Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I have a couple questions!

What is the fastest way to get from the Boardwalk to Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Also, What are ideal times for the Giraffes to be out & about/active?

I am taking my Girlfriend to AKL on our non-park day to *hopefully* see the Giraffes because she has never been to AKL and she adores Giraffes.
We are planning on having a snack/visiting the boardwalk on the same day and I'm trying to plan everything out.
We DO have our own vehicle so that is another option, But I wasn't sure what other options there were for transportation because I would like to park at the boardwalk and work our day around that.

Thanks!

8-10 am then they get lazy, dusk/rainy times.
Actually all of the animals on the 3 largest savannas go into their barns during the mornings and are off the savanna for about an hour & 1/2. They empty one savanna, let those animals back out, then move the animals on the next savanna into their barn then let them out then do the same on the third savanna. So going between 8-10 guarentees that at least one savanna will have no animals as they will be in their barn for their daily morning check/feed. All three savannas have giraffes, so check the outlook for Arusha savanna (behind AKL Jambo's lobby,) Uzima savanna (walk past the Jambo pool on the left, there'll be a cast member from Africa there to chat about the animals,) and then take a DS springs bus or walk or van up to Kidani - the DVC arm of AKL - to the Sunset savanna overlook - there are nice rocking chairs to the right of the Kidani outlook where you can view Sunset savanna as well.
OP parking at BW is discouraged - in fact I got a flyer about that when I stayed there last Dec. warning that even as a guest staying at the resort I might have trouble finding parking. Where are you staying? Just take Disney transportation from there to the front of DHS and walk or boat to BW from there. Then walk/boat back to DHS and take the AKL bus. If you're staying offsite park for free at Disney springs and take the BW bus. After BW walk/boat to the front of DHS and take the AKL bus. Take the DS bus from AKL to get back to DS & your car.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an updates on the soft goods refurb that's going on in Kidani? Are they changing any of the bedding or anything? Anyone have any pictures?

Does anyone know if there are towels provided at the Kidani pool? We are arriving Sat at about 9:30am and are sure we will not be in our room for several hours. Not sure if we should pack towels for the pool in out carry on bags so we have them. Thanks!!!

4 more days!!!
:tigger:

Does anyone know if there are towels provided at the Kidani pool? We are arriving Sat at about 9:30am and are sure we will not be in our room for several hours. Not sure if we should pack towels for the pool in out carry on bags so we have them. Thanks!!!

4 more days!!!
:tigger:
There are towels at the pool. Have an awesome time!

We are doing a split stay, Kidani September 9-12 and Jambo September 12-17!!! Check in 3 weeks from today!!!
September

Grooovertoo, Aug 31st - 10th, Jambo House

Laneybelle, 1st - 5th, AKL

KingdomHeartsFan, 9th -12th, Kidani

KingdomHeartsFan, 12th - 17th, Jambo

Publix subs, 15th - 19th, AKL

Dreamseeker9, 17th - 20th, AKL

Mm. Leota, 17th - 24th, AKL

BanditsMommy, 18th - 25th, AKL

berryinDC, 19th - 23rd, AKL

PNO4TE, 23rd - 26th, F&W BWV

Brnrss34, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL

YoYoAurora, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL CL

RachelTori, 24th - Oct 1st, GF and BWI

Nicolebridget22, 24th - 8th, AKL

Hill6, 26th - 28th, Kidani

MadMadamMim1, 26th - Oct 1st, Jambo House

AmyA, 28th - Oct 5th, AKL

Please add me too:
November 20-22 quick but much anticipated trip!
November

Phi2012, Oct 26th - 11th, AKL

TeeterTots, 4th - 7th, AKV CL

DizDaD7, 4th - 12th, AKL

KStash, 5th - 11th, AKL

Dkrauss, 6th - 12th, Jambo House

Lovetotraveltx, 13th - 19th, AKL CL

Peteykirch, 13th - 19th, Kidani

Blended Disney, 20th - 26th, Kidani

Wdwnut61, 20th - 27th, AKL

2girlsR2good, 20th - 22nd, AKL

Henry72, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Smec73, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Mickeyheart, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL CL

Saysib, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL

MemphisVanessa, 28th to Dec 5th, AKL

Lylone, 28th - Dec 2nd, AKL

BethanyLynnFit, 30th - Dec 3rd, AKL

We will be there for our first stay and we are staying CL. :yay::yay::yay: I was so excited I forgot to add our dates Oct 3-5, 2016
October

PghPiratesGirl, Sep 29th - 6th, AKL

Mmafan, Sep 30th - 11th, Jambo House

Kerim1983, 1st - 10th, AKL

HollyMD, 2nd - 9th, AKL

Pooh'smate, 3rd - 5th, AKL

Vinotinto, 5th - 10th, AKL

Utlegaleagle, 11th - 15th, AKL

Disneymom1126, 14th - 22nd, AKL

Ruth B, 20th - Nov 1st, AKL

John's Mom, 24th - 27th, Boardwalk Villa

Jfortsch, 24th - 30th, AKL

Phi2012, 26th - Nov 11th, AKL

Can anyone describe or do you have pictures of the remodeled club lounge? When I was there in May they were re-modeling. I booked club level bounce back for Dec 9-13 and am curious to the changes.
December

Pedinurse5207, 1st - 7th, akl

John's Mom, 3rd - 10th, AKV Jambo House

PamelaKay, 9th - 13th, AKL

LvsTnk, 11th - 21st, AKL

PNO4TE, 16th - 19th, POFQ

Wsmagee, 16th - 22nd, AKL

Hi! This is our first stay at AKL Jambo House, First time to AKL ever! We are renting points thru Dave's Rental. Savannah views 2BR and a Studio. Any chance someone knows where these might be located? I use Touring Plans and don't know if you can do a request for them. We are going January 22-29, 2017. I also would like to know if the Star Wars Fireworks are permanent or just an event, I can only see one day it is listed while we are there. I'm not a frequent poster but I read the boards all the time and am educated everyday by everyone! Thanks for all the info!
January

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

First time to AKL in October - booked a standard room but would LOVE to get a partial savannah room - selected only kudu trail view on room requests would selecting king bed as a secondary hurt my savannah partial view chances?
This is just my personal take on your question. It all depends on what is crucial to you. According to TourpingPlans room view finder, standard rooms with king bed are located at Kudu and Giraffe Trail. If view is important and you can live without a king bed, just pick Kudu trail only. If you put secondary king bed and there is no king bed room at Kudu, you might end up at Giraffe Trail looking over the parking lot. Hope it helps.

So I am doing online check in and getting cold feet about the room. I do want a King Size bed as this is a nice treat for me and the hubby on vacation so that is priority one. I was going to ask to be close to the lobby but I have two concerns. One is I don't want to be near the restaurant side of the lobby as I have the nose of a bloodhound being pregnant. The other is I am a light sleeper and like afternoon naps when I have long park days. I just read on another post that someone got a standard room and it was right on top of the lobby and noisy. So that being said if I instead pick King sized bed and one of the trails is the walk going to be that far? Are we talking a 5 min difference or 10 min? I work in NYC so I walk 5,000-7,000 steps on a quiet day with my commute, I am thinking some of the talks about long walks from far flung rooms must be exaggerations.

I also am completely fine with a parking lot view, I feel like as a city dweller the minor car/bus noise won't be as much of an issue as the echoing off the lobby noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter