Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading mouse savers they say it is really tough to get to downtown Disney? How long does it take/ what is the best way to get there, we have dinner reservations at raglons pub!
Also is there a place I can get some adult beverages (beer) for the mini fridge? Thanks

when you are done eating at raglan road, go over to the first bus stops (the on by the village marketplace. now cross Buea Vista drive (there is a stoplight). there is a Hess gas station with a mini mart. they sell pop chips, and BEER! we bought an 18 pack of Miller Lite for about $12-15. you would pay that for a 6 pack at ther esort! (well, almost) we do this every trip. yes, you can bring it back on the bus.

there are also Hess stations further west On bUena Vista drive (by the Boardwalk resort) and one on World Drive. but this one is easy to walk to if you are without a car and visiting DTD anyway

Is there an affordable place for a mani/pedi near AoA? We usually do this before we leave home - but may be on a very tight schedule because of school. Thanks,

I'm not sure if you'll have a car or not, but any kind of strip mall should have one of those "walk-in" type nail salons.

I'm sure affordable can vary. For me, here in NC, the "normal" prices are $15/manicure, $15/fill in acrylic, $20 mani/shellac.

We are staying at AoA for the first time in May and I cannot wait! My DH, brother (21) and our 9.5 month old and I will we staying in a Nemo suite. This is our first time traveling with DS and we're trying hard not to over pack... what toiletries and things are included in the room? When I've stayed in a hotel in the past with a kitchenette they have included dish soap and things like that... is there anything like that already in the room? I just don't want to pack stuff that they are going to provide. I had some other questions but now I can't remember... mommy brain :lmao:

I was wondering about this myself. I'm pretty sure they don't provide plates, silverware etc., but I was wondering about dish soap, paper towels, that kind of thing. Shampoo, soap and conditioner in the bathroom I assume?

I was wondering about this myself. I'm pretty sure they don't provide plates, silverware etc., but I was wondering about dish soap, paper towels, that kind of thing. Shampoo, soap and conditioner in the bathroom I assume?

Just checks out today from the Nemo suites...

We had paper plates, bowls, and plastic ware in the kitchen. And a roll of paper towels. No dish soap, but we brought our own.

In the bathrooms there is soap, shampoo, and hand soap. We brought our own liquid hand soap since it is easier for the kids to use.

Just checks out today from the Nemo suites...

We had paper plates, bowls, and plastic ware in the kitchen. And a roll of paper towels. No dish soap, but we brought our own.

In the bathrooms there is soap, shampoo, and hand soap. We brought our own liquid hand soap since it is easier for the kids to use.

Wonderful, thanks! I was planning on bringing all that stuff and now I don't have to. :-)

when you are done eating at raglan road, go over to the first bus stops (the on by the village marketplace. now cross Buea Vista drive (there is a stoplight). there is a Hess gas station with a mini mart. they sell pop chips, and BEER! we bought an 18 pack of Miller Lite for about $12-15. you would pay that for a 6 pack at ther esort! (well, almost) we do this every trip. yes, you can bring it back on the bus.

there are also Hess stations further west On bUena Vista drive (by the Boardwalk resort) and one on World Drive. but this one is easy to walk to if you are without a car and visiting DTD anyway

THANK YOU, it may be our first stop lol!!!!

THANK YOU, it may be our first stop lol!!!!

ps. you don't have to walk all the way THROUGH the village market place to get to the 1st bus stop. go out the way you came in (by the 2nd bus stop, by Planet hollywood). there is a sidewalk between the whole downtown disney and the parking lot, and you can walk on this to the 1st stop (and then across the street to the Hess station.. shorter route!)
since the packages usually come with a planet hollywood meal voucher, we always try to hit DTD early in the trip, to get beer, and some snacks at the hess . (they also sell cigs, if you smoke. cigs at disney resorts are $10 a pack! not our problem anymore, quit over 2 years ago!! yay:cheer)2:

We're here now in a Little Mermaid room and the photos do not do it justice! It is amazing! The walk that everyone has been complaining about it not bad at all. We requested a king-size bed in building 7 and both of our requests have been met. We've also had 3 towel animals since arrival. Its just brilliant! :stitch

Are the freezers big enough to fit 2 boxes of frozen eggo waffles? And are there toasters in the room or should we bring our own. The kiddies love waffles and I think it makes sense to order them from garden grocer if possible so that they can eat simultaneously with getting ready in the morning.

Yay!!! Just booked our stay at AOA in the Nemo Suite for the week after Thanksgiving!! Soo excited!! This will be our 4th year in a row going to WDW, we said we were not going this year, but I just can't stay away!!

Are the freezers big enough to fit 2 boxes of frozen eggo waffles? And are there toasters in the room or should we bring our own. The kiddies love waffles and I think it makes sense to order them from garden grocer if possible so that they can eat simultaneously with getting ready in the morning.

The freezers in the suites aren't really big enough for a box of waffles. It isn't very high, but it is deep. You could probably fit the waffles if you took them out of the boxes and maybe even gallon ziploc bags so that you can flatten them more. And there are no toasters either.?

I don't know if they still make them, but I a few years ago I was able to buy my kids fresh waffles in the bread section that didn't require freezing. Sorry, I can't remember what brand they were.

I still haven't gotten a reply, so I thought I'd ask again :-)

Does anyone know if the doors on the family suite are metal?

I still haven't gotten a reply, so I thought I'd ask again :-)

Does anyone know if the doors on the family suite are metal?

I saw reports of them being metal and people were able to hang magnetic signs on them. We just were there though and I brought magnetic signs and mine would not stick. I think my magnetic strips were not strong enough, since the doors did seem metal. But, I was unable to hang the cute signs I made :-(

Putting in your request is the best idea, and there's a really good chance your request will be honored. I'd also suggest that the "view" isn't all that much to worry about...no matter where your room is located, your LM window first looks out into the exterior walkway, so your view is beyond that. Certainly Hourglass Lake and Pop Century are nice to see, but it's not a gorgeous vista we're talking about. :)

I beg to differ. We always request (and gotten) lake view rooms. I LOVE the view of POP or the view of AOA (from POP) with trees, landscaping and Hourglass lake. When you live in the suburbs in Texas, you appreciate green over asphalt any day, but a DISNEY day makes it sublime!

Anyone know if the rumors are true or not? We are going in ten days and will be checking for sure.

beth4 said:
I saw reports of them being metal and people were able to hang magnetic signs on them. We just were there though and I brought magnetic signs and mine would not stick. I think my magnetic strips were not strong enough, since the doors did seem metal. But, I was unable to hang the cute signs I made :-(

Hmmm, thanks for the reply. I wonder if ours will work. I have them all in that magnetic paper you can use in your printer. Any one else have the same or a different experience?

I know the walk from LM to LoF and buses has been discussed ad nauseum but how is the walk from LM to Big blue pool?

I know the walk from LM to LoF and buses has been discussed ad nauseum but how is the walk from LM to Big blue pool?

The big blue pool is right behind lof so about the same. We swam in the lm pool so didn't walk to swim but I didn't feel any of the walk was bad and we had a 2 and 4 year old with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter