Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I love allears.net!!! This is a good one because new bedding and shows opening and shutting of table bed, and both bathrooms!

Thanks, Trisha - we can't wait to go from the understated elegance of the Grand to the over the top fun of AOA!

Tom

Thanks, Trisha - we can't wait to go from the understated elegance of the Grand to the over the top fun of AOA!

Tom
After many cl stays these past 2 years I was worried about going back to value. My last value was pop and I have stayed there many times and also love the over the top theming.

The one girl is her first visit and I think this will be perfect! Besides when we leave mk in the morning we can have lunch and explore the mono resorts. Need my adult beverage at the gf beach bar!

After many cl stays these past 2 years I was worried about going back to value. My last value was pop and I have stayed there many times and also love the over the top theming.

The one girl is her first visit and I think this will be perfect! Besides when we leave mk in the morning we can have lunch and explore the mono resorts. Need my adult beverage at the gf beach bar!

One of my favorite things to do when we stay at AoA is to take the bus from a park to Pop Century one evening and stop by Petals pool bar at Pop to grab a beverage and enjoy it while I'm walking over to AoA. That walk is gorgeous at night....and if you time it right, you can watch the fireworks from Illuminations as you're crossing the bridge. :drinking1

One of my favorite things to do when we stay at AoA is to take the bus from a park to Pop Century one evening and stop by Petals pool bar at Pop to grab a beverage and enjoy it while I'm walking over to AoA. That walk is gorgeous at night....and if you time it right, you can watch the fireworks from Illuminations as you're crossing the bridge. :drinking1
Ya when at POP we took bus to AOA to walk across bridge! We were there the year PoP opened and waited a long time for that bridge:)

Thanks for the illuminations viewing idea. Sounds good!

We are booked in a Cars Suite for a week in December. Usually stay dvc but they were all booked for our last minute trip to see the final year of the Osborne lights. This is a bonus trip this year. We booked on a whim last week! Got a great ap rate, seat sale for flights. Looking forward to it.

Thank you all for the information on AOA!!!Had planned for this trip for a while, looking at so many Disney hotels in the area and finally decided to stay at the AOA (Nemo room). In a few weeks time we'll be there hopefully will be full of surprises, fun and happiness! Will try to post updated pictures of AoA!

DH and I are considering a stay here and were wondering if anyone can answer a few things for me...

1) Does anyone know if the Rooms in the Little Mermaid section have that stupid motion sensor for the A/C? Our Room at POR in May had it and it made for a hard night's sleep.

2)Does AoA participate in the direct to room check in like POR does?

Last edited:
Is there a better Nemo Suite location to request than others?
Looking at the map for myself I don't think I will care what section. However if you don't like noise people post that rooms facing pool are noisy. I love being on the 4th floor for less noise but you have to like running up and down stairs because the elevator is never conveniently located. ( I haven't stayed at aoa yet but have at pop many times/very similar).

So I may request quiet room or upper floor but for now I don't really think I will care what we get.

DH and I are considering a stay here and were wondering if anyone can answer a few things for me...

1) Does anyone know if the Rooms in the Little Mermaid section have that stupid motion sensor for the A/C? Our Room at POR in May had it and it made for a hard night's sleep.

1. Can't really help you -- have only stayed in the suites and didn't seem to have that problem there.

2. Yes, you can do direct-to-room check-in at AoA (assuming you meet the requirements). We did it in June and loved it. It was so nice to just park the car and go right to our room without having to go to the front desk. We figured between the actual check-in process and having to get everyone in and out of the car and then move the car to the room location, we saved about 20-30 minutes of time when we got there....which meant we got a little extra park time that day. :)

2. Yes, you can do direct-to-room check-in at AoA (assuming you meet the requirements). We did it in June and loved it. It was so nice to just park the car and go right to our room without having to go to the front desk. We figured between the actual check-in process and having to get everyone in and out of the car and then move the car to the room location, we saved about 20-30 minutes of time when we got there....which meant we got a little extra park time that day. :)
I'm crossing my fingers that we get the direct-to-room check-in! We're going to be on a really tight schedule on our arrival day, so the thought of saving 20-30 minutes sounds amazing to me. :cloud9:

Tom
I saved another $239 by booking on orbitz for our 5 nights with Disney sale and then used code"PACKYIURBAGS" to save another $150. I also had a credit from my last trip. So now I am sticking with it! Gf with the discount and with taxes was over $500 a night in January!!!!

I saved another $239 by booking on orbitz for our 5 nights with Disney sale and then used code"PACKYIURBAGS" to save another $150. I also had a credit from my last trip. So now I am sticking with it! Gf with the discount and with taxes was over $500 a night in January!!!!

Thanks Trisha: When I checked on Disney.Go they only had little mermaid rooms with a discount - while we don't really care so much about the room theme, it looks like that section is being S/P/D discounted because it is in a different area code than the main building and bus stops. When I went on Orbitz, I got Cars as an option. We packed our bags too and got similar discounts, but we are only staying 3 nights there, I have to suffer with 3 nights at the GF, while the kids suffer with 1 night at the GF with me. Oh shucks that is going to be such suffering.

Thanks,

Tom

When I checked on Disney.Go they only had little mermaid rooms with a discount - while we don't really care so much about the room theme, it looks like that section is being S/P/D discounted because it is in a different area code than the main building and bus stops.

Unless I'm missing something, Little Mermaid rooms are excluded from the current "Play Stay Dine" discount.

I'm crossing my fingers that we get the direct-to-room check-in! We're going to be on a really tight schedule on our arrival day, so the thought of saving 20-30 minutes sounds amazing to me. :cloud9:

As @bluezy stated, yes AoA participates in the Bypass The Front Desk program. However, even if you do online check in and meet all the other criteria it's not a guarantee you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk.

After completing Online Check In you will have one of the following 3 experiences:

Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive an email about 2 weeks before your arrival saying Congratulations, you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk. When you arrive on property, you will get a text. If you room is ready, the text will have your room number. If it's not ready, the text will say so and then say you will receive another text once your room is ready. Either way you can now head to the parks if you want.

Streamlined Check In - Once completing Online Check In you will receive a pop-up stating you will be able to participate in the Streamline Check In process. Once you arrive at CBR, you will proceed to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and hand the CM there your ID. They will check your ID and if your room is ready, they will give you your room number. If it's not ready, you will receive a text with your room number when it is. You can now head to the parks.

Online Check In - If do not receive the Bypass the Front Desk email nor the Streamlined Check In pop-up, when you arrive at CBR head to the Online Check In desk to the right of the normal check in desk. The CM there will check your ID and if your room is ready they will give you your room number. If it's not, you will receive a text with your room number when it is ready. You can now head to the parks.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.

Probably in the same algorithm as deciding who gets PIN codes?

Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter