Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smidgy

smidgy dimples

when you are done eating at raglan road, go over to the first bus stops (the on by the village marketplace. now cross Buea Vista drive (there is a stoplight). there is a Hess gas station with a mini mart. they sell pop chips, and BEER! we bought an 18 pack of Miller Lite for about $12-15. you would pay that for a 6 pack at ther esort! (well, almost) we do this every trip. yes, you can bring it back on the bus.

there are also Hess stations further west On bUena Vista drive (by the Boardwalk resort) and one on World Drive. but this one is easy to walk to if you are without a car and visiting DTD anyway

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. susanktz

susanktz Earning My Ears

I'm not sure if you'll have a car or not, but any kind of strip mall should have one of those "walk-in" type nail salons.

I'm sure affordable can vary. For me, here in NC, the "normal" prices are $15/manicure, $15/fill in acrylic, $20 mani/shellac.

4. lesliekatya

lesliekatya If it's not Baroque, don't fix it.

I was wondering about this myself. I'm pretty sure they don't provide plates, silverware etc., but I was wondering about dish soap, paper towels, that kind of thing. Shampoo, soap and conditioner in the bathroom I assume?

5. beth4

beth4 Mouseketeer

Just checks out today from the Nemo suites...

We had paper plates, bowls, and plastic ware in the kitchen. And a roll of paper towels. No dish soap, but we brought our own.

In the bathrooms there is soap, shampoo, and hand soap. We brought our own liquid hand soap since it is easier for the kids to use.

6. lesliekatya

lesliekatya If it's not Baroque, don't fix it.

Wonderful, thanks! I was planning on bringing all that stuff and now I don't have to. :-)

7. Jimbo352

Jimbo352 Earning My Ears

THANK YOU, it may be our first stop lol!!!!

8. smidgy

smidgy dimples

ps. you don't have to walk all the way THROUGH the village market place to get to the 1st bus stop. go out the way you came in (by the 2nd bus stop, by Planet hollywood). there is a sidewalk between the whole downtown disney and the parking lot, and you can walk on this to the 1st stop (and then across the street to the Hess station.. shorter route!)
    since the packages usually come with a planet hollywood meal voucher, we always try to hit DTD early in the trip, to get beer, and some snacks at the hess . (they also sell cigs, if you smoke. cigs at disney resorts are $10 a pack! not our problem anymore, quit over 2 years ago!! yay:cheer)2:

9. DisneyBeth94

DisneyBeth94 Disney Fanatic

We're here now in a Little Mermaid room and the photos do not do it justice! It is amazing! The walk that everyone has been complaining about it not bad at all. We requested a king-size bed in building 7 and both of our requests have been met. We've also had 3 towel animals since arrival. Its just brilliant! :stitch

10. MyTwoPrincesses

MyTwoPrincesses DIS Veteran

Are the freezers big enough to fit 2 boxes of frozen eggo waffles? And are there toasters in the room or should we bring our own. The kiddies love waffles and I think it makes sense to order them from garden grocer if possible so that they can eat simultaneously with getting ready in the morning.

11. disneydreamer75

disneydreamer75 Dreaming of Disney

Yay!!! Just booked our stay at AOA in the Nemo Suite for the week after Thanksgiving!! Soo excited!! This will be our 4th year in a row going to WDW, we said we were not going this year, but I just can't stay away!!

12. beth4

beth4 Mouseketeer

The freezers in the suites aren't really big enough for a box of waffles. It isn't very high, but it is deep. You could probably fit the waffles if you took them out of the boxes and maybe even gallon ziploc bags so that you can flatten them more. And there are no toasters either.?

13. ADisneyQueen

ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

I don't know if they still make them, but I a few years ago I was able to buy my kids fresh waffles in the bread section that didn't require freezing. Sorry, I can't remember what brand they were.

14. JavArmy

JavArmy DIS Veteran

I still haven't gotten a reply, so I thought I'd ask again :-)

Does anyone know if the doors on the family suite are metal?

15. beth4

beth4 Mouseketeer

I saw reports of them being metal and people were able to hang magnetic signs on them. We just were there though and I brought magnetic signs and mine would not stick. I think my magnetic strips were not strong enough, since the doors did seem metal. But, I was unable to hang the cute signs I made :-(

16. Marblies

Marblies DIS Veteran

17. pisc0011

pisc0011 Earning My Ears

Anyone know if the rumors are true or not? We are going in ten days and will be checking for sure.

18. JavArmy

JavArmy DIS Veteran

Hmmm, thanks for the reply. I wonder if ours will work. I have them all in that magnetic paper you can use in your printer. Any one else have the same or a different experience?

19. smidgy

smidgy dimples

:thumbsup2agreed! and I abhor a parking lot view.

20. mnmhouston

mnmhouston Mouseketeer

I know the walk from LM to LoF and buses has been discussed ad nauseum but how is the walk from LM to Big blue pool?

21. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

The big blue pool is right behind lof so about the same. We swam in the lm pool so didn't walk to swim but I didn't feel any of the walk was bad and we had a 2 and 4 year old with us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.