Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the poolside drink station is open 24/7?
When we were there 7/19 through 7/26, the Big Blue pool area was open 24/7, and the drink station was, too. This came in handy when our suitcase was delivered at 12:30 a.m. soaking wet with all of our clothes soaked, so we had to stay up until 3 a.m. doing laundry our first night at the resort. At least we could drink soda and sit by the pool while our clothes were washing/drying. The trip was great overall, but that was a disappointing start.

:eek:Oh My! How did your suitcases get soaking wet? That is dreadful!
It was raining when we got on Magical Express. We think the bag either got left out in the rain for a while, or it fell in a puddle. The other people in our party did not have the same thing happen, so it wasn't just from the rain. It took more than 6 hours for our bags to show up after our flight, and we wonder if someone didn't know what to do with the bag after it got soaked. It looked like our bag had been sitting somewhere, soaked, for a long time, because there was mold or mildew on some of it. A CM at AofA brought us a roll of quarters and two $5 bills so we could do our laundry.

Subbing. We are going down on 8/23-8/31 and we requested a Finding Nemo suite. We are super excited and can't wait for our trip and to see AoA.:thumbsup2

Thanks! This is our first time at a value resort and we are super excited!! No hot tub is kinda a bummer after a long day at the parks it is nice to relax but we will live without it!

No hot tubs and no lounge. I'm glad we're only staying part of the day and overnight to check it out. It looks fun but it seems to be lacking in ammenitites. I'm not familiar with the Values but am guessing that's the norm.

Thanks for starting this thread! I am checking in to a Cars Suite on Sunday!!! If anyone has any specific questions, I'm sure I'll be popping on the internet now and then...and I am a major picture-taker.

Oh my gosh, so excited, We decided to add two nights on to our stay and finally a LM room opened up! We are spending 9 nights at Bonnet Creek and then switching for 2 nights!

rentayenta said:
No hot tubs and no lounge. I'm glad we're only staying part of the day and overnight to check it out. It looks fun but it seems to be lacking in ammenitites. I'm not familiar with the Values but am guessing that's the norm.

Yes that's the norm for values and they do lack luxury but for us, we'd rather stay for 8,9,10 days at a value then at a mod or deluxe for a much shorter time.

Beware you will find surprise enjoyment in the value resort, and you may not miss the luxuries! :-)

It was raining when we got on Magical Express. We think the bag either got left out in the rain for a while, or it fell in a puddle. A CM at AofA brought us a roll of quarters and two $5 bills so we could do our laundry.

Well, that was good of them. :) So glad you had a great trip.

I can live without the hot tub and lounge. I'm only doing one night as I added a day at the beginning of my trip. It'll be my second value experience. While I prefer mod/deluxe, I did enjoy my value stay. All the levels have their own appeal. I figure to enjoy the cute for one night.

Courtesy of my forum pal Janet B, moderator on the Pop thread, here's the Pop/AoA movie schedule for August 2012:

Movies showing nightly at:

Pop Century - 8:30 pm by the Hippy Dippy Pool popcorn::

Sunday - Alice in Wonderland (Animated Version)
Monday - Dumbo
Tuesday - The Princess and the Frog
Wednesday -Nightmare before Christmas
Thursday - Winnie the Pooh
Friday - Toy Story 2
Saturday - The Lion King

and FYI .... for more movie choices for folks who may want to stroll over to AoA ....

Art of Animation - 8:30 pm by the Big Blue Pool popcorn::

Sunday - Lilo & Stitch
Monday - Phineas & Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension
Tuesday - Lion King 1-1/2
Wednesday - Emperor's New Groove
Thursday - The Brave Little Toaster
Friday - Toy Story
Saturday - Dinosaur

Yes that's the norm for values and they do lack luxury but for us, we'd rather stay for 8,9,10 days at a value then at a mod or deluxe for a much shorter time.

Beware you will find surprise enjoyment in the value resort, and you may not miss the luxuries! :-)

I'm sure we'll really like it. :thumbsup2 It looks darling. Can't wait to hear the Nemo underwater feature. The AoA food court looks really good. We're looking forward to our night there.

We are staying in the Cars Suites November 15-23rd! This is a surprise visit for my 5 1/2 yr old son! We are so excited! I am a little wary of the baggage thing with WDW. I have heard that it can take time for the bags to get to your room. We are not arriving into MCO until 10pm. What should I expect??? I was considering packing everything needed for one night in my carryon!
Even naked...I'd be happy to be at WDW! :lmao:

We are staying in the Cars Suites November 15-23rd! This is a surprise visit for my 5 1/2 yr old son! We are so excited! I am a little wary of the baggage thing with WDW. I have heard that it can take time for the bags to get to your room. We are not arriving into MCO until 10pm. What should I expect??? I was considering packing everything needed for one night in my carryon!
Even naked...I'd be happy to be at WDW! :lmao:

After 10PM, Magical Express does not get your bags from baggage claim for you. Arriving that late, you will need to go to baggage claim and get your bags. Bring them with you to the Magical Express check-in. They will then be loaded onto the ME bus that will take you to your resort. They will be with you the whole time. Other than at baggage claim, no waiting for your bags.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter