Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's another (dumb?) question... are you allowed to have floatation devices in the pool? I want to get a safety float with shade for my infant but I honestly can't remember if Disney is one of those places where you can't take them in the pools. Thanks!

Disney supplies life vests in different sizes right at the pools. This may not be what you need (you mention the shade too) but it's worth knowing about.

It is a 5-10 minute walk depending on your mobility and if you have slow little ones. I would suggest building 7 which is the closest of the LM buildings to Animation Hall. I have heard a rumour that they now have Pop and Coffee stations set up between LM and AH.

I read the 3/29 review on allears where the AoA guest says "Liked how a coffee/soda station was set up midway from LM section to Animation Hall."

One thought on this would be, is the person referring to the refill station at the Drop Off bar? Problem with this thought is if the review's details are accurate, the location isn't midway and doesn't (or didn't) have coffee. But maybe this is what the person is referring to.

If not, maybe Disney is responding to feedback and setting up some kind of station, even temporary? Interesting.

Just read a disturbing review on Trip Advisor about AOA. The reviewer said that housekeeping apparently stole from their room and the one next door. Disney investigated and suggested the guest lost or misplaced the items (including cash). I find this a little hard to believe that Disney would not do more, unless of course the review is total BS. Why wouldn't you use the safe, even if it is small? But, if true I think Disney did not do a proper investigation and believed their employees.

I wouldn't put much stock in that without knowing the entire story. Did they mean they left the cash laying out? Or that they put it in the safe and the housekeeper somehow broke into the safe? That detail would make a big difference in how I felt about it.

I read the 3/29 review on allears where the AoA guest says "Liked how a coffee/soda station was set up midway from LM section to Animation Hall."

One thought on this would be, is the person referring to the refill station at the Drop Off bar? Problem with this thought is if the review's details are accurate, the location isn't midway and doesn't (or didn't) have coffee. But maybe this is what the person is referring to.

If not, maybe Disney is responding to feedback and setting up some kind of station, even temporary? Interesting.

I was wondering if they set something up temorarily over spring break or maybe to test it out. I think if they did that means they are getting a decent amount of negative feedback on how far out those rooms are.

Just read a disturbing review on Trip Advisor about AOA. The reviewer said that housekeeping apparently stole from their room and the one next door. Disney investigated and suggested the guest lost or misplaced the items (including cash). I find this a little hard to believe that Disney would not do more, unless of course the review is total BS. Why wouldn't you use the safe, even if it is small? But, if true I think Disney did not do a proper investigation and believed their employees.

I've seen a number of stories like this and always have the same thought. It's hard to know what really happened. I'm not saying they are lying, but I can see the untenable position Disney is in. Is Disney supposed to simply fork money over to every person that claims something was stolen? Does it happen? I'm sure it does. Do they investigate? Probably at least when there is any recurrence to the claims. But Disney cannot be expected to simply accept the word of those who claim loses - especially when you are talking about cash that could have readily been locked in a safe. It's a tough balance that they have to find.

What are the general thoughts/reviews on the noise when inside the family suites? Noise from the outside as well as other neighboring suites? While I liked POP a lot, we found the noise from outside to be quite loud and since these buildings seem to be the same, I have my doubts. The only thing that would help is that they are inside corridors.

We stayed in the Cars Suite, we had no problem with noise, but of course we were there the last week in Feb. We did hear some kids running in the hall, & one night we could barely hear a baby crying next door & muffled yelling.

:listen:Something everyone should know is to make sure your door closes all the way when you leave, I noticed several times our door did not close & I pulled it shut & made sure everytime I left, I checked the door.

One afternoon, we were back at the room earlier than most people, we were laying down taking a nap, I heard someone try opening the door, it was not a knocking sound, as I made my way to the door a paper slides underneath, so I looked out the peep-hole & saw two men going back down the hall.
Why would he try to open the door? Has he found some doors not closed all the way? It makes you think, doesn't it? These flyers were not connected to Disney World, I wondered how they got past the gate. Disney gives you the warning about flyers being left under your door, that it is not thiers.

I left my laptop, money & good jewelry in the room, not in the safe & nothing happened to it.

:listen:Something everyone should know is to make sure your door closes all the way when you leave, I noticed several times our door did not close & I pulled it shut & made sure everytime I left, I checked the door.

One afternoon, we were back at the room earlier than most people, we were laying down taking a nap, I heard someone try opening the door, it was not a knocking sound, as I made my way to the door a paper slides underneath, so I looked out the peep-hole & saw two men going back down the hall.
Why would he try to open the door? Has he found some doors not closed all the way? It makes you think, doesn't it? These flyers were not connected to Disney World, I wondered how they got past the gate. Disney gives you the warning about flyers being left under your door, that it is not thiers.

I left my laptop, money & good jewelry in the room, not in the safe & nothing happened to it.

Checking the door is really important in the Mermaid rooms too. During our stay in January, we had to pull it closed a couple times. Unfortunately, housekeeping failed to close the door all the way one day. Our room was on the top and at the end and thankfully, not disturbed. We made sure to keep our expensive things in the safe, or the very least in the locked suitcase.

Has anyone had good luck getting the CM to switch your room location in LM? I really want a lakeview room and will request it. I will cry if I get a parking lot view. Anybody have an experience with this? I'm just worried they are so full I would have to wait days to switch.

Hello - can anyone tell me if there is a little store/market where you can get stuff like milk, snacks, etc in AoA? We are ordering groceries & having delivered but wanted to know if there's anything onsite if we run out. Also, about how big is the refrigerator? Think you could fit 2 gal of milk inside if you don't have much else in it? Thanks! :)

Yes, inside of Animation Hall you can buy 1/2 gallons of milk and some snack items. The fridges are really beverage coolers but are quite cold. They do not have a freezer section. We had one at POP last summer. I don't know about the 2 gallons of milk. I think there is a photo of the fridge either at the beginning of this thread or I know there is one at the beginning of the POP thread.

In reading mouse savers they say it is really tough to get to downtown Disney? How long does it take/ what is the best way to get there, we have dinner reservations at raglons pub!
Also is there a place I can get some adult beverages (beer) for the mini fridge? Thanks

Hello - can anyone tell me if there is a little store/market where you can get stuff like milk, snacks, etc in AoA? We are ordering groceries & having delivered but wanted to know if there's anything onsite if we run out. Also, about how big is the refrigerator? Think you could fit 2 gal of milk inside if you don't have much else in it? Thanks! :)

I really think even putting a gallon of milk might be hard. I am trying to remember, but I think you would have to put it on it's side. Plus I didn't think ours was that cold, so the milk might go bad before using the whole thing. I heard if you left the cubboard door open the fridge will stay cooler, but each time we came back, mousekeeping had shut the door.

I've seen a number of stories like this and always have the same thought. It's hard to know what really happened. I'm not saying they are lying, but I can see the untenable position Disney is in. Is Disney supposed to simply fork money over to every person that claims something was stolen? Does it happen? I'm sure it does. Do they investigate? Probably at least when there is any recurrence to the claims. But Disney cannot be expected to simply accept the word of those who claim loses - especially when you are talking about cash that could have readily been locked in a safe. It's a tough balance that they have to find.

I am beginning to lose trust in the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. Last weekend I ate at a restaurant that had rave reviews on there and was actually #1 in the town. However I found it to be the complete opposite.

I believe I've read about people putting two gallons of milk in the refrigerators in the suites (the gallons had to be turned on their sides). But the refrigerators in the Little Mermaid rooms are smaller and I don't think 2 gallons would fit (not even sure if 1 would). Here's a link to pictures of the refrigerator in a suite:

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/74389/title/finding-nemo-family-suite-012/cat/1430

And this review has tons of pictures of the resort. If you scroll to the bottom you'll see several pictures of the food court/grab-n-go area and what food items are available for purchase there.

http://www.easywdw.com/resorts/art-of-animation/

In reading mouse savers they say it is really tough to get to downtown Disney? How long does it take/ what is the best way to get there, we have dinner reservations at raglons pub!
Also is there a place I can get some adult beverages (beer) for the mini fridge? Thanks

I don't know why it would be any harder than anything else. If you have a car, it wouldn't be any worse than driving to some of the parks. If you are using Disney transport, you slimy board the bus to DD.

The catch is if you are trying to get directly from a park to DD. Due to concerns over people parking for free at DD and then riding buses to the parks, there is no direct service from one to the other. If trying to get from the parks to DD, you have to go back to a resort first.

We stayed in the Cars Suite, we had no problem with noise, but of course we were there the last week in Feb. We did hear some kids running in the hall, & one night we could barely hear a baby crying next door & muffled yelling.

Yeah, that's something that annoys me at all the resorts. Doesn't matter much where you are staying. Those pizza delivery fliers find their way into every resort!! I hate the idea of these guys wandering around the resorts. And I have no problem imagining them trying doors as they pass by! I know that I always double check that my door has closed completely. Too many times it hasn't!!!

Has anyone had good luck getting the CM to switch your room location in LM? I really want a lakeview room and will request it. I will cry if I get a parking lot view. Anybody have an experience with this? I'm just worried they are so full I would have to wait days to switch.
Last Dec, my friend and I had booked one night at LM just to try it out. Our room was ready when we got there, so we were thrilled. However, when my friend opened the door to the room, all I heard was 'Disney, we have a problem' from her. I walked in behind her to find a king sized bed!!! Now, we're good friends and all, but not 'that' close!! We went back to the front desk and explained the issue. We were given a new room. Would have been fine, but when we finally got back to the new room (further walk than the king room), we found the keys didn't work. Now, we were now hot, tired, and cranky. So, we called from a central phone at our building. They said they would send someone right over. Okay....but after 30 mins, no one had arrived. Called again. Took an addtl 10 mins for someone to come and remedy the situation. We were given a third room!!! Geez. So, there were obviously plenty of empty rooms if a room needed to be changed!

Buses to DTD are notoriously slow. They can appear every 15 mins or more likely, every 30 mins at the resorts. But, it's no different at AoA than at any other resort. You just have to plan accordingly. Figure on an hour, from resort to DTD. Don't get off at Marketplace when you get to DTD, get off at the second stop...much closer to Raglan Rd.
And you should be able to get some adult beverages at the AoA store. They have beer, wine and some spirits...it ain't cheap though!!!

Does anyone know if cots are available and how much they are? I've searched through this whole thread and can't find the info.

Is there an affordable place for a mani/pedi near AoA? We usually do this before we leave home - but may be on a very tight schedule because of school. Thanks,

Putting in your request is the best idea, and there's a really good chance your request will be honored. I'd also suggest that the "view" isn't all that much to worry about...no matter where your room is located, your LM window first looks out into the exterior walkway, so your view is beyond that. Certainly Hourglass Lake and Pop Century are nice to see, but it's not a gorgeous vista we're talking about. :)

Anyone confirm yet if there are coffess stations in LM?

Nope, just that speculation that perhaps there is (or was) some kind of temporary drink station set up, either for testing or expected crowds. There's been no reports of construction where a permanent drink station would be located. I toured the LM section in late February and there was no evidence of any new work going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter