main building. I have been told that FN & LK is the best ones, but my DD wanted to stay in the Cars Suites.
We are going next month, I report on it when I get back.

I just read also, where bldg 1 was the best for Cars, that the lightning McQueen bldg was te furthest away :) can't wait to see your review

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The lightening mcqueen building is the furthest away but not by much and walking through Radiator Springs every morning was pretty fun!

The lightening mcqueen building is the furthest away but not by much and walking through Radiator Springs every morning was pretty fun!

What is building #1?
I can not wait until my DD sees this Resort, right now she is getting into Lion King, she loves Timon, Lion King 11/2, she pretends he is here playing with her, LOL!! We are watching as many Disney Movies as we can! This morning she was dressed as TinkerBell.
I have been making these plans for almost a yr, we were at Disney World in 2011 but was off site, I know so much more now than I did then (we kinda of went in the dark & alot of things going on) & I am hoping she has a wonderful time. We are going to be celebrating her 5th birthday.

Just returned from my Disney trip today. Wanted to share my experience at AOA. LOVED IT!!!!!! I had not originally booked at AOA, but ended up being transferred after a bad experience at POP. The LM rooms are awesome. Pictures do not do them justice. Food court is the bomb. I ended up getting the Tandori chicken 3 times. The whole resort is just "Totes Adore" to quote my dd.:rotfl:

We'll be in a LM room Dec 4-11. How far are the LM rooms from the food court, buses, etc? I've been looking at the map and they look kind of far.

Please tell me it's not too bad of a walk!

We'll be in a LM room Dec 4-11. How far are the LM rooms from the food court, buses, etc? I've been looking at the map and they look kind of far.

I stayed there in Nov. I usually am not one to complain, but I thought the walk was very far. not easy to go get your mug filled quickly. Usually when we headed that way, it was to leave on the bus. Going back and forth was a good 7 minutes walk. May be faster for some and slower for others.

We are staying in a Finding Nemo Suite in May, wondering if I should be requesting a specific building or room...would like to be close to the pool if possible, noise isn't really an issue. Any recommendations?

I just upgraded us from the LM room to a Finding Nemo suite! So excited. I am not telling my family...until we get there and walk in the room! I thought that since we will be there for 8 days that it would be nice to have the extra space.

Can't wait!

This thread has been great! and it helped me making the decision to upgrade our room!

Disneytwinsmom said:
I just upgraded us from the LM room to a Finding Nemo suite! So excited. I am not telling my family...until we get there and walk in the room! I thought that since we will be there for 8 days that it would be nice to have the extra space.

Can't wait!

This thread has been great! and it helped me making the decision to upgrade our room!

Congrats!!! So exciting!!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it add on to your total?
When I checked for us, it adds almost 1200.00 for our 8 day trip. I want to upgrade so bad but I can't justify the price jump when our family only uses the room to sleep, we are never in there.

Congrats!!! So exciting!!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it add on to your total?
When I checked for us, it adds almost 1200.00 for our 8 day trip. I want to upgrade so bad but I can't justify the price jump when our family only uses the room to sleep, we are never in there.

It added another $1232.00.

Hi all!
Can you AoA experts tell me about the advantages and disadvantages between Finding Nemo Suites and Lion King?

It seems like Finding Nemo books up first, and I want to know why. Other than the fact that the Big Blue Pool is there, are there other advantages to being in finding nemo?

I know Lion King doesn't have a pool, and I think I'm ok with that, just trying to decide where we want to be. My #1 priority is being as close to Animation hall as possible.

Thanks!

Hi all!
Can you AoA experts tell me about the advantages and disadvantages between Finding Nemo Suites and Lion King?

It seems like Finding Nemo books up first, and I want to know why. Other than the fact that the Big Blue Pool is there, are there other advantages to being in finding nemo?

I know Lion King doesn't have a pool, and I think I'm ok with that, just trying to decide where we want to be. My #1 priority is being as close to Animation hall as possible.

Thanks!

Finding Nemo is the closest to Animation Hall.

I read in a previous thread that there is not a coffee pot in the LM rooms, can anyone confirm or deny this? Going in Sept 2013 and want to plan accordingly. Can't live without some morning coffee.

I read in a previous thread that there is not a coffee pot in the LM rooms, can anyone confirm or deny this? Going in Sept 2013 and want to plan accordingly. Can't live without some morning coffee.

No they don't

We are staying at AOA in a Cars Suite on our upcoming trip. We are planning to visit MK our first day and most likely will take the bus. We were thinking about eating breakfast at the food court before going to the park. Does anyone know a good time to arrive at the food court to allow enough time to eat and catch bus and make to MK by say 8:30 or a little earlier. Normally I would have made an early breakfast ressie at CP before the park opened but this was a last minute trip and I have only been able to get lunch reservation there. TIA. :)

No, no coffee pots but until recently there was a coffee cart in the LM pool area. Checked in this week and was told they took the coffee cart out! It is a long walk to food court for somebody who hasn't had coffee yet, especially if weather is bad. I would buy a cheap coffee pot to take along or if you are a serious coffee drinker, stay somewhere else! I don't think I'll stay here again because it was a crappy way to start the day.

We are staying at AOA in a Cars Suite on our upcoming trip. We are planning to visit MK our first day and most likely will take the bus. We were thinking about eating breakfast at the food court before going to the park. Does anyone know a good time to arrive at the food court to allow enough time to eat and catch bus and make to MK by say 8:30 or a little earlier. Normally I would have made an early breakfast ressie at CP before the park opened but this was a last minute trip and I have only been able to get lunch reservation there. TIA. :)

my rule of thumb (which usually gets me to the park a little earlier than expected just to be safe) is to be out AT the bus stop and hour before - so 7:30 in your case. So I'd be in the food court by 7:00 to give you 1/2 hour to eat.

Use Google Maps Sat. View to be able to determine relative distances. There is a scale line displayed for example a half inch on the map represents 100 yards. Or just get a ruler and see which start and finish point is....well...the longest. You can be sure you will not need two bottles of water and some beef jerky to survive any of the longest walks in any of the WDW resorts. Take some get in shape walks at home a few months ahead. And try to get your speed up to three half inches per hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter