Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I saved another $239 by booking on orbitz for our 5 nights with Disney sale and then used code"PACKYIURBAGS" to save another $150. I also had a credit from my last trip. So now I am sticking with it! Gf with the discount and with taxes was over $500 a night in January!!!!
Trisha - so, one last silly question -- since I've never booked Orbitz before -- how do I get the meal plan? I want the Disney Dining Plan -- if I book the room and passes on Orbitz, how do I buy the meal plan, directly from Disney World?

TIA,

Tom

You are correct -- little mermaid rooms are excluded - but the suites were there last night.
Tom

You must mean Nemo suites then?

Trisha - so, one last silly question -- since I've never booked Orbitz before -- how do I get the meal plan? I want the Disney Dining Plan -- if I book the room and passes on Orbitz, how do I buy the meal plan, directly from Disney World?

TIA,

Tom

you can't...and FYI...Disney does not like those sites. There have been issues with some reservations not showing up...though I haven't recently read that about orbitz. Tickets bought from those sites tend to have more issues as well. If you have issue with MDE and those tickets.....let's just say they are less than friendly about getting them fixed.

TIA,

Tom
You can't het the meal plan with non Disney bookings. Sorry!

You can't het the meal plan with non Disney bookings. Sorry!
Well, Trisha - I had some real life things to deal with, and when I got home late last night I decided to see what I could find on Disney.go -- and I managed to get Cars family suite , with S/P/D (quick service) for 260 per night. I upgraded to TS dining -- not deluxe for I think another 20 per night. I don't know if it is the best bargain out there, but it worked for me.

Tom

Well, Trisha - I had some real life things to deal with, and when I got home late last night I decided to see what I could find on Disney.go -- and I managed to get Cars family suite , with S/P/D (quick service) for 260 per night. I upgraded to TS dining -- not deluxe for I think another 20 per night. I don't know if it is the best bargain out there, but it worked for me.

Tom
NICE!

You must mean Nemo suites then?

you can't...and FYI...Disney does not like those sites. There have been issues with some reservations not showing up...though I haven't recently read that about orbitz. Tickets bought from those sites tend to have more issues as well. If you have issue with MDE and those tickets.....let's just say they are less than friendly about getting them fixed.
I have booked several room only reservations without any problems, many club level too! I have gotten my on line check in requests or requests thru Disney concierge as well.

I just don't have experience with tickets because I have annual passes.

I have booked several room only reservations without any problems, many club level too! I have gotten my on line check in requests or requests thru Disney concierge as well.

I just don't have experience with tickets because I have annual passes.

What I found interesting, was that site had much more availability for suites than the official site did. So if they are making rooms available via that site -- do they really not like them or, is it that their systems don't integrate well?

Tom

What I found interesting, was that site had much more availability for suites than the official site did. So if they are making rooms available via that site -- do they really not like them or, is it that their systems don't integrate well?

Tom
I believe orbitz and cheaptickets buy blocks of rooms. That's why i often book with orbitz. I can get better savings and often a room type not avaialable at Disney.go.

I see there is no pool in the Lion King section, does that mean there is no laundry room there too? I like the look of the Lion King rooms the best, but I want to be near a pool and laundry so I am wondering if Cars would be a better location for us.

Probably in the same algorithm as deciding who gets PIN codes?

Tom
Dd happened to get an email pin code TODAY!

Not a big mystery, she ordered a planning dvd to be delivered to her college dorm her freshman year in the winter.

Since then she has received 4 pin codes all with her freshman address listed.

This one is good until 6/7/16 so I am going to keep it handy in case!

I see there is no pool in the Lion King section, does that mean there is no laundry room there too? I like the look of the Lion King rooms the best, but I want to be near a pool and laundry so I am wondering if Cars would be a better location for us.
Well LK is right in between LM and Nemo so you could alternate? It looks like a nice location. You will have less pool noise too!

If you hang at the pool while doing laundry I wouldn't move. If you want shortest walking distance to laundry then maybe you should.

I just realized that my ticker is off, we are leaving for F&W on the 28th! So, back to AOA -- can someone help me out here since I've never been, we requested a Cars Suite -- mostly because it appeared to be the closest one to Animation Hall. The map indicates what look like T shaped buildings -- would we be best, if we want the least noise (although we probably will only be in the suite from 10pm to 8am) to request building 1 and the parking lot view? It appears that would be closest to both buses and Animation Hall.

TIA

Tom

Dd happened to get an email pin code TODAY!

Not a big mystery, she ordered a planning dvd to be delivered to her college dorm her freshman year in the winter.

Since then she has received 4 pin codes all with her freshman address listed.

This one is good until 6/7/16 so I am going to keep it handy in case!

I always thought that ordering a planning DVD would trigger at least ONE pin code. I have had multiple coworkers order planning DVDs for 4 years running now and only 1 of the 5 have received a pin. And that guy only got 1.

I always thought that ordering a planning DVD would trigger at least ONE pin code. I have had multiple coworkers order planning DVDs for 4 years running now and only 1 of the 5 have received a pin. And that guy only got 1.

I think, based on the frequency of our trips, they know we don't need to be enticed with a PIN to come back -- we are addicted and need our fix. As my ticker indicates, Life happened between 2002 and 2012 -- I went from going at least once a year to not going at all. So, when I booked the BB after the POR trip, I was pleasantly surprised to be called and offered "we would like to see if you would be interested in upgrading to the Grand Floridian for $400 more total on the cost of your package." Thank God it was via phone as I wouldn't have had a poker face, although I think the CM that called could hear my happy dance through the phone!

Tom

Correct, no laundry room in that section. However, if you request to be close to the main building, those rooms are very close to the main pool. We've stayed in the Lion King section twice and really love it because it's close to everything but quiet because there is no pool. We try to base our location requests on the amenities we will be using the most while at the resort. For us, we use the buses and the food court the most while we're at a Disney resort so we request a room close to those things as we'll be using the buses and food court several times each day while we'll only use the pool a few times throughout the week. And I rarely do laundry at Disney, but if I do, it's only one day. YMMV. If you only plan to do laundry once or twice while you're there, I wouldn't change sections. Plus with the new website/app, you can check the status of the washers and dryers so you're not making wasted trips back and forth to the laundry room.

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Last edited:
I am not sure but with her having a different/new address seemed to be a trigger. Since we have lived in the same house her whole life and had ordered videos previously(many times) without getting a pin it appeared they sent one because she was a "new to them" customer.

Try sending one to a work address?? That still counts as your address. When i call to book i explain that is her school dorm but lives at home at they change the address on the reservation after i have booked without any problems.

Probably a silly question...but, what's a PIN?

It's a unique code given to people via email or snail mail that gives that person access to a discount not offered to the general public. Disney actually calls them Unique Offer Codes now. I just received one via email that could save me:

Up to 30% on Deluxe Villa Resorts
Up to 30% on Deluxe Resorts
Up to 25% on Moderate Resorts
Up to 20% on Value Resorts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter