Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at AoA for the first time in May and I cannot wait! My DH, brother (21) and our 9.5 month old and I will we staying in a Nemo suite. This is our first time traveling with DS and we're trying hard not to over pack... what toiletries and things are included in the room? When I've stayed in a hotel in the past with a kitchenette they have included dish soap and things like that... is there anything like that already in the room? I just don't want to pack stuff that they are going to provide. I had some other questions but now I can't remember... mommy brain :lmao:

here's another (dumb?) question... are you allowed to have floatation devices in the pool? I want to get a safety float with shade for my infant but I honestly can't remember if Disney is one of those places where you can't take them in the pools. Thanks!

Ithink the flotation devices varies. there are all kinds of them at the quiet pools at the moderate resorts. but it seems like, at the values, they only allow the noodles?

all the numerous tmes I have stayed at all the dif. levels of resorts, I can't believe I don't know the answer to this.!:rotfl:

I know I would love to bring a blow up air mattress, and I KNOW that isn't allowed.

I think they don't allow the little blow up tubes for the kids cause then the kids wold have a false sense of security? but then, there are no life guards at the quiet pools at the moderates, so anything goes?

anyone know?

No chicken strips or nuggets. I asked, they said no and I never heard the end of it from someone who decided to be a picky eater. But yes to burgers and pizza.

We are in trouble. My grand daughter eats chicken nuggets fried only some times French fries. She will eat a white hamburger bun. Is the bridge still available to POP. Can we use mugs there? She has her heart set on the mermaid room.

you can use either food court, whether you stay at pop or AOA. now, really if you buy a mug at AOA, you really think you can't use it at pop? or vice versa? (I know you can't use each other's pools).

we were staying at pop last august and went over to AOA and filled our mugs.

we will be at AOA in a few weeks and will go over to POP for the om's night out meals. and we will bring our mugs sheesh. it's fine. (they will be newly purchased mugs! we just choose to enjoy the other food court. we are disney resort guests.)

you can use either food court, whether you stay at pop or AOA. now, really if you buy a mug at AOA, you really think you can't use it at pop? or vice versa?

Officially, you can't use a mug at Pop that was purchased at AoA. Is there anything in place to stop you, no.

We are staying at the AOA in August in a little mermaid room. I was looking at the map and noticing that it seems pretty far away from the main hall. Is this where the only bus stop is to or is there a bus stop by the little mermaid rooms?

We are staying at the AOA in August in a little mermaid room. I was looking at the map and noticing that it seems pretty far away from the main hall. Is this where the only bus stop is to or is there a bus stop by the little mermaid rooms?

The only bus stop is the one by the Animation Hall.

It is a 5-10 minute walk depending on your mobility and if you have slow little ones. I would suggest building 7 which is the closest of the LM buildings to Animation Hall. I have heard a rumour that they now have Pop and Coffee stations set up between LM and AH.

I just read a review from a reader on allears from 3-29 and the reviewer said there was a coffee/soda station set up between LM and Animation hall. Does anyone know if this station is open all day or only certain hours?

I am so hoping that rumor is true! My mom isn't very happy about walking 5-10 min. to get her coffee.

Not happy about that either. When we stay at Pop, DD10 enjoys some "independance" walking over to Everything Pop to get my morning coffee. We stay in 60s and it's about a minute walk. Don't think she'll be making that walk at AoA. Guess I'll have to grab it on our way to the bus and deal with the mug all day. :coffee:

Not happy about that either. When we stay at Pop, DD10 enjoys some "independance" walking over to Everything Pop to get my morning coffee. We stay in 60s and it's about a minute walk. Don't think she'll be making that walk at AoA. Guess I'll have to grab it on our way to the bus and deal with the mug all day. :coffee:

That is exactly the issue we had going from Pop to AoA. My daughter is 12 and for the past couple trips loved spreading her wings and walking over to get a snack for us or popping into the gift shop. We stayed at AoA in December and that just didn't happen this time. And since we didn't want to carry our mugs all day, we just didn't really use the mugs. I think they only got filled 2 or 3 times over 10 days.

That is exactly the issue we had going from Pop to AoA. My daughter is 12 and for the past couple trips loved spreading her wings and walking over to get a snack for us or popping into the gift shop. We stayed at AoA in December and that just didn't happen this time. And since we didn't want to carry our mugs all day, we just didn't really use the mugs. I think they only got filled 2 or 3 times over 10 days.

Unless AoA really wows us, I think we'll be going back to our "home base" Pop.

Unless AoA really wows us, I think we'll be going back to our "home base" Pop.

I'm really glad we stayed at AoA. But we're heading back to the Pop for a quick stay in June. :)

My guess is that over time, lots of folks will have had their chance to try it out and occupancy will fall to a level where they discount even those rooms.

Just read a disturbing review on Trip Advisor about AOA. The reviewer said that housekeeping apparently stole from their room and the one next door. Disney investigated and suggested the guest lost or misplaced the items (including cash). I find this a little hard to believe that Disney would not do more, unless of course the review is total BS. Why wouldn't you use the safe, even if it is small? But, if true I think Disney did not do a proper investigation and believed their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter