Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Ugh...Sally and Jack Skellington have been meeting intermittently in the lobby for the past two weeks and I keep missing them. :sad:

Ugh...Sally and Jack Skellington have been meeting intermittently in the lobby for the past two weeks and I keep missing them. :sad:

SERIOUSLY???? We will be down there shortly and spending 1 night at AOA...must definitely keep my eyes peeeeeled...LOVE Jack & Sally!!!!!

I want to order a Prime Pantry box and wanted to confirm if this was the way I was supposed to write the address:

GUEST: Guest Name
c/o Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Check in date: 1/2/3456
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8400

I want to order a Prime Pantry box and wanted to confirm if this was the way I was supposed to write the address:

GUEST: Guest Name
c/o Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Check in date: 1/2/3456
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8400
Sorry no one has responded! I don't mail stuff but that looks like what i have seen posted in the past!

Hello:

I'm hoping someone can help me with respect to the sleeping arrangements here. We've never stayed here but it looks like it might be a good fit for our February trip. The only drawback being that the young "kids" are 16 and 17. We have either stayed in 1 room when there are 3 or 4 of us. With 4 the 1 bathroom quickly becomes an issue. We stayed at the FW Cabins last February and loved it, we had a golf cart and the rule was the "boys" (me included in that) used the golf cart and went to the comfort stations to shower each day to leave the 1 bath for the "girls." However, this trip we have a 5h person going and there is no way 3 females and 2 males can stay in the cabins, nor any of the 5 person moderates. So, my 23 year old niece showed me the 2 bedroom family suite and all 4 of the "kids" want to stay in Cars. While I think it looks kind of cool, and would rather we all be together, I want to understand the sleeping arrangements. The bedroom is clear, the sleep sofa is clear, but what is the "table bed?" Is that like the murphy bed at FT Wilderness Cabins? While the 16 and 17 year old females say they would sleep on anything, I want to make sure they are as comfortable as they would be in a murphy bed. We've stayed at SSR and OKW when we went as a group of 8-9, but for5 of us, I don't think it is worth the money as it is way more space than we will need.

TIA,

Tom

Hello:

I'm hoping someone can help me with respect to the sleeping arrangements here. We've never stayed here but it looks like it might be a good fit for our February trip. The only drawback being that the young "kids" are 16 and 17. We have either stayed in 1 room when there are 3 or 4 of us. With 4 the 1 bathroom quickly becomes an issue. We stayed at the FW Cabins last February and loved it, we had a golf cart and the rule was the "boys" (me included in that) used the golf cart and went to the comfort stations to shower each day to leave the 1 bath for the "girls." However, this trip we have a 5h person going and there is no way 3 females and 2 males can stay in the cabins, nor any of the 5 person moderates. So, my 23 year old niece showed me the 2 bedroom family suite and all 4 of the "kids" want to stay in Cars. While I think it looks kind of cool, and would rather we all be together, I want to understand the sleeping arrangements. The bedroom is clear, the sleep sofa is clear, but what is the "table bed?" Is that like the murphy bed at FT Wilderness Cabins? While the 16 and 17 year old females say they would sleep on anything, I want to make sure they are as comfortable as they would be in a murphy bed. We've stayed at SSR and OKW when we went as a group of 8-9, but for5 of us, I don't think it is worth the money as it is way more space than we will need.

TIA,

Tom

The table bed is basically a murphy bed...but as comfortable as a normal bed. We've stayed in a Lion King suite on 2 different trips with 5 and 6 people -- with "kids" ranging in age from 8-25 (we *need* two bathrooms!). On one trip my then 25yo DS slept on the table bed and the other trip my then 14yo DD slept on the table bed. They both found it to be very comfortable. In fact, my son said that bed was more comfortable that any hotel bed he's slept in. Just for the fun of it, I took measurements of the table bed and sofa bed on our trip this past June:

Table bed (mattress): 75" x 54" x 8"
Sofa bed (mattress): 77" x 53" x 6"

We also take along an inflatable twin size mattress (or two) because none of our kids likes to share a bed. There is plenty of space to use one or two of those if that helps with your planning. We drive to Disney so it's not a problem to take them along. If you're flying, you could just ship it ahead of time and save the packaging to ship it back home when you leave.

The table bed is basically a murphy bed...but as comfortable as a normal bed. We've stayed in a Lion King suite on 2 different trips with 5 and 6 people -- with "kids" ranging in age from 8-25 (we *need* two bathrooms!). On one trip my then 25yo DS slept on the table bed and the other trip my then 14yo DD slept on the table bed. They both found it to be very comfortable. In fact, my son said that bed was more comfortable that any hotel bed he's slept in. Just for the fun of it, I took measurements of the table bed and sofa bed on our trip this past June:

Table bed (mattress): 75" x 54" x 8"
Sofa bed (mattress): 77" x 53" x 6"

We also take along an inflatable twin size mattress (or two) because none of our kids likes to share a bed. There is plenty of space to use one or two of those if that helps with your planning. We drive to Disney so it's not a problem to take them along. If you're flying, you could just ship it ahead of time and save the packaging to ship it back home when you leave.

Thank you very much -- one follow-up, is the resort primarily families with young kids? Would we look out of place with a old man (me), two mid 20s and a 16 and 17 year old? We'd never use the food court because the younger ones don't get up early enough to do breakfast....they graze at the park and I will bring granola bars for me. We do lunch and dinner at the parks and will make ADRs as soon as I book this.

TIA

Tom

Thank you very much -- one follow-up, is the resort primarily families with young kids? Would we look out of place with a old man (me), two mid 20s and a 16 and 17 year old? We'd never use the food court because the younger ones don't get up early enough to do breakfast....they graze at the park and I will bring granola bars for me. We do lunch and dinner at the parks and will make ADRs as soon as I book this.

TIA

Tom

While there are a lot of families with young kids at the resort, there are also "adult" families there. My brother and his wife stayed there when their "kids" were 20 & 22. My son and his girlfriend stayed there when they were 25 & 26. We'll most likely be staying there again next June and our kids that are traveling with us will be 27, 17, 16, & 11 at the time. And I have a friend of a friend who's mid-20 something daughter and 4 of her friends stayed in a suite last summer and had a great time. The only place that (to me) feels overrun with kids is The Big Blue pool. If I was there without kids, I'd probably swim in either the Cars or Little Mermaid pools....they tend to be a little quieter and less crowded. But there are plenty of adults in The Big Blue pool.

What size of milk jug fits in the suite refrigerators? Will a gallon fit, or do I need to buy half gallons? Anyone have a picture of a stocked AoA fridge?

While there are a lot of families with young kids at the resort, there are also "adult" families there. My brother and his wife stayed there when their "kids" were 20 & 22. My son and his girlfriend stayed there when they were 25 & 26. We'll most likely be staying there again next June and our kids that are traveling with us will be 27, 17, 16, & 11 at the time. And I have a friend of a friend who's mid-20 something daughter and 4 of her friends stayed in a suite last summer and had a great time. The only place that (to me) feels overrun with kids is The Big Blue pool. If I was there without kids, I'd probably swim in either the Cars or Little Mermaid pools....they tend to be a little quieter and less crowded. But there are plenty of adults in The Big Blue pool.

That's great, thanks for the response - it will make the decision much easier!

Tom

What size of milk jug fits in the suite refrigerators? Will a gallon fit, or do I need to buy half gallons? Anyone have a picture of a stocked AoA fridge?

I know we've had 2 half-gallon containers in the door (that's the size they carry at Landscape of Flavors). I *think* a gallon would fit in the main portion of the refrigerator but I've never actually tried it. You can see a picture in this blog post but the refrigerator is empty (except for the ruler). The shelves are adjustable/removable. Personally, I would go with half-gallon containers since they fit in the door -- that will give you more space for other things that *can't* go in the door. JMO.

I know we've had 2 half-gallon containers in the door (that's the size they carry at Landscape of Flavors). I *think* a gallon would fit in the main portion of the refrigerator but I've never actually tried it. You can see a picture in this blog post but the refrigerator is empty (except for the ruler). The shelves are adjustable/removable. Personally, I would go with half-gallon containers since they fit in the door -- that will give you more space for other things that *can't* go in the door. JMO.

Thanks! A gallon will usually fit in those fridges if you remove one shelf. Good to know that half-gallons fit in the door, that may be the best option. Now, how much do they cost at Landscape of Flavors? Is it worth the upcharge to not have to go offsite or use a grocery service?

Thanks! A gallon will usually fit in those fridges if you remove one shelf. Good to know that half-gallons fit in the door, that may be the best option. Now, how much do they cost at Landscape of Flavors? Is it worth the upcharge to not have to go offsite or use a grocery service?

I think they were $2.99 when we were there in June. At worst, they were $3.99....but I'm 99% sure it was $2.99 because I remember thinking they weren't significantly more expensive than at home. We barely go through a gallon during the week we're there, so for us it's not worth getting a grocery delivery or going off site to get some.

With the help and comments of you nice people, I'm happy to report that we just booked AOA and a Finding Nemo Family Suite (the location was the prime reason). If we can't get that, we are going to ask for Cars. So as soon as my conference gets over at the GF and the rest of the group arrives, we hop on over to the Art of Animation!!!

Tom

Hello:

TIA,

Tom
Tom ,

There are tons of videos of the rooms and beds. I'll go get you one and post shortly. Also the sofa bed looks like the same style as the blt one and I found that plenty comfy!

With the help and comments of you nice people, I'm happy to report that we just booked AOA and a Finding Nemo Family Suite (the location was the prime reason). If we can't get that, we are going to ask for Cars. So as soon as my conference gets over at the GF and the rest of the group arrives, we hop on over to the Art of Animation!!!

Tom
I love allears.net!!! This is a good one because new bedding and shows opening and shutting of table bed, and both bathrooms!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter