Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is very helpful! We will be at AoA in ten days... just in time to check in at LK!
I thought I read somewhere that there is a sketch artist that hangs out in the lobby? Is this everyday? Does he distribute any of his artwork?

I also heard there is pin trading daily in animation hall... does anyone have anymore info on this?

I think they do this at most all of the resorts. I know there is someone at Pop doing some type of drawings and they seem to be there almos all day.

There is also ussually pin trading in the afternoon and evenings at the resorts, just check at the front desk, they can give you times.

Does anyone know if the poolside drink station is open 24/7?

I would expect that it would only be open the same hours that the bar is open, but I guess I will find out next month, unless someone knows for sure.

I think they do this at most all of the resorts. I know there is someone at Pop doing some type of drawings and they seem to be there almos all day.

There is also ussually pin trading in the afternoon and evenings at the resorts, just check at the front desk, they can give you times.

I would expect that it would only be open the same hours that the bar is open, but I guess I will find out next month, unless someone knows for sure.

Someone upthread reported that she got a refil at the bar station in the middle of the night. Coffee/icetea probably isn't fresh but the soda would be easy enough to leave on.

Booked in a Cars Suite the week following Thanksgiving. It's our first Disney vacation ever...as a family and individually. We are all super excited!

Very happy to have found these message boards...Very helpful so far with my trip planning!

I thought I read somewhere that there is a sketch artist that hangs out in the lobby? Is this everyday? Does he distribute any of his artwork?

AoA has a specific area for a drawing class activity to tie into the overall animation story of the resort. From the reports it sounds like something similar to the drawing class at Hollywood Studios.

At Pop there is a caricature artist. You have to purchase those drawings.

AoA has a specific area for a drawing class activity to tie into the overall animation story of the resort. From the reports it sounds like something similar to the drawing class at Hollywood Studios.

That sounds interesting, this is the first I had heard of it, thta's why I thought about the ones at Pop.

I couldn't remember what they were drawing, I just knew they were there.

Is there an Einstein Bros Bagels at AoA? It shows one there on Einstein's store locator.

I LOVE their asiago bagel.

Is there an Einstein Bros Bagels at AoA? It shows one there on Einstein's store locator.

I LOVE their asiago bagel.

I didn't see one when we went over in June, but I do see it on the website, interesting.

Does anyone know if roll-a-ways are available/allowed (even with extra charge)?

I would like to plan a trip for 4 adults and 3 children staying in the same room without blowing the budget with a Villa!

Children ages 8,10,12 if that makes a difference:goodvibes

momma2minnie said:

I would like to plan a trip for 4 adults and 3 children staying in the same room without blowing the budget with a Villa!

I don't think they will book you with more than 4 in a room so your question may be moot.

Also, having stayed Pop many times the standard rooms are extremely tight for even 2 adults and 2 kids.

Your best option would be to book during a time offering a room discount that includes AoA and go for the villa.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!

I actually meant one of the family suites. I've read "sleeps 6" and was wondering if that could be stretched to "sleeps 7" with a roll-away. Not trying to pull a fast one, just trying to be budget friendly. I figure that even with a slight up-charge it would be a little easier on the pocketbook than a Villa if this were possible!

I haven't even mentioned it to the Hubster yet! I'm trying to get the ducklings in a row before I "go there"!

momma2minnie said:
Thanks for the reply!

I actually meant one of the family suites. I've read "sleeps 6" and was wondering if that could be stretched to "sleeps 7" with a roll-away. Not trying to pull a fast one, just trying to be budget friendly. I figure that even with a slight up-charge it would be a little easier on the pocketbook than a Villa if this were possible!

I haven't even mentioned it to the Hubster yet! I'm trying to get the ducklings in a row before I "go there"!

I think that six is the max unless one is in a pack and play.

Thanks for the reply!

You really, might be better off reserving two value rooms - I'm thinking it would be cheaper than a two bedroom villa. Haven't checked that, though.:confused3

momma2minnie said:

You will not fit in a suite . You could do two rooms at lm section, Pop or all stars. That would allow you room for 8 . That is what we do we do when nana and papa go.

Booked in a Cars Suite the week following Thanksgiving. It's our first Disney vacation ever...as a family and individually. We are all super excited!

That's our week, too. So excited and it finally seems like it's getting closer! pixiedust:

That's what we have to find out. We're in the LM rooms and only have three, but due to medical reasons we really need separate sleeping. I hope it's allowed.

You will not fit in a suite . You could do two rooms at lm section, Pop or all stars. That would allow you room for 8 . That is what we do we do when nana and papa go.

This is what we're doing. 2 adults, 6 kids, 1 infant. And it's way cheaper than a family suite anyway!

Very excited to stay in a LM room in December! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the Lion King section opening this month. :)

Does anyone know if the AoA has hot tubs outside next to the pools anywhere? We are staying in the Lion King Suite from 8/12 - 8/18 and can't wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter