Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

My husband just surprised me with a mini trip for Thanksgiving!!! We haven't stayed Value in forever, but we've never stayed here and love trying new places! We'll be in a LM room.

A few questions :
-Which requests are available in online check in?
-Are there king rooms in the LM section?
-Are there corner rooms (2 windows?)
-Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks!!!

I just realized that my ticker is off, we are leaving for F&W on the 28th! So, back to AOA -- can someone help me out here since I've never been, we requested a Cars Suite -- mostly because it appeared to be the closest one to Animation Hall. The map indicates what look like T shaped buildings -- would we be best, if we want the least noise (although we probably will only be in the suite from 10pm to 8am) to request building 1 and the parking lot view? It appears that would be closest to both buses and Animation Hall.

TIA

Tom
We just got home last Sunday and stayed in Nemo suites which right out our building was the main pool. Animation Hall was right there as well. Cars wasn't too far away but I really liked our location. I would definitely request that again. We had requested courtyard view. Honestly I don't think I ever looked out the window!

Got my first email UOC and used it for $281 for party of 5 May 22-28 Nemo suite. Good? Wait for a better offer? Advice welcomed.

How big are the two pull out beds in the suite rooms? My oldest son is big @ 250lbs. Would he be comfortable on one of these beds?

How big are the two pull out beds in the suite rooms? My oldest son is big @ 250lbs. Would he be comfortable on one of these beds?

They are basically the same size as a standard double bed (within an inch or so).

We just got home last Sunday and stayed in Nemo suites which right out our building was the main pool. Animation Hall was right there as well. Cars wasn't too far away but I really liked our location. I would definitely request that again. We had requested courtyard view. Honestly I don't think I ever looked out the window!

A Nemo suite was by far our first choice, unfortunately they were not available for the Stay/Play/Dine package by the time I went to book the trip so we had a choice of Cars or Lion King, we liked the Cars theming better.

Thanks - I'm glad you had a great trip!

Tom

My husband just surprised me with a mini trip for Thanksgiving!!! We haven't stayed Value in forever, but we've never stayed here and love trying new places! We'll be in a LM room.

A few questions :
-Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Yes there are king rooms, I have stayed in one.

...We'll be in a LM room.

A few questions :
-Any advice/suggestions?

All of the standard rooms at values, including Little Mermaid, have the same single-window design. There are corner rooms but the window setup is the same.

Yes there are king rooms, I have stayed in one.

All of the standard rooms at values, including Little Mermaid, have the same single-window design. There are corner rooms but the window setup is the same.

Thank you both so much! It doesn't look like king room requests are part of the online check-in choices, so we'll be sure to call and add it. My husband is 6'5" and I'm 5'9" and we'd like to actually be able to sleep in the same bed on vacation :)

I'm short, but I'm not a small girl. These are the size of double beds. I slept on both at some point or another, usually with a kid or two, and I found them comfortable.

I've been trying to read through this, but I'm starting to get confused. We think we are going to stay at AofA Sept 2016. We are certainly hopeful that the free dining offer comes along. From what I'm reading, is this right?

1- Once you add Free Dining (if it's offered for next year), you can no longer request a suite (we were hoping for Nemo for the closeness to food and bus transport)?
2 - If Free Dining is offered next year, since we are at a value resort, it's only the QS Dining Plan, not the TS Dining Plan?

We have been debating back and forth between CR (Garden Wing) or AofA. We have 3 kids (14, 12, 9) and have finally decided AofA would be nice for the extra space even though we like the idea of walking to MK. But, I don't think we'd like the bus walk if we ended up in LM and I'd be disappointed if we couldn't get TS Free Dining...

Thanks!

I've been trying to read through this, but I'm starting to get confused. We think we are going to stay at AofA Sept 2016. We are certainly hopeful that the free dining offer comes along. From what I'm reading, is this right?

1- Once you add Free Dining (if it's offered for next year), you can no longer request a suite (we were hoping for Nemo for the closeness to food and bus transport)?
2 - If Free Dining is offered next year, since we are at a value resort, it's only the QS Dining Plan, not the TS Dining Plan?

1. You can always add room requests to any reservation.

2. Correct, Free Dining when staying at a Value is the QS plan. But you can always upgrade to the DDP and pay the difference.

We have been debating back and forth between CR (Garden Wing) or AofA. We have 3 kids (14, 12, 9) and have finally decided AofA would be nice for the extra space even though we like the idea of walking to MK. But, I don't think we'd like the bus walk if we ended up in LM and I'd be disappointed if we couldn't get TS Free Dining...

Thanks!

With the size of your party you wouldn't be in the Little Mermaid section unless you booked 2 rooms. The Little Mermaid rooms have 2 double beds and a max occupancy of 4 per room.

With the size of your party you wouldn't be in the Little Mermaid section unless you booked 2 rooms. The Little Mermaid rooms have 2 double beds and a max occupancy of 4 per room.
Gotcha. I knew they had standard rooms - I thought they had some suites too though. That's good to know. Thanks!

Thanks!

The Nemo suites are often excluded from promotional rates (or available in such a small quantity that very few people get them), but many of the Lion King suites are just as close (if not closer) to the bus stops and food court as the Nemo Suites. And in reality, other than maybe the back section of Building 2 in the Cars section, all of the suites are a quick walk to the main building and bus stops.

The Nemo suites are often excluded from promotional rates (or available in such a small quantity that very few people get them), but many of the Lion King suites are just as close (if not closer) to the bus stops and food court as the Nemo Suites. And in reality, other than maybe the back section of Building 2 in the Cars section, all of the suites are a quick walk to the main building and bus stops.

Meaning you don't get any discount or free dining if you stay in a Nemo suite? :worried: Why is that? Are they just more popular? Is it the location? What a bummer.

I thought the suites were included on free dining not the little mermaid rooms.

They are. It's just that the Nemo Themed Suites are usually excluded because the are the most popular of the Suites and so Disney doesn't have to include those in the Free Dining offer. The resorts offer Free Dining to fill rooms, the Nemo Suites sell very well without it. Same with the Little Mermaid rooms. They sell very well without ANY discount and so have been excluded from just about every special offer.

Meaning you don't get any discount or free dining if you stay in a Nemo suite? :worried: Why is that? Are they just more popular? Is it the location? What a bummer.

They only offer discounts to rooms that are not selling well. Nemo are the most popular so when they offer them it's not many. They are often offered but not for all dates and gone very fast.

When I booked our February Stay/Play/Dine a couple of weeks ago, Nemo was not available, Lion King, and Cars were -- we chose Cars because that's what the kids wanted (17-25, lol) We are going to request building 1. The cost to upgrade from QS to Dining Plan was $20 per person per day.

Tom

It's so hard to choose between CR Garden Wing and AofA. After finally pretty much deciding on AofA, now I'm not sure, since you only get free QS Dining. If we book CR - we'd get free TS Dining I guess (Of course, this is going on the hope that they offer Free Dining next year). Decisions! o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter