Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, the doors at LM are metal for certain. I decorated them using magnets.

Second, you touch your KTTK to the touch pad to unlock the door.

Thank you!! I kinda assumed that the doors on the family suites are metal, and with a report that the LM ones are, that makes me feel a little better about it! Thanks for the reply!:goodvibes

Thank you!! I kinda assumed that the doors on the family suites are metal, and with a report that the LM ones are, that makes me feel a little better about it! Thanks for the reply!:goodvibes

Just remember that for the LM rooms, you enter from the outside, and the Suites enter from hallways within the building, so that may play a factor in the type of material they used on the doors.

I was finally able to add some nights on to my reservation in the LM rooms! I was not able to add just the 5 nights I wanted but for some reason was able to add 7 nights. Then I called back and modified the reservation and cancelled the first two nights. I don't really understand why the reservations sometimes make you do this. Maybe they don't like to have rooms open for just a night or two? It just seems kinda unfair that I couldn't just add the nights I wanted and they kept telling me there was no availability for those nights. Finally a CM said that I could add 7 nights and that's when I remembered that someone else on the boards had modified a reservation this way.

We will be going to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. What is the best way to get there from AoA? Thanks.

We will be going to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. What is the best way to get there from AoA? Thanks.

If you are asking about using Disney transportation, then the best method is likely to take the AoA bus to Magic Kingdom, and then taking the bus to Fort Wilderness from there. I don't know if it's an efficient choice but there is also a boat to Fort Wilderness from MK as well -- that would be a fun choice I would imagine.

Edit: Posts below indicate that taking the boat from MK to Fort Wilderness is a good idea for Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

I think the boat is more effecient. the dock is such a short walk to the hoop de doo revue. the bus takes you to near the other edge fo the propeerty, by the main road. and THEN you have to take the internal bus, which takes a while. the boat is fun,t oo! just leave plenty time

Thinking of going in May of 2014 with my sister and her grandson. He loves Cars... What is the closest or best room to request to be close to the bus stop and the food court...:confused:

I asked a few days ago, but I think the question got lost with the bus talk:rotfl: I going to start on-line check-in in a few days. We are staying in the Nemo Suites. What will be my options for requests when I do this on-line? Are there any requests you think I should make? A better building in the Nemo area, etc. Thanks in advance!!

ETA: I understand it is a request, not a guarantee

The Finding Nemo Suites are only in 2 buildings - # 4&5
I would say the options would be a pool view & what floor.
Nemo Suites are the closet to the main building, dis here has a map of AOA.
I looked at it before I made our reservations, but I did not get what I requested.:dance3: We stayed in the Cars Suites, I requested building 1 but got 3, I was still happy, just had a long haul for the luggage, did not use the luggage service checking in, but used one of thier carts checking out.

Thinking of going in May of 2014 with my sister and her grandson. He loves Cars... What is the closest or best room to request to be close to the bus stop and the food court...

Buildings 1 and 3 are closer to the main building/buses than building 2. Either building would be good choice for the Cars section.

Thinking of going in May of 2014 with my sister and her grandson. He loves Cars... What is the closest or best room to request to be close to the bus stop and the food court...:confused:

Building 1 & 3 would be closer than building 2, Dis has a map, I looked at it before I made our reservations, building 1 is closer to the parking lot & I think if you ask for a room close to the bus stops, it would be this building, of course it does depend on what end of the building you get.
I asked for building 1 but got building 3, 3rd floor:rotfl:. we had a pool view, it was a great room. We enjoyed our stay & would stay there again, DD wants to stay in the Lion King next time.

THANK YALL..:thumbsup2 Thats what I thought when I saw the map but I thought there might be sometin else I needed to request.:)

I asked a few days ago, but I think the question got lost with the bus talk:rotfl: I going to start on-line check-in in a few days. We are staying in the Nemo Suites. What will be my options for requests when I do this on-line? Are there any requests you think I should make? A better building in the Nemo area, etc. Thanks in advance!!

ETA: I understand it is a request, not a guarantee

I'm curious to know what your request options are when you do online check in. Can you post what they give you as options when you're done? Thanks!

I'm curious to know what your request options are when you do online check in. Can you post what they give you as options when you're done? Thanks!

Thisseems to depend heavily on the method you use to check in. If you check in by finding your reservation hgh the main Disney site, there are certain options and steps. If you use the MyDisneyExperiemce site, however, where seem to be a few additional options (including setting a pin for RFID purchases).

When I modified my check-in through MDE a few days ago, we had the option of things such as bottom floor, top floor, near the elevator, near transportation, etc... But. We were only allowed to select two preferences. There were no options for requesting cribs, bed rails, etc...

I can't believe I'm going to be here in 11 days! I've been reading the AoA threads since way back when they first announced they were building them! It seems like 100 years ago, lol

I think the boat is more effecient. the dock is such a short walk to the hoop de doo revue. the bus takes you to near the other edge fo the propeerty, by the main road. and THEN you have to take the internal bus, which takes a while. the boat is fun,t oo! just leave plenty time

:thumbsup2 I second this response!

Thank you. It sounds like taking the boat is our best option. I appreciate your input!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter