Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

When is a good time to fax over the room request?

The only resorts that I know definitely accepts faxed room requests are POR and POFQ. Calling the main reservations line and adding room requests to your reservation is still the best way to go. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival.

I apologize that I do not have time to sift through all the comments right now before I ask this question...

how far is the walk to the buses from the Little Mermaid rooms? Do they have their own bus stop? We are concerned because we do not see anything (bus) on the map that's near the LMM rooms. :(

I apologize that I do not have time to sift through all the comments right now before I ask this question...

how far is the walk to the buses from the Little Mermaid rooms? Do they have their own bus stop? We are concerned because we do not see anything (bus) on the map that's near the LMM rooms. :(
There is only one bus stop at AofA, in front of the main building. It's about a 5-10 minute walk depending on where your room is located.

It sounds Worse than it is, really!! We stayed in Mermaid room last year, and enjoyed walking through Lion King section each morning in way yo Coffee and breakfast!!

It sounds Worse than it is, really!! We stayed in Mermaid room last year, and enjoyed walking through Lion King section each morning in way yo Coffee and breakfast!!
Well that sounds encouraging...thanks!

My husband and I stayed at PO and had a bit of a walk, but it was such a nice walk. Plus we were alone for our anniversary and it gave us a chance to hold hands and stop to steal some kisses along the scenic river walk.

However, this time we are going to have a 14yr old son and 4yr old daughter with us. Really do not want to hear any complaining. But if the Lion King section entertains them, we should be just fine. :)

I'm new to this thread, we just booked a one night stay at AoA before the "real" vacation begins the next day. Can you or anyone else point me toward more information about these artist drawing lessons? My teen daughter loves to draw and we were so sad when the art classes were discontinued at Hollywood Studios. I'm wondering if there's any chance this activity could serve as a decent replacement for that? Thank you for any help!

I'm new to this thread, we just booked a one night stay at AoA before the "real" vacation begins the next day. Can you or anyone else point me toward more information about these artist drawing lessons? My teen daughter loves to draw and we were so sad when the art classes were discontinued at Hollywood Studios. I'm wondering if there's any chance this activity could serve as a decent replacement for that? Thank you for any help!
I haven't personally done the class of Art of Animation, but I've heard several people say it's even better than the class that used to be offered at Hollywood Studios. Dates/time are subject to change, but here's some general information. Have fun!
Guests can take a drawing class beside the front desk in the children’s play room daily from Thursday through Monday at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. There is no charge and instruction and materials are provided.

Can someone tell me about the sofa bed and the table bed. In the morning do we make them and put them away or do we leave them for housekeeping? The table bed we would be using for breakfast, just not sure what housekeeping wants done.

Can someone tell me about the sofa bed and the table bed. In the morning do we make them and put them away or do we leave them for housekeeping? The table bed we would be using for breakfast, just not sure what housekeeping wants done.

We always folded up the table bed because we would use the table to eat breakfast and once or twice we folded up the sofa bed thinking maybe we'd save the mousekeepers a little work, but they always unfolded them and remade the beds anyway, so we stopped folding up the sofa bed because we figured it was less work if we just left it open.

Thank you Bluezy. Do both of those beds already have linens on them, or do we need to tell them we need both beds made up?

Is there a known Fax Number for Art Of Animation? I have my requests on my reservation but I also like to fax them as I always do both but can't seem to find a fax number for AOA

Have any adults slept on the table bed? We're thinking of staying in a Cars suite but my husband and I would likely be on the table bed. It'd just be for a few nights. I know its only a double, and we're ok with that. But is it as comfy as a normal bed or more like a pull out sofa mattress?

Have any adults slept on the table bed? We're thinking of staying in a Cars suite but my husband and I would likely be on the table bed. It'd just be for a few nights. I know its only a double, and we're ok with that. But is it as comfy as a normal bed or more like a pull out sofa mattress?

Seemed plenty comfy to me. I didn't sleep on it but my adult sisters did and they had no complaints. From what I could tell it was comparable to a regular bed, if not a little more comfy. I think you'll be fine.

I haven't slept on one for the night but I did spend a little time napping on one. My 25yo son slept on it every night and said it was the most comfortable hotel bed he's slept on (I'd estimate he's slept in 15 different hotels in his life). I found it to be very comfortable as well for my nap. :D I actually thought it was better than the queen-size bed in the bedroom which is very firm. I felt bruised after sleeping on that one -- I had to fold up a blanket for extra padding.

We always folded up the table bed because we would use the table to eat breakfast and once or twice we folded up the sofa bed thinking maybe we'd save the mousekeepers a little work, but they always unfolded them and remade the beds anyway, so we stopped folding up the sofa bed because we figured it was less work if we just left it open.
We also always folded up the table bed, but would sometimes leave the sofa bed open. Mousekeeping left it open if we'd left it that way, and just made the bed. Both the table and sofa beds had sheets already on them when we arrived, and blankets/pillows were stored in nearby drawers or shelves.

We were in a Lion King room and I think it's my favorite theme of any Disney resort I've stayed in. The whole resort is just a delight to look at and I would definitely stay here again. They also had some nice resort-specific merchandise in the gift shop - t-shirts, hats, mugs/cups, keychains, and a cool crossbody purse that I kind of regret not buying although I can't imagine carrying it to work. I did get a baseball cap, which I noticed after I got home is actually a youth hat. But it fits me and it's cute so I'm keeping it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter